• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJs: Do you consider yourselves an "extroverted introvert?"

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure my little brother is an ISFJ, but I'm not quite sure. He definitely gets drained when he's around people for too long, but he's so outgoing, friendly, lively, hilarious, etc. when he's around people he likes. He's a real performer and likes to get a rise out of everyone.

What do you think? Do you consider yourselves "extroverted" for introverts?

bronte27

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I almost always score 90% or above on my preference for introversion. I almost always prefer having alone time with a book or a movie over going to a party. Alongside being an introvert I am also pretty reserved as well, so no I don't consider myself an extrovert in any circumstances. Your brother probably just has a smaller preference for introversion, OR he could also be an outgoing introvert as they are not mutually exclusive.

I think your problem really comes down to defining introversion as being shy, which it doesn't have to. I have an introvert roommate who is quite enthusiastic and has lots of friends, but also needs alone time after a long day to recharge. I also know extroverts who are a little bit more laid-back and shy, but nonetheless still enjoy spending time with people. Hope that helps!

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have an ISFJ friend who feels like she HAS to go out with people and be more outgoing because she wants to fit in, so if her friends go dancing on a Saturday night, she'll go with them even though she doesn't like dancing. She seems outgoing but she's still an introvert, and I know that because she told me people drain her and after staying with them she needs to recharge.

The main difference between introverts and extroverts is where they get their energy from. Now, it would make sense if introverts (who get theirs by staying alone or with a close friend) spent more time on their own, and extroverts (who get theirs by surrounding themselves with people) spent more time interacting with others, but it's possible that an introvert who likes socializing or wants to fit in decides to adopt an extroverted lifestyle.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure my little brother is an ISFJ, but I'm not quite sure. He definitely gets drained when he's around people for too long, but he's so outgoing, friendly, lively, hilarious, etc. when he's around people he likes. He's a real performer and likes to get a rise out of everyone.

What do you think? Do you consider yourselves "extroverted" for introverts?

That sounds a lot like me. I do consider myself more extroverted than a lot of my introverted friends...but like you pointed out, it's only around people I know and like and am comfortable around.

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I will actively initiate. Love building relationships as and when I spot an opportunity and someone decent.