• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ characteristics. What sets you apart?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
A generalization:
ISFJ's are experimental health nuts.

"lets see what this pill does to me!"
"I wonder how I can boost my metabolic rate and simultaneously decrease my resting heartrate."

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You look for words to match actions as your measure of consistency, maybe even authenticity. I look for your internal emotional state to match your outer one to measure that same thing. So for me, there's so often this mismatch when I feel your internal irritation for example but see your outer politeness. To me, that was a difficult thing to reconcile, that people act nice but don't think nice.

Your measure is that the external consistency is more important. To me, the inner consistency is more important.

Interesting difference, eh?

It is! I wonder if this is the chief difference between Fe and Fi?

A generalization:

"I wonder how I can boost my metabolic rate and simultaneously decrease my resting heartrate."

Incidentally, I can be a massive hypochondriac. I'm very suspect about taking any kind of medicine without first knowing what all the side effects could potentially be :ninja:

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A generalization:

This sounds exactly like my ISFP. Actually, I think she has said the first one, verbatim, on more than one occasion... I feel like SPs are more likely to be all "My body is my experiment!" :happy2: than SJs. :shrug:

I'm certainly nothing close to a healthnut and I'm afraid of pills. You did say it was a generalization, I'm aware. I just don't know where it's coming from? That weird Si body connection thing? It translates into hypochondria for me, like tinker. (inferior Ne negative possibilities/catastrophizing, maybe?)

Also, I know I'm late to the thread hugfest, but :hug:'s all around anyways. :D

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
You look for words to match actions as your measure of consistency, maybe even authenticity. I look for your internal emotional state to match your outer one to measure that same thing. So for me, there's so often this mismatch when I feel your internal irritation for example but see your outer politeness. To me, that was a difficult thing to reconcile, that people act nice but don't think nice.

Your measure is that the external consistency is more important. To me, the inner consistency is more important.

Yeah that's because:

Fe = lying

Fi= Selfishness

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Nice point. :)

Incidentally, I can be a massive hypochondriac. I'm very suspect about taking any kind of medicine without first knowing what all the side effects could potentially be :ninja:

This sounds exactly like my ISFP. Actually, I think she has said the first one, verbatim, on more than one occasion... I feel like SPs are more likely to be all "My body is my experiment!" :happy2: than SJs. :shrug:

I'm certainly nothing close to a healthnut and I'm afraid of pills. You did say it was a generalization, I'm aware. I just don't know where it's coming from? That weird Si body connection thing? It translates into hypochondria for me, like tinker. (inferior Ne negative possibilities/catastrophizing, maybe?)

Lol, my ISFJ definitely falls on the opposite end of the spectrum, too. He doesn't take medicine unless it's REALLY necessary, and still doesn't like it.

Incidentally my INFJ coworker is the experimental nut (inferior Se?), while my probably-ISFP grandfather was the health nut/guru.

Also, I know I'm late to the thread hugfest, but :hug:'s all around anyways. :D

:hug: