• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFJs, what do you think of INTPs?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haha, @ underlined. uhm, it does sound like Stockholm Syndrome.

Sounds like ESFJ talk. Incidentally, I'm inclined to agree. I no longer consider personal sacrifice to be a "price of admission" for a relationship. This doesn't mean that I will not do anything selfless, it just means that I have boundaries now.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I learned that lesson too many times :)

Although it's less like an upfront cost when making a purchase and more like a series of hidden taxes and fees that wear you down over time until you're in the bathroom crying at 3am because that's the only chance you get to show actual feelings.

Cygnus

From what I've heard, the only reason INTPs and ESFJs would have to hate each other is when the ESFJ tries to organize everybody and the INTP starts feeling controlled. INTPs can also be kinda controlling too, sorta, but not usually and not a lot in my experience. Also, most ESFJs are your average "I'm such a cool girl" type of person, more likely to be a follower than a leader, and when you get to that point the ESFJs' and INTPs' paths don't cross at all. That's why stories of INTP-ESFJ interactions are so resoundingly negative imho. They just don't come into the same vicinity unless one of them is clearly sick in the head, and if an INTP is sick, it just runs away. An unhealthy ESFJ controls everyone, including the INTPs.

There's also the risk of a "Spongebobby" ESFJ annoying an INTP, but it's hard not to annoy INTPs. But they're good sports and they make an effort to hide their irritation.

Also I'm not ESFJ. Just posting my observations.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So, I kind of disagree with most of your post... Sorry. I have a really good friend who's an INTP, and have interacted with others very successfully over the years.

From what I've heard, the only reason INTPs and ESFJs would have to hate each other is when the ESFJ tries to organize everybody and the INTP starts feeling controlled.

This, I actually agree with. Even little things like "You should listen to this band" result in a half joking "Don't tell me what to do!" from my INTP friend.

Also, most ESFJs are your average "I'm such a cool girl" type of person, more likely to be a follower than a leader, and when you get to that point the ESFJs' and INTPs' paths don't cross at all.

Mmmm, unless I am a significant outlier among ESFJs (which I don't think I am) this is not true. I am very much a leader, and most definitely not cool.

They just don't come into the same vicinity unless one of them is clearly sick in the head, and if an INTP is sick, it just runs away. An unhealthy ESFJ controls everyone, including the INTPs.

I came into contact with my INTP friend because we lived in the same dorm and are both studying psychology. :shrug: I don't think that makes either of us sick in the head or unhealthy. We continued hanging out because we have common interests and similar senses of humor.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From what I've heard, the only reason INTPs and ESFJs would have to hate each other is when the ESFJ tries to organize everybody and the INTP starts feeling controlled. INTPs can also be kinda controlling too, sorta, but not usually and not a lot in my experience. Also, most ESFJs are your average "I'm such a cool girl" type of person, more likely to be a follower than a leader, and when you get to that point the ESFJs' and INTPs' paths don't cross at all. That's why stories of INTP-ESFJ interactions are so resoundingly negative imho. They just don't come into the same vicinity unless one of them is clearly sick in the head, and if an INTP is sick, it just runs away. An unhealthy ESFJ controls everyone, including the INTPs.

There's also the risk of a "Spongebobby" ESFJ annoying an INTP, but it's hard not to annoy INTPs. But they're good sports and they make an effort to hide their irritation.

Also I'm not ESFJ. Just posting my observations.

J6UjfSH.gif

Attachments

• J6UjfSH.gif
    J6UjfSH.gif
    2 MB · Views: 1