• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Is ESTJ the least liked type in all of MBTI?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I definitely struggle with getting along with TJs, particularly STJs. My dad and youngest brother are both STJs and I am constantly upset with them. They both seem to lack the ability to view situations from any perspective but their own. They are also seriously lacking in compassion, particularly for those less fortunate than themselves. I love INFPs though. My roommate is an INFP and for the most part we are incredibly compatible.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Standuble

lol what planet does this shit talking occur on

It does happen a lot online. IIRC INTP forums enjoy this brand of sport and I've seen ENTPs and ENTJs do it in forums as well. Personalitycafe (at least when I was there) had a large INFP population but they were treated with disdain. Outside of typology "typical I FP outlooks or traits" is supposedly stigmatised at least in business circles (according to the youtube videos of jbradnidom) and in the eyes of Fe users.

But overall I don't know if you could determine that INFPs have on average a worse reputation than numerous other types. A lot of it is probably type related shame and self-criticism which is readily expressed on the internet by INFPs and that rubs off on others who otherwise wouldn't have anything bad to say.

James W

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't say ESTJs are the most hated type, I think a better word would be "predictable," since we've all had an ESTJ authority figure at some point in our lives. They're very straight forward and grounded which makes them super easy to identify.

Te in itself isn't bad when it's justified, like, don't be late for work. It's a rule worth abiding by when you weigh out the consequences of challenging that rule, but at the same time, we all know what happens when that unique brand of Te+Si is challenged in a way that makes them vulnerable. Also, a lot of cops are ESTJs, so that's a thing.

Not a pretty sight.

In my experience, the best kind of ESTJs are the ones who exercise their Ne in quirky ways, which makes them less rigid and actually really fun to be around. They're a rare occurrence, but worth finding when you sift past the fat guys in ties in dead end middle management careers who think they know everything about the way the world works.

Because INFP seems to be the most liked type in all of MBTI.

THREAD DERAILED.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]... Why?? :(

I do think they're one of the most hated. ESFJs more so. And with both types, in my opinion, the people who hate them are probably basing much of their opinion on one person, maybe two, who are likely mistyped.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]... Why?? :(

I do think they're one of the most hated. ESFJs more so. And with both types, in my opinion, the people who hate them are probably basing much of their opinion on one person, maybe two, who are likely mistyped.

So what would their alternative typings likely be?

baccheion

I wouldn't say ESTJs are the most hated type, I think a better word would be "predictable," since we've all had an ESTJ authority figure at some point in our lives. They're very straight forward and grounded which makes them super easy to identify.

Te in itself isn't bad when it's justified, like, don't be late for work. It's a rule worth abiding by when you weigh out the consequences of challenging that rule, but at the same time, we all know what happens when that unique brand of Te+Si is challenged in a way that makes them vulnerable. Also, a lot of cops are ESTJs, so that's a thing.

Not a pretty sight.

In my experience, the best kind of ESTJs are the ones who exercise their Ne in quirky ways, which makes them less rigid and actually really fun to be around. They're a rare occurrence, but worth finding when you sift past the fat guys in ties in dead end middle management careers who think they know everything about the way the world works.

THREAD DERAILED.

It's not that they are rigid alone it's that they are wrong, annoying, controlling, bossy, pushy, power hungry, close-minded, etc. So they are doing all these things while stomping on the personal freedoms and convictions of others all to impose their bullshit onto the world around them, while being wrong. They are always imposing their beliefs and the way they think things should be done on others, and they are always getting in the way, causing misery and wasted time, all to feed their own need to be in charge and to have their will be done, and to be able to take credit for everything. There's also a reason they are the most popular/common type for bullies: they pick on and prey on anyone weaker than them, and anyone they are jealous of or that is a threat to them for their own personal satisfaction. Sickening. Also, ESTJ along with ESTP are the types a psychopath in their broken state are likely to test as. That is, they have what is closest to psychopathic tendencies, and the only question is how extreme/unhealthy they are.

They are always wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, but they are always convinced they know what to do, and are always convinced they are correct. This is especially felt in the world I live in, where it's all about innovation, creativity, progress, free-thinking, out-of-the-box thinking, etc, because all they are about is taking credit for whatever is discovered/created while getting in the way and meddling with the process as much as possible, and while doing the most ignorant shit, and while trying to twist what's being done to what they think is so fucking appropriate (but is actually garbage), and while trying to keep everything status quo.

The thing that's most annoying about them is that they are bossy and have this drive to tell people what to do in the most dehumanizing and degrading way, but they don't know shit, or are completely redundant half the time.

The good ones are more "submissive," but it's usually because they've been "tapped out" or have had their ass handed to them, or the shit beaten out of them. But even in that state, who they really are is always waiting to surface, and while I can hang around them, I only do so temporarily, because I know what can happen. ESFJs/ISTJs have caused the most problems in my life, but ESTJs are the ones that drive me up the wall with their actions. If I'd ever lose my mind and get into a fight with anyone due to their actions, it would be them.

Their methods leave much to be desired.

This is funny, because for the longest time I had this thing for a chick that tested herself and came out ESTJ (not an out of control, but all the signs were there). I can't even begin to imagine the horror that would have been. I wonder if we had ever gotten around to having sex if she would've just sat there trying to tell me what to do.

"You're a nerd so you're not good at this." (while thinking she's doing me some sort of favor, because she's hot)
"Stick it in here. No wait, not yet, now."
"Wait, you're too rough"
"Oh God (when I start ignoring her and doing what I want), do this now"
"No, do it this way"

I would've probably lost my mind and walked out in the middle of it, or just held her down and done whatever the hell I wanted. That seems to be the only way to get anything done or to make any progress around them, just say fuck it and beat the shit out of them with it. I can only imagine how draining that would've been for me. But then afterwards she'd probably turn into a clinger nightmare annoying woman that would annoy me 24/7 for a rerun of what happened. Because it's not about trying new things after that, it's about playing back that same old shit over and over again.

"Suffocation, no breathing."

Fuck that.

Standuble

I have always been ashamed of the ESTJ deep within me. I see it as depriving me of many talents which could have been mine. The whole function stack is a stain. I often like to envision myself as an ENTJ on the inside instead but I fear only ISFPs can have that privilege.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what would their alternative typings likely be?
Any other Te/Fe type, probably (though I've seen STJ/STP mistypings before).

Example: I probably would have mistyped my mother as an ISFJ, had she not taken the test right when I did -- because she cares a lot about tradition, is a bit judgmental/closed-minded about new things, and appeared to use Si in the sense that she was always comparing things to a past ideal. Turns out she's an INFJ, and a lot of what I was seeing was Fe, slow Ni processing, and 1-ness.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I think ESFJ is the most hated type on the Internet. Probably because there are tons of INTPs on typology forums.

rav3n

I think ESFJ is the most hated type on the Internet. Probably because there are tons of INTPs on typology forums.
It's more likely the INTJs who dislike ESFJs, than INTPs. INTPs share the same functions but in reverse order.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd like to say that you know what you are getting with an ESTJ. Their openness to tell you what they think of something whether you like or disagree with it is a good quality. Honest, sincere, authentic. It's their tactics that I think people dislike, which is a legit metric, I guess... eehh I find other types more... difficult.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
It's more likely the INTJs who dislike ESFJs, than INTPs. INTPs share the same functions but in reverse order.
I've definitely picked up on the ENTJ hate for ESFJs but I actually know lots of INTJs who married ESFJs so I can't attest to that part.

W

WALMART

ESTJ?

Reasoned, level-headed, practical?

No. Not by a long shot.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I generally hate both INFP's and ESTJ's. The only ESTJ that I have ever liked is [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]

I think female ESTJs in general might be more palatable. There's more of a balance there, rather than maleness and testosterone on top of it.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think INTJs are probably the least liked of all types on average IRL. ESTJs are often pretty popular.