• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] ESTJ vs ENTJ [Also posted on NT forum]

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm wondering what are the differances between ENTJ and ESTJ, as I'm trying to decide which one am I after I got ENTP out of my system. I'm debating with myself. So I wonder, how would you ESTJs would seperate yourselves from ENTJs?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What were the results to your Cognitive Functions Test again?

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I took it again, just to be sure;
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (80%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)

your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (70%)

your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (25%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

But those tests can get highly inaccurate and depends on my mood- I got other results yesterday.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
those tests can get highly inaccurate and depends on my mood- I got other results yesterday.

My results tend to be all over the place as well. Oddly, they usually point me toward INJ types. I don't read too much out of that.

Your results today suggest INTP

:shrug:

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My results tend to be all over the place as well. Oddly, they usually point me toward INJ types. I don't read too much out of that.

Your results today suggest INTP

:shrug:

Yeah, I know but I don't count on it too much; I'm really not INTP. It's just really weird and random.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
If you are fairly sure of being an extroverted thinking type (Te dominant), then check if you are stereotypically intuitive or not - a bit forgetful, sometimes clumsy, a bit tactless but with a spazzy feel.
ESTJs and ENTJs are fairly similar in their everyday behavior, but you won't normally see those absent-minded moments coming from ESTJs.

Bear in mind that this is a purely behavioral description aimed at determining your type. If you wish to understand what the deep differences between ESTJs and ENTJs are, well, I guess there's other posters better equipped to respond.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you are fairly sure of being an extroverted thinking type (Te dominant), then check if you are stereotypically intuitive or not - a bit forgetful, sometimes clumsy, a bit tactless but with a spazzy feel.
ESTJs and ENTJs are fairly similar in their everyday behavior, but you won't normally see those absent-minded moments coming from ESTJs.

Bear in mind that this is a purely behavioral description aimed at determining your type. If you wish to understand what the deep differences between ESTJs and ENTJs are, well, I guess there's others posters better equipped to respond.

Thank you very much! I can be a bit forgetful and clumsy at times, but never tactless. Hmm, I will think about it though.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not to quote myself... :laugh: but here are some relevant quotes I've posted on other threads:

(on why STJs aren't as detached as NTJs)

My theory is that it's because STJs often find themselves more invested in the details of things than NTJs do. I've seen the Ni vs. Si difference with regard to those two sets of types as a matter of strategy vs. tactics. STJs, considering their natural tactical abilities, find themselves much more involved in details, on the ground level. NTJs, on the other hand, handle the general strategy, without needing to get quite so immersed in the entire enterprise. Both STJs and NTJs are frustrated by things being done wrong, and may be offended by things being done wrong, but when STJs are so much more invested in the details, they naturally see a lot more that's wrong with everything on a daily basis, and are required, in a sense, to invest themselves in it -- with that investment being, among other things, an emotional one. So if ESTJs have more of a reputation for this sort of hair-trigger offendedness than their introverted cousins, it's because being Te-dominant makes them more likely to barge into things and try to fix them when they're broken -- meaning, even more situations come up on a regular basis that would make them invested in issues, emotionally tied to their inevitable success or failure, etc.

(on NJs vs. SJs and how Si manifests)

I don't know about other ESTJs -- let me know your thoughts, SD45T-2 -- but I tend to not be very good at foreseeing a wide variety of possible outcomes. I'm great at predicting the most likely two or three possible scenarios, but beyond that, not so much.

Which naturally leads to some elaboration: It's a lot more about Si, than it is about Ne, in long term planning scenarios. We're more about hard data, than inference and abstraction, so the farther ahead you get, the less comfortable we are with making predictions. Meaning, if you made us do it, we wouldn't likely be very good at it, because we haven't had a lot of practice, because we avoid practicing that particular skill (which I guess would be Ne-based, in our case). So, for long-term planning, we can make very general predictions based on our Si data (e.g. "In 10 years, I'll likely be in a well-paying job with potential for upward mobility, and will likely have either a long-term boyfriend or a husband, because those seem like reasonable and statistically likely outcomes") -- but getting more specific means having even MORE possible outcomes. Not so much fun!