• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Why is the SJ Guardhouse so empty all the time compared to the others?

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I'm assuming it is because perhaps we are more busy but I could be wrong. Whenever I check, there is little activity and a lot of activity in the other "houses"

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well most people here are NT's and NF's.

...or at least they'd like to think so. I'm willing to bet there are a good number of people here that are actually sensors but they don't realize it.

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2

...or at least they'd like to think so. I'm willing to bet there are a good number of people here that are actually sensors but they don't realize it.

Why do you think people desire to be N's? (Nothing wrong with N's but still)

Also, is it because N's are more into personality than SP's and SJ's?

/DG/

There are quite a few reasons, actually. N's are supposed to be less common than S's, so being an N is a great way to rationalize why you feel like people just don't understand you. Also, N's are stereotyped as being smarter than S's. Think an INTJ mad scientist for example.

This leads to a bit of N's feeling superior on the boards, too, which is a bit disappointing. It turns this silly typology thing into another form of racism or sexism. It's best to just ignore these types of people, as these forums are really a great community otherwise.

This is also part of it. There are likely more sensors than intuitives on other forums, but this forum deals with something of an abstract nature.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Because everyone's busy guarding things? :newwink:

/DG/

Because everyone's busy guarding things? :newwink:

148-Derp.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The SJs don't feel welcome here. They're all on other web sites.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

The hills are alive with the sound of SJs.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

There is a bias within these communities against SJ types. Because statistics, (yes that's right statistics on something that has not yet been properly measured or proven...hence a theory), tell people that SJ's are the majority, (although some say SP's), not to mention the immensely unflattering descriptions of SJ types.

Essentially both of these combine to give an impression of a rather sheep-like group of people, who never question the status quo, nor do they advance anything, merely they maintain the scraps of ideas put out by their intuitive superiors.

Of course this is hyperbolic to the extreme, but not as far from the truth as I would like. The other issue is that, as [MENTION=6554]DisneyGeek[/MENTION] said above me, the supposed rarity of N types means that this theory is often used as an outlet to give free reign in explaining how they struggled so much with being an outcast in their lives.

Well not all N's will be, obviously, but many say they felt that way and this is onto another point; clearly the world is run by Sensing types for Sensing types. An idea that has all but penetrated the psyche of many who follow this theory. So much so that there have been more than a few cases of people, even on here, proclaiming to understand the sensing perspective, but sensing types cannot even hope to understand or touch the intuitive one.

So much for learning to at least understand a little of one another. Fortunately it is not all untrue, truly there must be SJ types who make lives for others a living hell just as there must be those from each other type who do the same. Maybe the statistics are true, maybe the frequency of type does make sense percentage wise as to how many SJ's play the villain in an intuitive's life.

All I know is I laugh every time I read this description of ESFJ's:

The ESFJ's value system is defined externally. They usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be, and are not shy about expressing these opinions. However, they weigh their values and morals against the world around them, rather than against an internal value system. They may have a strong moral code, but it is defined by the community that they live in, rather than by any strongly felt internal values.

ESFJs who have had the benefit of being raised and surrounded by a strong value system that is ethical and centered around genuine goodness will most likely be the kindest, most generous souls who will gladly give you the shirt off of their back without a second thought. For these individuals, the selfless quality of their personality type is genuine and pure. ESFJs who have not had the advantage of developing their own values by weighing them against a good external value system may develop very questionable values. In such cases, the ESFJ most often genuinely believes in the integrity of their skewed value system. They have no internal understanding of values to set them straight. In weighing their values against our society, they find plenty of support for whatever moral transgression they wish to justify. This type of ESFJ is a dangerous person indeed. Extraverted Feeling drives them to control and manipulate, and their lack of Intuition prevents them from seeing the big picture. They're usually quite popular and good with people, and good at manipulating them. Unlike their ENFJ cousin, they don't have Intuition to help them understand the real consequences of their actions. They are driven to manipulate other to achieve their own ends, yet they believe that they are following a solid moral code of conduct.

I love the bolded most of all. If you want to read the rest of it, because I have cherry-picked the worst part, then here:http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html

That's still the largest part of the page.

Ironically whining about this is a cliche as the prejudice in the first place. I'm not anti-sensor bias so much as anti-generalised nonsense.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
It is because we have all ready discussed all topics of importance. No need for idle chatter.

W

WALMART

Read an ESFJ profile and tell me someone would identify with that garbage.

At worst INFP's get called bossy, at best they're Jesus.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess it could be considered a contrast.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They are used to being a majority everywhere, so they probably tend to feel uncomfortable at an intuitive dominated environment.

etc

/DG/

Read an ESFJ profile and tell me someone would identify with that garbage.

At worst INFP's get called bossy, at best they're Jesus.

Here is a picture I randomly Googled and wanted to post as a response because reasons:

IcanfeelJeebus.jpg

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The SJs don't feel welcome here. They're all on other web sites.

I've actually never felt being discriminated for being an SJ. It's either because I don't care or because I didn't realize that. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've actually never felt being discriminated for being an SJ. It's either because I don't care or because I didn't realize that. :)

You probably are a very Te (versus a more Fi) ISTJ then, lol.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They are used to being a majority everywhere, so they probably tend to feel uncomfortable at an intuitive dominated environment.

etc
If the discomfort you're describing is social discomfort, then I agree with you. But if it's cognitive, then I disagree.

To be fair, I don't know what a "normal" SJ opinion on this would be. But I honestly don't feel a huge separation between myself as an SJ, and the Ns on this forum. I've never seen an SJ on this forum emphasize those differences either. The ones who are hung up on it are mostly the Ns, who come here to get away from SJs. So the dynamic I've experienced has been: Oblivious, well-meaning forum SJs, and extremely resentful and victimized (or victim-complexed) Ns.

Which isn't to say that being motivated to join forums like these based on SJ-fatigue is a bad thing. I have plenty of forum friends who have that mentality, and I don't think any less of them for it. (Though I'm confused at why they're friends with me, if they're really that incompatible with them... but I digress.) And it's true that, as an SJ, I avoid forums like INTJf and INTPc because of all the Ns, and me being in the minority. But it's not because of communication problems. Hell, most of my friends are Ns, so I'm generally used to you guys.* No, instead, it's because their group dynamic is so focused on Not Being A Sensor, and on seeing themselves as unique and rare and special, that there's no way they'd be friendly towards an SJ coming in. It'd be like a girl waltzing into a treehouse that says "No Girls Allowed" on the outside, and going "Hey guys, can I hang out with you and talk about boy stuff? I know a lot about it!"

So, obviously I wouldn't ever say that I'm "used to being in the majority everywhere", because, like I said, most of my friends are Ns. The forum demographics are very similar, percentage-wise, to my real life social environment. But maybe that's because I'm not in the SJ majority. Maybe the sorts of SJs who hate this kind of theoretical discussion, are more in the norm.

/rambling

*I honestly understand you all better than I understand SPs. Even they're supposedly my best match, I don't think I've had a healthy IRL acquaintance-ship, let alone friendship, with an SFP, in my entire life.