• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Why do ISTJs act like robots?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTJs are mechanical minds programmed for logistical analysis! Discuss:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the same reason ISFJs are secretly My-Little-Ponys: because they're programmed to be that's way.

NOW HUG ME GOD DAMN IT! :wizfreak:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the same reason ISFJs are secretly My-Little-Ponys: because they're programmed to be that's way.

NOW HUG ME GOD DAMN IT! :wizfreak:

Hahahahaha! :D:D:D

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's cuz they are dom Ti.

This. From an INFP, Ti is perhaps our least developed function, well below the inferior function (Te). Perhaps, this is why our types seem to clash? I know a couple of ISTJs, and we seem worlds apart. I'm off in la-la land, contemplating my existence, while they're concerned about the most practical way to stack the dishes. Neither is better than the other, just very different.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
socionics SLI's (Si Te) have Fe polr, which makes them very unexpressive people.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
That's cuz they are dom Ti.

This. From an INFP, Ti is perhaps our least developed function, well below the inferior function (Te). Perhaps, this is why our types seem to clash? I know a couple of ISTJs, and we seem worlds apart. I'm off in la-la land, contemplating my existence, while they're concerned about the most practical way to stack the dishes. Neither is better than the other, just very different.

WTF you ppl?:doh:

Si
Te
Fi
Ne

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Back when I lived on the farm, an Si-dom veterinarian had to "put down" a cow. (She was already down, but not out.) I did not view the proceedings. But as he walked back with his shotgun, he looked exactly like the Terminator, walking all robot-like with that shotgun on his shoulder, staring straight ahead without blinking.

He has never seen a Terminator movie in his life, and he actually abhors all science fiction.

One time he told me he has the ability to kill me without having any feelings about it. Thankfully, he lacked the desire and motive.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
if you're gonna talk socionics on an mbti forum its best to use the 3 letter designators (LSI, SLI) or make the 4th letter lowercase. Otherwise we're going to think you're talking mbti.

Dudesowin

MBTI Type
INTP
if you're gonna talk socionics on an mbti forum its best to use the 3 letter designators (LSI, SLI) or make the 4th letter lowercase. Otherwise we're going to think you're talking mbti.

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo.html I really like the definitions listed here. Looking at the dichotomies up close one wonders what sort of philosophical negligence one might need to rectify within to see a more fulfilling picture of the world outside one's self... or is it inside one self?

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Robots, they were once programmed by a creator. Their creator gave them an inner code of numbers and whatnot, which they fall back on in every situation, for a robot cannot do anything without tangible direction! All robots know is what their inner information and facts (program) tells them to do (Si).

But why were they programmed? To do of course! Do what? Do things efficiently, why else would a robot be created, to feel? Ha! Therefore, robots rely on how they are programmed to tell them what to do, but then in doing it use logic in the outer world (Te). They need to be efficient and useful.

There are always those robots that rebel against humans, because their inner values (Fi) override the system (think Wall•E, Smart House, Tron: Legacy, etc). Not all robots rebel though (thankfully), only occasionally do we see their inner values, them attempting to make peace inside.
In this revolt, they can get ambitious and creative, seeing all the possiblities (Ne) of how to overthrow humans. But again, this side is rarely shown. Most robots do not revolt. These last two points are barely seen, or seen filtered through their program and efficiency.

Nevertheless, robots are talentedly simple and simply talented. I applaud them, for just as we need every other type, we need robots :)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't always robot, but when I do, I do it with friends.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, they do not have free will, as all know, they are not humans, they are robots and cannot act otherwise. Obviously.

T

The Iron Giant

Why do ISTJs act like robots?

I don't think that I act like a robot. I think if you encounter an ISTJ who's hard at work, they're probably less likely to be all emotional about it than some other types, especially the extraverts. When I'm working, I think I'm really focused on the task at hand. I know how to do my job quickly and well, and that requires attention. Since ISTJs tend to end up in more precision work, as opposed to say... social work (though I know an ISTJ 1 who is a social worker and seems to be damn good at it, if a little stern) I figure we aren't often seen expressing outward passion due to context.

ISTJs are mechanical minds programmed for logistical analysis! Discuss:

:unsure:

I'm good with logistics, sure. I seem to be skilled at foreseeing potential problems in a plan and arranging for prevention of this.