• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] For SJ's only, what are your favorite musicians, songs, and music genres?

BWCB1890

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I like Top 40, classical, gangsta rap, and movie music.

Favorite artists: Hans Zimmer; John Barry, Ramin Djawadi; David Schwartz; James Horner; Mac Miller; Lil Wayne; The Rolling Stones; Jack Jones; Katy Perry; Danny Elfman; John Williams; Kanye West; Jay Z; Klaus Badelt; Trevor Jones; Tom Jones

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So many genres.

Mostly these, but with some others that I can't think of at the moment:

Metallica-ish early metal
Melodic punk/hardcore
Modern progressive metal (NOT symphonic metal)
70's progressive rock
Grunge and "post-grunge"
Anthemic, Springsteen-ish rock
"Roots rock"
Blues rock
Folk rock
Modern bluegrass
Modern rockabilly/psychobilly
Zydeco and New Orleans jazz
Throwback-y modern soul
Whatever you'd call Joe Jackson and early Elvis Costello and "My Sharona" (new wave?)

What I've been listening to a lot recently: Queens of the Stone Age, Bob Mould, Jason Isbell, Led Zeppelin, Bleachers, The Grateful Dead

Favorite songs off the top of my head: "Elephant" by Jason Isbell, "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" by Pearl Jam, "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads, "You Again" by Cadillac Sky, "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I like the following genres:

-Funk
-Disco
-Anything with a groove
-Big Band
-A little bit of classic rock

Some of my favorite artists are:

Earth, Wind & Fire, Michael Jackson (and the Jackson 5), the O'Jays, The Commodores, Kool and the Gang, Stevie Wonder, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Billy Joel, Billy Preston, Beach Boys, James Brown, Al Green, Barry White, The Tavares, and Redbone.

I obsess over a song for about a week and then I move on to the next, all the while adding to my collection/playlist. These last few weeks the songs have been "Sing a Song" by EWF, "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" by Tavares, "Whodunit" by Tavares, "Used Ta Be My Girl" by The O'jays, and "If You Really Love Me" by Stevie Wonder.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can't limit myself to one genre or musician.

Pretty open minded to most music but RnB doesn't float my boat!!

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ummm, I suppose I listen to quite a bit of pop. But, most of it doesn't sound quite like what I imagine when I think of pop. I'll list some of my favorite artists. And when I say favorite, I mean I own and listen to at least one of their full albums on a fairly regular basis. I'm generally not one to buy a few of an artists most popular songs. That's what Spotify playlists are for.

Josh Garrels
Mumford and Sons
Kina Grannis
Ben Rector
Twenty One Pilots
Needtobreathe
Imagine Dragons
Bastille
Sarah Bareilles
Taylor Swift (regretfully, it's a guilty pleasure)
Anberlin
City and Colour
Florence + the Machine
Fleetwood Mac

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Anything with a bounce - electronic, metal, progressive, rock, hip hop, synth pop

Some favorites: Deadmau5, Dream Theater, Rush, Ellie Goulding, Weezer, Tupac, Nine Inch Nails, Joy Division

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think the genres will tell you much about SJs, although the bands/songs within a genre might.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pink Floyd/David Gilmour/Roger Waters
Rush
Talking Heads/David Byrne
Tom Waits
DLR-era Van Halen

"Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash
One of my cousins works at Folsom.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
My favourite genres are:

Funeral doom
Death doom
Black doom
Stoner doom
Sludge doom
Classic doom
Gothic doom
and many others

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My favourite genres are:

Funeral doom
Death doom
Black doom
Stoner doom
Sludge doom
Classic doom
Gothic doom
and many others

Sil

This is a test.
My tastes vary and are dependent more upon individual songs than genres.

I currently really like Byzantine music, traditional Mongolian music, and instrumental LoTR style sounds.

I also enjoy bands like Bastille, Clean Bandit, Morcheeba, Agnes Obel, First Aid Kit, Emancipator, Nujabes, and Gotan Project.

That's indie pop, indie, folk, some sort of techno, jazz-influenced hip hop, and Latin American music right there.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm always a slut for J-Pop.

Ayumi Hamasaki, Koda Kumi, Namie Amuro, Utada Hikaru, Nana Mizuki, Perfume, THE IDOLM@STER, μ's, arukara, KOKIA, alan, etc.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hole/ Courtney Love (ESTP or ESFP)
Nirvana (INFP)
Vanessa Carlton(INFP/J)
Sky Ferreira (IN/SFP)
Lana Del Rey (ISFP)
Tor Miller (xSFP) I really like the energy that grunge music releases. It gives off that angry vibe. I listen to all types of rock music and a bit of classical music as well.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Portishead. Deftones. Depeche Mode. the xx. Nine Inch Nails.

Are all ones I keep coming back to.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
And Massive Attack. can't forget massive attack.

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pop rock, soft rock
Selective indie, new age

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alternative rock mostly. There will always be some metal, or alternative pop music in my playlist though. Like the OP, I like soundtracks from films.

tripleX

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so
I like pop and alternative rock, but I usually don't think about genres when I listen to music.

Favorite musicians: David Bowie,Kate Bush,R.E.M.,Jeff Buckley,Stevie Wonder(especially '70s),Kendrick Lamar,Janelle Monae,Sky Ferreira,Elvis Costello,Echo and the Bunnymen,Tori Amos,Billy Joel,U2,Kanye West,Oasis,Wilco,Florence and the Machine,10,000 Maniacs,John Coltrane etc.

Favorite songs:"Moondance" by Van Morrison, "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck,"Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode,"No Diggity" by Blackstreet etc.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
iamx
tool and a perfect circle
deftones
i'd have to re-listen to muse to see if i still give a shit about them, but you really can't beat exogenesis

sometimes i listen to terrorcore, industrial, prog rock/metal, and like one symphony by shosty coz most symphonies are irritatingly boring
had a jrock and postrock phase, maybe one or two goth / ebm bands
........maaaaaaaaay have liked mcr once upon a time
but like i have a list of 'classics' i can always go back to and that list probably includes radiohead