• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How ISTJ's make decision For ISTJ's Mainly but anyone is welcome!

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Hey SJ's (and everyone),

I am an ISTJ and I am wondering if any other ISTJ's (or anyone) does the same thing as I do when making decisions or thinking or reacting to situations.

When I need to make a big decision or I am analyzing a situation after the fact, I "convene" a council if you will of different emotions and aspects of my personality/psyche.

In essence, I take the role of the "leader" at the head of the table and around the table are the following "characters" to discuss the issue at hand: Aggression, numbers guy, logic/lawyer guy, laid-back, responsibility (at the foot of the table), Distraction, Sexuality, Depression (depressed pessimistic guy) and finally Compassion/kindness. "We" discuss and debate the issue and come to a conclusion, sometimes with a vote). I know this sounds crazy and I am a little insane, but I am just wondering if anyone else does anything similar?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Not in such a concrete way, but I do like having discussions and arguments with myself. And I usually do try take different angles to the subject at hand. But usually I'm more goal oriented, and try to first set up a goal my trying to achieve with this particular decision, and only then try to find the way that most likely will take me to the intended goal.