• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Ne makes SJs happy

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Although I engage my Ni much more often and score much higher in Ni on CF tests, Ne is what really makes me happy. I just suck at it.

Who's with me?! :)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ne makes me goofy and silly. Si is what makes me happy and peaceful :)

/buzzkill

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes, when I engage in Si, like thinking of pleasant memories, I also feel contented and peaceful. I mean, there's a wistfulness to those memories, but it's a wistfulness without a sense of sorrow or loss, just happiness,. And Ne also makes me goofy and silly. Maybe that's just the "energy" of the functions.

Hmmm....

Walrus+Face.jpg

Troll+-+Mushroom.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Although I engage my Ni much more often and score much higher in Ni on CF tests, Ne is what really makes me happy. I just suck at it.

I'm sort of with you, in any case I tend to score Ni and then Ne the highest. Even over Si....:doh:

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ne equates to temporary, escapist-y type stress-relief for me, in my mind. Somehow. It's happy-inducing, but short-lived, and I sometimes regret it afterward. Maybe in this way, it's sort of like the inferior Se overindulgence in sensory activities seen in stressed out INxJs. I don't know. It's a characteristically different kind of "happy" than my comfortable, usual happy I feel when I'm doing something that draws on certain strengths I have as afforded to me due at least in part to my being an Si-dom.

(Also, Ne-doms in proximity to me [and my Fe-ness] can have that same effect on me. :) ENxPs always seem to know exactly what to do and say to make me feel good when I am stressed [at least for a little while, before it becomes annoying :D] I don't know if it's incidental or purposeful; on account of [the interaction between our respective] functional preferences, non-function-related peopley factors, both, neither, or something else entirely. But whatever the case may be, I can love me some Ne, and [usually] those who live and thrive in it.)

And now I want to give smothery Fe :hug:'s to all the Ne-doms.

:wubbie:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, so how did you SJ's respond to my use of Ne in this thread? And are you irritated by me performing an experiment on to satisfy my own curiosity? (If so, I must apologize.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The walrus and the stupid mushroom wizard from Troll.

Those were examples of me displaying Ne in this thread, were they not?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, so how did you SJ's respond to my use of Ne in this thread? And are you irritated by me performing an experiment on to satisfy my own curiosity? (If so, I must apologize.)

Made me laugh, personally

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

From my experience, most Si doms dislike Ne, but many Si aux's are okay with Ne.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Made me laugh, personally

Awesome.

SEE? SJs and NTs can get along!

The more I study about functions and typology in depth, the more convinced I am that S hatred is the hallmark of people who don't actually know anything about typology and what it means.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The walrus and the stupid mushroom wizard from Troll.

Those were examples of me displaying Ne in this thread, were they not?

Ok, so how did you SJ's respond to my use of Ne in this thread?

:huh:

The ":huh:" isn't in direct response to your "use of Ne," but my confusion about what the hell posting pictures of a walrus and a troll (or the walrus and the troll themselves [?], or the fact that you chose to post pictures of those or any things at all [?]) have to do with Ne--nevermind how it's "displaying" it? How is it even possible to display a cognitive function? What am I misunderstanding?

And are you irritated by me performing an experiment on to satisfy my own curiosity? (If so, I must apologize.)

Uh. Possibly? What is this experiment?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh:

The ":huh:" isn't in direct response to your "use of Ne," but my confusion about what the hell posting pictures of a walrus and a troll (or the walrus and the troll themselves [?], or the fact that you chose to post pictures of those or any things at all [?]) have to do with Ne--nevermind how it's "displaying" it? How is it even possible to display a cognitive function? I don't get it.

Uh. Possibly? What is this experiment?

I wanted to see how SJ's react to my random-ass Ne humor.(Although, granted, I can do better than a walrus and mushrooom troll picture) It's Ne humor, because it involves putting things in that are deliberately out of context. I suppose a good way of explaining Ne humor is that a Ne user looks at the pattern (or lack thereof) itself as funny. Perhaps there's also a bit of a gestalt mechanism involved of filling in the blanks, as well. But largely I think that we like that kind of humor because it's so unexpected and out of left field.

Also, the act of performing an experiment like that is itself kind of Ne. It's altering one aspect of the dynamic of a situation just for seeing what emerges, which is another definition/use of Ne I've come across.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wanted to see how SJ's react to my random-ass Ne humor.(Although, granted, I can do better than a walrus and mushrooom troll picture) It's Ne humor, because it involves putting things in that are deliberately out of context. I suppose a good way of explaining Ne humor is that a Ne user looks at the pattern (or lack thereof) itself as funny. Perhaps there's also a bit of a gestalt mechanism involved of filling in the blanks, as well. But largely I think that we like that kind of humor because it's so unexpected and out of left field.

Also, the act of performing an experiment like that is itself kind of Ne. It's altering one aspect of the dynamic of a situation just for seeing what emerges, which is another definition/use of Ne I've come across.

Oh, ok. Thank you for explaining. I think I took it too literally; it seemed like you were actually defining Ne AS that "randomness/silliness/goofiness."

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I loved it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like "gently" used Si/Ne is very comforting... too much Si and my head spins, but when we can float Si and Ne back and forth, it's cozy and fun...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like "gently" used Si/Ne is very comforting... too much Si and my head spins, but when we can float Si and Ne back and forth, it's cozy and fun...

I agree.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I like it, usually in the mid-intensity range at the most. But Ne is best left as humor to me, or exploration, not as reliable info as a foundation.

I didn't know what you were doing with the walrus and creature thing, was mildly amused / ignoring it as off-topic. Maybe because I skimmed rather than read.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didn't know what you were doing with the walrus and creature thing, was mildly amused / ignoring it as off-topic.

If it's any consolation, I didn't understand it either, though it made me laugh. :shrug:

Must be particularly INTP-flavored Ne. :)