• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] Ask an ESFJ

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what do you think of being petted?

context: i was petting my friend, and she was all like why are you petting me? and i was like because i like you as a human. shes like but its a strange thing to do. and I was like i see nothing wrong with it. and i don't because i pet cats and dogs and they enjoy it, so what makes humans think they're too good to be petted complimnetary?

i ask you because ESFJs i feel would be the most normal type when it comes to rules on this.

DreamBeliever

I feel like trying out the ESFJ title for awhile. Would anyone here mind then if I answer some questions that have been asked in this thread? :)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
What is being an Fe dom all about? Do you feel the constant need to be socially on? Does it even feel like a need to you or is it just so easy, a natural state of mind, that you just naturally make those connections?

Do you get along better with some types than others? Any types you don't get along with-don't like? How do you determine this, do you broadbrush everyone with the same communication style and then see who sticks on naturally, or do you try to naturally shift methods to deal with different individuals. Fe, in the dominant position... Can't really decide if it would be flexible. Maybe to an extent, unless something really upsets it?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My experience with ESFJs has been that they are very logical and cool-headed -- more so than most other Feelers I've encountered. Do you self-identify that way? As a "voice of reason" for people who need one? Is my experience representative of ESFJs overall?

á´…eparted

passages
My experience with ESFJs has been that they are very logical and cool-headed -- more so than most other Feelers I've encountered. Do you self-identify that way? As a "voice of reason" for people who need one? Is my experience representative of ESFJs overall?

I've definitely noticed this as well. I've mistook people for other types before, when they were really ESFJ's for this very reason. Fe is a surprisingly rational function. That said, not everyone sees it as rational in practice. In a strange way it's controversial in regards to its rationality. ESFJ's have the luxury of appearing the "most" rational in regards to its use though, since it's pairing with Si makes it outwardly more relateable and visible.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
what do you think of being petted?

context: i was petting my friend, and she was all like why are you petting me? and i was like because i like you as a human. shes like but its a strange thing to do. and I was like i see nothing wrong with it. and i don't because i pet cats and dogs and they enjoy it, so what makes humans think they're too good to be petted complimnetary?

i ask you because ESFJs i feel would be the most normal type when it comes to rules on this.

:laugh: Context is so important here. I like it when people play with my hair. When I say people, I mean my mom and one or two close friends who are super touchy/physically affectionate. I kind of mentally categorize it with having my back/shoulders rubbed. If someone who was more of an acquaintance or a stranger started doing it I would be uncomfortable.

Definitely. I always end up getting appointed the mom/leader/practical problem solver in group settings.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:laugh: Context is so important here. I like it when people play with my hair. When I say people, I mean my mom and one or two close friends who are super touchy/physically affectionate. I kind of mentally categorize it with having my back/shoulders rubbed. If someone who was more of an acquaintance or a stranger started doing it I would be uncomfortable.

like a cat?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Mmm, probably more like a dog. If I were a domesticated animal I would be a Labradoodle.

i dunno that does seem very esfj dog to me so i guess you are allowed. to the transmorgaphier!!

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Yea I think I'm more rational than most people most of the time. There are lots of times when this fails, like if I have to make an impersonal decision or change something I've done for a long time I can be really unreasonable.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I see that Showbread is a type 3. How do type 3 act when they're unhealthy?

DreamBeliever

Do you think it's possible for an ESFJ to have their Ne function as developed as their Si function? Just curious.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you think it's possible for an ESFJ to have their Ne function as developed as their Si function? Just curious.

sure why not :wink:

It still seems to fall behind Si in the priority list no matter what, aptitude isn't the same as preference.

Beshr Al Bakri

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Do you need continous thanks for the service that you do with your friends to have self satisfaction? Or you feel it useless once we thank you many times?

Thanks

CarolineForbes

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've seen a few people post such a thread as this, and thought I would give it a try. Since I am hearing that ESFJ's are underrepresented in this forum, I figured this would be a good opportunity to offer everyone a chance to learn more about an ESFJ if they are so inclined.

So ask away! ;) ;)