• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESTJ and ESFJ Characters

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:yes: !!!! So true that it's fucking hilarious. [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION] introduced me to him; I relate to him a lot, esp. in the scene when he has to be convinced that hobbies don't require a practical purpose. :doh:

He's basically a parody of an ESTJ :laugh: I miss that guy; if they didn't charm you with his character they showed you how surprisingly ripped he was in the sauna scene. And of course he ends up becoming bros with the gang leader... HAHA

Ain't that the truth! :dont: I tend to relate to ISTJs more than ESTJs, because they're usually portrayed as being more complex, more intelligent, and more sympathetic. The characters I relate to most in the media, at the moment -- including Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series) and Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) -- are either on the I/E border or the N/S border or both.

I could say the same thing about INFPs. A few that come to mind are June from 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Lexie from Grey's Anatomy. I thought a good representation of an ENFP in fiction was Izzie from Grey's. Usually I see ENFPs portrayed as the lighter and flighty type. Although I'm definitely flighty, I feel like there's so much more to ENFPs than that. I appreciated that Izzie captured the more sensitive, idealistic, dramatic side of the ENFP. ;)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My avatar prompted me to post EVE (from WALL-E) as an ESTJ. Or maybe the typing prompted me to change my avatar?

Either way... She rules. :yes:
Yes, she could be. I haven't seen the film in ages but from memory she would fit.

I probably didn't identify with him because I didn't like him all that much. :shrug: Happens to me with almost every unsympathetic ESTJ character. But then again, I tend not to identify with villains.* (I wonder if that's typical of ESTJs? I know INTJs tend to identify with characters regardless of where they stand morally.)

*Inspector Javert (ISTJ 1w2) is the only exception I can think of, to that rule. But that's primarily because of his redemptive and tragic end.
Yeah, the ESTJs fit an unfortunate stereotype that is very common in fiction. I though Gale was a good one to include though, because he's not a stereotype. Yeah, he rubs some people the wrong way, but in reality he's not classified as a negative character; he's a good character that takes a wrong turn. I got the impression at the end that he learns from it, though.

Trust me, xNTJs have it worse. In trying to make my list of fictional characters, it's hard to find many xNTJs that aren't evil, let alone ones that are vaguely heroic. It's kinda depressing. One of the reasons I made the list was so I could get examples of each type that help me better understand them - I prefer to not find reasons to be prejudiced against a type. :mellow:

Maybe you identify more based on ideals because you're a e1? Where they're coming from might be more important to you than simply the characteristics. Anyway, I think Catelyn and Robb Stark are freaking incredible (especially her); Mr. Knightley is honorable, charming and dead sexy; and Mattie Ross' guts, independence, intelligence and bad-ass come backs are pretty awe inspiring. I totally relate to, and admire, all of them.

Damn, I really haven't read those books in a long time. :doh: I have a vague memory of the Alice of the films -- cartoon and Tim Burton live-action -- being a bit more of a dreamer (maybe INFP), but she could easily be some kind of SJ if what you're saying is accurate.
I was thinking of the book, and in part of the Disney, animated film. The Tim Burton adaptation of any book is not the primary depiction I would go on for any character. I used to like Tim Burton, but I've never forgiven him for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. That was like taking a piece of my childhood and stamping on it repeatedly until it is mutilated beyond all recognition. :dont:

Your post also made me realize that I've somehow gotten accustomed to not viewing the "straight men" of books and films and TV as actually having a type. Which is part of why I had such a hard time typing Riker. I used to view that straight-laced aspect of Alice as a product of 1) the time/place in which she lived, and 2) the fact that a magical wonderland becomes more magical when it's constantly being compared to what's "normal".
Even the straight man serves a purpose. You are right about the impression she gives, but she is more stubborn, irritable and priggish than a blank character (and that's not something that can be attributed to the period either). She makes her mark on the story, rather than simply being someone to bounce the nonsense off.

Anyway, I studied English, Film and Media at Uni. I pay more attention to this crap. :newwink:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to like Tim Burton, but I've never forgiven him for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. That was like taking a piece of my childhood and stamping on it repeatedly until it is mutilated beyond all recognition. :dont:

That movie was a disaster. I wonder if the original version had any ESJs in it though. :thinking: Veruca, maybe? I haven't looked at the characters in a long time.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
ESFJ - William Riker from Star Trek (character and actor imo). Sry [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] He's characteristically ESFJ pompous and pretentious.

I didn't know that was normal, I'll have to go read up on it. Wait here it is "Gift's Differing - Chapter 15 Pompous and Pretentious ESFJ's".

Wow you were right.

ps: I understand the deliberate irony in my pompous reply.

Y
Trust me, xNTJs have it worse. In trying to make my list of fictional characters, it's hard to find many xNTJs that aren't evil, let alone ones that are vaguely heroic. It's kinda depressing. One of the reasons I made the list was so I could get examples of each type that help me better understand them - I prefer to not find reasons to be prejudiced against a type. :mellow:

Paul Atredies from Dune perhaps? I see him as INTJ.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ESFJ:

Bruce Campbell (Army of darkness)
Robin Williams
Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent, Batman: The Dark Knight)

ESTJ:
Arnold Schwarzenegger

um... that's all I can come up with for now.