• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] A question for SJs regarding romantic compatibility

Eighty HD

MBTI Type
ExTP
So, personalitypage.com suggests ISTJs and ISFJs as two of my more compatible matches. The site gives only two options for each type and seems to follow a strict formula. Those two factors imply, at least to me, that inaccuracy should be expected. I have a feeling that some types have more compatible matches, operating on a scale, than others do. Still, i'm pretty confident that I've never dated one. INTJs and INFJs, sure, but not ISTJs nor ISFJs.
With all that said, are any of you attracted to ESTPs?

Now, to be certain, I'm not sure if I am ESTP or ExTP. It may be a matter of intelligence affecting the results, because I relate with the ESTP results about 90% except when it describes how they(we?) feel about theory. Whereas I relate with the ENTP results about %75.

Either way, whatever applies to you, please share. Are you attracted? Why? Any obstacles severe enough to be considered 'deal-breakers'?
And more importantly, how can I identify you as an ISTJ and/or ISFJ. I won't lie to you, i'm looking for tips on how to hit on one. ;)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With all that said, are any of you attracted to ESTPs?

Only, like, extremely!!

You guys are the type above types that I am pulled toward :) :wubbie:

Either way, whatever applies to you, please share. Are you attracted? Why? Any obstacles severe enough to be considered 'deal-breakers'?[

To answer these in order:

1) Yup!
2) I thinks because a) we're both sensors so we both communicate with each on the same wavelength and b) because ESTPs are often very driven, energetic types who know what they want and go after it like sharks. They're not afraid to carry a conversation or take charge and *ALL* of those qualities make me being around them incredibly easy. I don't have to work nearly so hard when I'm with them.
3) With the type? The only ESTPs I would have a really hard time with are the ones who don't know what it is they really want. The problem with them is the likelihood that they'll drag me along whatever hayride they're on until they get their shit together. This happened with my ESTP former roommate and dance partner.

And more importantly, how can I identify you as an ISTJ and/or ISFJ. I won't lie to you, i'm looking for tips on how to hit on one. ;)

Mind you, I'm about to make a blanket generalization but: We're the quiet ones sternly going about our business. I can't speak for the ISxJ women but the males are the workaholic types I'd imagine.

As far as hitting on me? Show up ;)

Seriously, ESTPs seem to grab me like a lighting rod. Go out of your way to talk to me and it won't take me long to respond to your energy. If you're interested in me, seriously, just say so. Your directness might stun me a bit simply because I'm not used to that sort of thing but I'm into you too I'll respond. I may be a little timid so you might want to watch how strongly you come on to me so keep at it and sooner or later you won't be able to get rid of us ;)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, sure. :)

tanstaafl28

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so
I am an ENTP whose been married to an ISTJ for 14 years (together for 17). It can be quite a challenge at times because our communication styles are nearly the opposite of one another (not to mention, her inferior function is my dominant, and vice-versa). We didn't know about our MBTI differences until quite recently, and it has helped us to recognize our differing styles, how they can clash as well as how they can compliment one another. I always say that people are more than just their types. If you base your relationships based solely on type, you are doing yourself and others a grave disservice.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find a lot of ESTPs charismatic, and they're often great fun. One of my favorite types, I have a long-lasting bromance with them. :laugh: In terms of attraction, I don't think I've ever run into it, but as we have such great natural vibe as friends, maybe it could work as lovers, too.

Sometimes ESTPs can be jerks very openly and callously; those are the kind I put a lot of distance between. Don't want to be around that. Also, it took me a long time to cope with the way my ESTP friend jerked attention away from one thing to another so quickly. ISTJs and ISFJs might not have patience for that, it depends if they can bother to put themselves in your shoes. At this point, I just think it's kind of a humorous quirk of his.

But generally, the way they're so good at having something to say or something to do when I'm clueless as to what comes next, and the way they're naturally good at lightening the mood, should lend well to flirting. :nice: