• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do Guardians have tattoos?

yeghor

I had 3 tattoos done when I was 38, one on both deltoid, and one on upper back just below the neck, not visible under clothing.

All are symbol-type, palm-sized tattos in black.

I saw it as an achievement that I should have under my belt, and hoped they would make me more confident or courageous.

In MBTI terms it was an attempt to emulate Se. A colleague coined my attemps to develop myself in the other direction as mid-life crisis.

EDIT: I am an NJ though, I thought the thread was referring to all Js.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tattoos are way more cultural than personality based.

I have two amazing tattoos: a black widow on my front shoulder and an elaborate raven on the opposite back shoulder. They hold deep meaning for me and are works of art - particularly the raven. I chose a really artistically skilled tattoo artist.

The black widow tattoo is in the exact spot i was bitten the year previously and it is an expression of inner strength. I didn't kill that spider because she looked afraid. She was terrified, ran across the floor and tried to hide under the leg of a bench by pulling her little legs in as tight as possible. I scooped her up in a cup and put her outside. I had the most excruciating pain all weekend, and I was struck that something so small and vulnerable could have such an impact. I want to be like her.

The raven is also an identity based entity and something imagine myself into.

Tha Lassa

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Well, I'm ISTJ and don't want tattoos purely for the permanence (what a huge commitment), otherwise I bet I might like to... mainly if they're aesthetic. I figure I will miss seeing my skin where the tattoo is -- I was the same to a much sser extent with hair dye and getting hair cuts.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
yes tbh it seems like they are pretty non type related- unless you have a bunch of them and then it feels like a Pe thing

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm still waiting for them to invent ink that disappears in a few years or something

PrettiesForYou

MBTI Type
INTP
My ISFJ wife has a few, around half of them were for aesthetic reasons. I would imagine ISFJs to be more likely to have them as they are traditional in almost every ethnicity and the only ones I can think of where it isn't, scarification is instead.

Now tongue splitting, that's something I'd be impressed to see an ISFJ do

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My ESFJ stepmom has a Tweety bird, she wanted a black willow spider when she was young but the artist talked her out of it. She says she wish she better researched her artist since her Tweety isn't very Tweety looking. She passed that advice along to me, albeit I am not an SJ(INFP), but I can see it being sound Si advice. I got a Dreepy from Pokemon, and I think I do have a Ne-ish approach to tattoos, I'm pretty scattered with the choices I have in mind and I've seriously thought about doing the vending machine. I also let an apprentice do me but that might be more my 9 haha. You're learning, I'm learning. After the Dreepy I have some pretty specific ideas in mind:

-Tecna's Enchantix wings from Winx Club
-Punky Brewster's sun clips
-A sunflower with a long vine
-Some design that comes from my own imagination
-Greavard or Sinistea from Pokemon

But I don't think tats are that type related. I COULD see Si being wary of tattoos cause of the permanence, but that's not going to apply to all Si heavies. I could see Ne heavies being fearful of permanence, too. They could be wary of the feeling, but I think that'd apply to any type really. I do have a value of experiences and that's partially why I got a tat; now that I can see being from Pe aux.

Also, apparently if my step grandpa sees a heavily tattooed person or pierced person at a convenience store, he'll walk away, he won't let them serve him(my sis has a tattoo of a poppy and he doesn't mind that though). I think he could be an ISTJ 953 of sorts- he grew up Seventh Day Adventist though.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No. It just seems pointless to me. :shrug: