• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] An ES living in an IN world...

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My roommates/friends and I went a little MBTI crazy lately. And I have come to the discover that all, pretty much literally ALL of my closest friends over the course of my life have been INs, a significant number of them also being Ps. Technically I am an ExFJ, but most people that know me find that I lean more on the S side. But, moving on... I find it fascinating that I am so drawn to INs! Can any others relate?

Standuble

I am an IN and I think I repulse ES types in different ways. I think a work colleague I get on good with is an ESFP (she could also be an ISFP) but if she is an ES she is the sole exception. There certainly aren't any others.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can relate for sure. Being able to rely on someone for their insight is valuable to me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im the only extravert in a group of introverts, both sensor and intuitive...:unsure:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
No. Unfortunately I can't relate. But only because no group is a representation of my world.

I find myself out of sorts regardless of the environment. But I suppose that is something that afflicts most humans to some degree.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Back when I played soccer in high school, I lived in SP/STJ world, and it worked for a while, but then I just became an alien freakazoid and a solitary madman!

Standuble

Back when I played soccer in high school, I lived in SP/STJ world, and it worked for a while, but then I just became an alien freakazoid and a lonerly madman!

Hmm, you speak as if it was an evolution aka once normal and now weird but I would think an INTJ would be alien freakazoid from day one. Perhaps your ISTP typing was correct? Or perhaps not.

You could try returning to soccer and see if you can find symbolism or abstract concepts in kicking a ball around. I think its a perfect metaphor for fatalism - if you finally manage to reach the goal enough times you win...only to find it was a temporary victory and the struggle begins anew. Or treat it like a metaphor for the nuclear fission process.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, you speak as if it was an evolution aka once normal and now weird but I would think an INTJ would be alien freakazoid from day one. Perhaps your ISTP typing was correct? Or perhaps not.

That's the Ti-Ni loop theory.

You could try returning to soccer and see if you can find symbolism or abstract concepts in kicking a ball around. I think its a perfect metaphor for fatalism - if you finally manage to reach the goal enough times you win...only to find it was a temporary victory and the struggle begins anew. Or treat it like a metaphor for the nuclear fission process.

It would be way too much work to play again - all the funny kids from that game are out of it now or in college playing, and rec-adult league would suck - I haven't played for real for 2 years now, and seriously for real for 4 years now!

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My best friend is ESFJ, my boyfriend is an ENFJ, my other two significant relationships were with an ESTJ and and ESFP. I tend to gravitate towards people different in type from me.

MALFORT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
News for you: statistically, this is an ES world.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Functionally, this is an ES world.

And the world is really fucked up.

Do the math.

Clearly ESes are well suited for dealing with such a fucked up world.

Capsaicin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I know, right? The E/S folks fucked everything up, and the I/N folks all stood on the sidelines and tried to warn them, definitely in no way involved themselves.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my case I feel more like INs are drawn to me. But I don't mind, I think all types are cool :)

Standuble

I know, right? The E/S folks fucked everything up, and the I/N folks all stood on the sidelines and tried to warn them, definitely in no way involved themselves.

I think it was both IN and EN types that tried to warn them. IS types just followed the ES types like sheep and had no real position in changing anything.

W

WALMART

I think it was both IN and EN types that tried to warn them. IS types just followed the ES types like sheep and had no real position in changing anything.

lol, if you don't think that it's been a wolf pack of intuitors wreaking havok on society since social inception...

Yeah, I don't disagree Se types have been the most commonly exploited, squarely because their largest drive in life being that of a good or indifferent meal.

Standuble

lol, if you don't think that it's been a wolf pack of intuitors wreaking havok on society since social inception...

Congratulations. That was a joke post and you have just become the most predictable poster on this thread.

Of course they have. But an idea is only as destructive as the circumstances of its implementation (is that right people? I'm using brain-frazzled 2300 hour intuition at the moment) and a tool also has the inherent capacity to be a weapon in virtually all if not all circumstances. The only measure between tool and weapon is intent. I would say intuitors are good at creating "good ideas gone wrong" where their theory or invention finds an alternate, distasteful application removed from what they initially desired it to be.

If the above post makes no sense or bears no relevance then I apologise. I'll come back and fix it in the morning.