• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Are all ISFJs 'traditionalists'?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We make excellent slaves for a cult loyal friends if you are nice to us :D

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To actually answer your question though: I would say no. We are governors of systems and try to make good use of systems but I wouldn't say we're traditionalists, not in the (pardon the pun) traditional sense of the word. Rather, we try to maximize the current systems in place

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To actually answer your question though: I would say no. We are governors of systems and try to make good use of systems but I wouldn't say we're traditionalists, not in the (pardon the pun) traditional sense of the word. Rather, we try to maximize the current systems in place
^ Yep!

The bolded is a general SJ thing -- i.e. fixing the existing system instead of making a new one. Though the tendency might be stronger in ISFJs? I dunno.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Yep!

The bolded is a general SJ thing -- i.e. fixing the existing system instead of making a new one. Though the tendency might be stronger in ISFJs? I dunno.

I doubt it. I would say all SJs do it, but each type does it for its own reason

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I rather like tradition.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I find that SJ descriptions tend to describe the older generations and don't much apply to the younger generations.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find that SJ descriptions tend to describe the older generations and don't much apply to the younger generations.
^ This.

I think talking about "precedent", with SJs, makes more sense than talking about "tradition". "Precedent" doesn't have any of those unfortunate connotations.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All ISFJs are the masters of baking.

I wish!! Last time I tried baking something, it was a cake and apparently what was supposed to be a triple layer fudge cake turned into three black frisbees with fudge frosting on them :dry:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wish!! Last time I tried baking something, it was a cake and apparently what was supposed to be a triple layer fudge cake turned into three black frisbees with fudge frosting on them :dry:
But were they DELICIOUS frisbees??

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But were they DELICIOUS frisbees??

You needed to smash them against the counter to break them apart so I'm not sure how edible they were... but they were chocolate flavored so I imagine they were, yes :D

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Meh. I don't go out of my way to either uphold or go against the grain of tradition. Sometimes it ends up being one or the other. Can't speak for any other ISFJs, of course.

But this on the other hand...

All ISFJs are the masters of baking.

... I fit perfectly. :D

*hands out masterful ISFJ baked goods to everyone*

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh. I don't go out of my way to either uphold or go against the grain of tradition. Sometimes it ends up being one or the other. Can't speak for any other ISFJs, of course.

I am the same. I just go with what I like (Fi?) but often times I like the tradition. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

R

Riva

Gender roles probably yes. Religious, cultural not entirely sure. The Ti would start questioning things. However they might not be verbal about their disagreements on such sensitive subjects unless they (others) feel threatened - they feel reluctant to disappoint others/hold disagreements. I think a more important question is whether they are good on bed.

Hecuba

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Well, I consider myself a traditionalist. So yes.

pyriticsilence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ISFJ sister is in some ways a traditionalist, but in other ways not. She's a history professor who believes adamantly in Jesus Christ and family life; however, she's also very liberal-leaning and is always ready to smack down some conservatives with a healthy dose of reality. I think, however, that she is very grounded -- thus beating people down with reality with heavy use of some combination Si-Fe-Ti. She's also a rare ISFJ 5, though, and for the longest time I thought she was an ISTJ.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
when they are young, no but as their time passes, yes. being called a traditionalist to them is a bad thing because they don't want to be like their parents

My ISFJ friend/roommate is definitely a traditionalist and proud of it. She defines herself by her experiences and habits. I think we all do that to some extent, but she's actually conscious of how pervasive it is and she likes it that way.

Whether or not that applies to all ISFJs, I couldn't say.