• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are SJ's more normal or less unique than the rest of the types?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm quite unique. My personality, my interests, etc. Perhaps downright strange sometimes.

I'm more fond of the word, "simple". Not as a bad trait, but a positive one. I don't have grandiose or lofty desires. I don't need a great deal in this life to make me happy. I'm a personal with simple needs and simple goals.

I think a lot of SJs would identify with that feeling.
I've thought this as well. Like, they don't make things more complicated than they need to be- in their psychology, desires, activities, thoughts, etc. I'm glad you agree; I didn't want that to sound insulting.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think I'm quite unique. My personality, my interests, etc. Perhaps downright strange sometimes.

I'm more fond of the word, "simple". Not as a bad trait, but a positive one. I don't have grandiose or lofty desires. I don't need a great deal in this life to make me happy. I'm a personal with simple needs and simple goals.

I think a lot of SJs would identify with that feeling.

I like this and I agree. When I was younger I used to say this a lot about my ambitions and desires.

People forget that complex does not in any sense necessitate useful, accurate or...to put an even more personal subjective spin on this: good.

One of the issues I sometimes have with this forum is that there is an air of over complication for the sake of over complication. Of course people make something as complicated as they wish and I'll admit I am not innocent in this. Others would say that this is merely a byproduct of in-depth reasoning.

But maybe I am at odds with that as I experience information as free flowing rather than reasoning, from this another person might extrapolate that I enjoy irrationality and forgo critical thinking or analysis. Not necessarily.

That's my issue though, I don't feel free to explain something as I sincerely understand it, in simplicity and obviousness, without someone taking it somewhere else other than I intended, at which point explanation becomes a dead horse long before the beating has even begun.