• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] FINALLY got my mother to try MBTI

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Extroverted (E) 52.63% Introverted (I) 47.37%
Sensing (S) 60% Intuitive (N) 40%
Thinking (T) 51.35% Feeling (F) 48.65%
Judging (J) 52.63% Perceiving (P) 47.37%

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Individuality |||||| 30%
Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||| 50%
Type 6 Cautiousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

type score type behavior motivation
1 21 I must be perfect and good to survive.
6 20 I must be secure and safe to survive.
8 20 I must be strong and in control to survive.

Your main type is Type 1
Your variant stacking is sosxsp

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She seems to be mostly balanced except she is very S. I am just curious now how I can better get along with her and create harmony. Any suggestions, ESTJ 1w2 So/Sx?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have an ESTJ in the family as well. From my observations of this person, they have a very particular way of doing things and they like to do things their way. Let them take the lead; they usually know what they're doing.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She seems to be mostly balanced except she is very S. I am just curious now how I can better get along with her and create harmony. Any suggestions, ESTJ 1w2 So/Sx?
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any suggestions, ESTJ 1w2 So/Sx?
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

You rang? :smile:

Please point me in the direction of more information re: your mom and how the two of you interact -- then I can give better advice. (I remember that you'd talked about her on the forum but I don't remember where.

yeghor

Extroverted (E) 52.63% Introverted (I) 47.37%
Sensing (S) 60% Intuitive (N) 40%
Thinking (T) 51.35% Feeling (F) 48.65%
Judging (J) 52.63% Perceiving (P) 47.37%

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Type 1 Perfectionism||||||||||||||||70%
Type 2Helpfulness||||||||||||||56%
Type 3Image Awareness||||||||||||50%
Type 4Individuality||||||30%
Type 5Rationality||||||||||||50%
Type 6Cautiousness||||||||||||||||66%
Type 7Adventurousness||||||||||||46%
Type 8Aggressiveness||||||||||||||||66%
Type 9Calmness||||||||||||46%

typescoretype behavior motivation
121 I must be perfect and good to survive.
620 I must be secure and safe to survive.
820 I must be strong and in control to survive.

Your main type is Type 1
Your variant stacking is sosxsp
She might as well be an ENTJ based on this. They have very overbearing personalities and are preoccupied with being superior to others and may try to cull what they see as weaknesses in their children.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She might as well be an ENTJ based on this. They have very overbearing personalities and are preoccupied with being superior to others and may try to cull what they see as weaknesses in their children.

Sounds like her…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

You rang? :smile:

Please point me in the direction of more information re: your mom and how the two of you interact -- then I can give better advice. (I remember that you'd talked about her on the forum but I don't remember where.
Well, she likes everything very tidy, for starters, and she has a good business mind. Often times she will scold me for being either overly emotional or for not caring enough about this or that and how I'll never make it without her. She assumes that since my moral code is more streamlined, more lenient, and more progressive than hers, that I must be amoral. She will scold me for not being organized and not caring enough about my image (which I do care, just not much about being traditional). She was really pushing for me to become active in the the JW mind control group, which was the main way she was mentioned on this forum previously, but she has since eased off. I used to try to point out the goofy logical paradoxes and horrific ethical implications of religion in general, but especially that group, but that caused more chaos than it was worth. The goofy sensetard mistakes I make make her VERY angry, too. She generally gives good advice, and I generally follow her advice, unless it contridicts a strongly held value (I've trimmed back on those with age). She also gets mad when I "overthink" things yet still somehow don't "think it through." She also claims I don't see the big picture, though I obviously do. We are doing better overall in our relationship with her controlling her temper better and me doing more to serve her.

That's all I can think of.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm happy that my mum is very intuitive ESFJ. I think an ESTJ mum can only be my nurturer, not my confidant or best friend.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, she likes everything very tidy, for starters, and she has a good business mind. Often times she will scold me for being either overly emotional or for not caring enough about this or that and how I'll never make it without her. She assumes that since my moral code is more streamlined, more lenient, and more progressive than hers, that I must be amoral. She will scold me for not being organized and not caring enough about my image (which I do care, just not much about being traditional). She was really pushing for me to become active in the the JW mind control group, which was the main way she was mentioned on this forum previously, but she has since eased off. I used to try to point out the goofy logical paradoxes and horrific ethical implications of religion in general, but especially that group, but that caused more chaos than it was worth. The goofy sensetard mistakes I make make her VERY angry, too. She generally gives good advice, and I generally follow her advice, unless it contridicts a strongly held value (I've trimmed back on those with age). She also gets mad when I "overthink" things yet still somehow don't "think it through." She also claims I don't see the big picture, though I obviously do. We are doing better overall in our relationship with her controlling her temper better and me doing more to serve her.

That's all I can think of.
She sounds like the sort of person who would be equally critical of just about everyone, no matter how much they liked her or she liked them.

IME being of (apparently) the same type as her, the only way she'll leave you alone re: your beliefs is if either 1) she begins to respect your beliefs, or 2) she learns that there's no point in trying to convert you to the "right path", because you're unlikely to budge. And it sounds like she's well on her way to #2 already, which is good. As for the rest of her critical behaviors, she needs to change her standards, and realize what can be changed vs. what's an inherent part of your personality. Ideally, she also needs to see the strengths that correspond with your perceived weaknesses. I'm not sure how much of this is something you can help her with.

In you all's everyday life -- not in conversations about JW stuff or other serious ethical things -- how easy is she to reason with?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She sounds like the sort of person who would be equally critical of just about everyone, no matter how much they liked her or she liked them.

IME being of (apparently) the same type as her, the only way she'll leave you alone re: your beliefs is if either 1) she begins to respect your beliefs, or 2) she learns that there's no point in trying to convert you to the "right path", because you're unlikely to budge. And it sounds like she's well on her way to #2 already, which is good. As for the rest of her critical behaviors, she needs to change her standards, and realize what can be changed vs. what's an inherent part of your personality. Ideally, she also needs to see the strengths that correspond with your perceived weaknesses. I'm not sure how much of this is something you can help her with.

In you all's everyday life -- not in conversations about JW stuff or other serious ethical things -- how easy is she to reason with?

She is ok, she still will insist her way is the best way, and it would be stupid to do it any other way because her way works. I have seen her try new things and creatively problem solve, but only if her usual methods fail for some reason. I know that if she wants something, she gets it as a rule. Sometimes I can win her over on everyday things, but she usually either wins or digs in her heels because she is convinced her way is the best way.