• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTJ] ESTJs DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!!!! :)

roastingmallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know an ESTJ. I used to hate him because he was kind of a dick, but we're cool now. He was my manager at a fast food place and he had anger issues, was kind of lazy but expected everyone else to work hard (though he insisted he could do a better job), and he thought he was hot shit for being a manager at a fast food place. Later I found out he is a lot of fun to be around, and I can ignore most of his horrible qualities because we have a similar sense of humor, and he's calmed down a bit. I think he was overcompensating or trying to prove something at first.

I know two more. One was a professor of mine. I think I like the female ESTJ better, just because ESTJ energy can be a little overwhelming, and male energy can be a little overwhelming, so the female ESTJ energy can be a bit more understated, or at least slightly less threatening/annoying. I really liked her. She was hilarious (you'd be surprised by what great sense of humor they can have) and spoke her mind.

Lastly, one of my very best friends is an ESTJ. She's like twenty years older than me. She is very hardworking and efficient, and also a lot of fun. Sometimes she is a little overbearing in my opinion, because I am such a feeler and I just don't want to rock the boat, but she don't give a FUCK. She wants what she wants and doesn't take nonesense. She is not shy, and neither am I but I hate confrontation. It doesn't bother her in the slightest, though she is very nice to me.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
stock-photo-5076052-driving-me-nuts-saying.jpg

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always judge - if I must - on an individual basis, but over the years, I have tried to learn not to pass judgment. Most people do the best they can at any given point in time with the wisdom and knowledge they have. So ESTJ is neither a badge of shame nor a badge of honor. It's just a badge, like any other....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know an ESTJ. I used to hate him because he was kind of a dick, but we're cool now. He was my manager at a fast food place and he had anger issues, was kind of lazy but expected everyone else to work hard (though he insisted he could do a better job),

That's true. That's always true, as the ESTJ will gladly demonstrate.

However, since the ESTJ doesn't have to do your job day in and day out forever and ever and hasn't had a chance to get really tired of it, the ESTJ will take on your job for a few minutes and succeed marvelously for that few minutes. It's basic human psychology.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Had a terrific moment with an ESTJ the other week.

Each week, a group of us have to split up material to present to a class. I usually send out the email asking everyone what they're doing. Well, somehow, everyone must've been SEVERELY lacking in Te that day, because they all responded and claimed material that didn't make any sense. The way they had it, we were missing gigantic chunks of the material for some reason. I was thinking it a bit in my head, but didn't really want to say anything. I had hoped they would figure it out that they were being dumb. They didn't.

Well, the ESTJ came up to me in person and basically said something like..."WTF is going on with everyone? Why are they so dumb?" (Except not really.)

Then I realized, she was saying what I was thinking. She made me actually take action to fix everything. I literally just ended up telling everyone what to do in order to actually present 100% of the material. Everything went well.

Thanks, ESTJ. You can be a bit of a handful sometimes, but you know what's up and you're an awesome person.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Thanks, [MENTION=6166]Orobas[/MENTION]. :hug:

Looks like someone's got a lot of N bias... and hasn't realized the whole point of the MBTI, i.e. that everyone has something to contribute, and no type is superior to any other.

p.s. Coffee break's over! Back to work! ;)

This is not true. You sound like an ESFJ saying something like that.
First of all, there are things that are more important to be contributed to than others. INTPs contribute to science, ESFPs are the clowns of circusses.
Second, some types don't have anything to contribute to at all. Some just live for themselves or have so useless things to contribute to that they shouldn't even be called contributions. Again, ESFPs are literally clowns of the world.
Third, Of course there are better types than other. ENTJs and INTJs (specially the second) are by far the most successful types among all. They achieve all what they want, what they feel they need. They make their dreams come true.
ESTJs are close to the top as well. We can achieve all we want, and in fact, we're even better than doing that than ENTJs and maybe even INTJs, but we can't make our dreams come true. We don't dream, we live to keep things as they are. It's the S part of ESTJ.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Also I cannot help but this whole thread is some sort of Aprils fools thing.
Every single person I have ever met online who knows about MBTI talks about ESTJs as though they were the reincarnation of evil.
Everywhere I go I read people hating on ESTJs. Not that I think it's a bad thing to hate on another type. But it's what I read.
People talk about how rude we are and how dumb we are. And in a sense they're talking truth.
So what is this whole thing? A very well planned attemp of trolling? Or should I not trust my eyes any more?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every single person I have ever met online who knows about MBTI talks about ESTJs as though they were the reincarnation of evil.
Everywhere I go I read people hating on ESTJs. Not that I think it's a bad thing to hate on another type. But it's what I read.
People talk about how rude we are and how dumb we are. And in a sense they're talking truth.
So what is this whole thing? A very well planned attemp of trolling? Or should I not trust my eyes any more?

That is because they are assuming their type based on stereotypes. I know a lot of overbearing people, the least were ESTJ's. Give them the test if you're unsure.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My father is an ESTJ, and everyone have a respect for him, and I think he's charismatic, and his reputation is the most important thing according to him, but I gotta say he's over optimistic about things that he's never ever cautious and would never accept the fact that not everyone is a good citizen like he is and that there are people who are just bad, he keeps getting himself in troubles because of that, and yet he thinks everything will turn to be okay.. And I also have some take on him as a father..
Not that awesome I'm sorry Dad hahaha [emoji28]

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is not true. You sound like an ESFJ saying something like that.
First of all, there are things that are more important to be contributed to than others. INTPs contribute to science, ESFPs are the clowns of circusses.
Second, some types don't have anything to contribute to at all. Some just live for themselves or have so useless things to contribute to that they shouldn't even be called contributions. Again, ESFPs are literally clowns of the world.
Third, Of course there are better types than other. ENTJs and INTJs (specially the second) are by far the most successful types among all. They achieve all what they want, what they feel they need. They make their dreams come true.
ESTJs are close to the top as well. We can achieve all we want, and in fact, we're even better than doing that than ENTJs and maybe even INTJs, but we can't make our dreams come true. We don't dream, we live to keep things as they are. It's the S part of ESTJ.
It's not that you can't trust your eyes, but I don't think you can trust what you have read, as you seem to have a very stereotype-based understanding of the MBTI. I suggest reading some more trustworthy sources on the MBTI and what specific types look like.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/faq.php?faq=new_member_resources -- Check out the "introduction to personality type" section of that link. There are lots of good resources there.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you know i like the expression "drive me nuts", especially if said in a scottish/irish accent it makes it sound like someone has a grip on the person's testes and is like if you don't do this i will squeeze them so may not have kids in the future and it will hurt

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're awesome when they are healthy. Tertiary Ne is great way to interact with them in their free time. (well at least for me).

Porter

MBTI Type
ESTJ
At least for me, I find the stereotypes all wrong. I highly highly value logic, I am great at managing people, I can tune back the harsh logical critical judgements if need be also, or at least keep them to myself. It seems that whenever people like TP's are hating on us, it is because they have ones in their lives that administrate, just bot logically, and must control all the time. However, ESTJ's can be perfectly content to not be the boss, if the boss has a system that he or she has proven to work. The introverted types hate our judging aspect, but when I judge someone out loud, it is to help them to become a better person, if not just more efficient. The introverted folks seem to take things like this personally however, and find all the stereotypes they can to slander us. Having said this, I myself have a few complaints about them, but I would never say them with the hate that they do, because if I where to voice one of those opinions, it would be to help them...rant over.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At least for me, I find the stereotypes all wrong. I highly highly value logic, I am great at managing people, I can tune back the harsh logical critical judgements if need be also, or at least keep them to myself. It seems that whenever people like TP's are hating on us, it is because they have ones in their lives that administrate, just bot logically, and must control all the time. However, ESTJ's can be perfectly content to not be the boss, if the boss has a system that he or she has proven to work. The introverted types hate our judging aspect, but when I judge someone out loud, it is to help them to become a better person, if not just more efficient. The introverted folks seem to take things like this personally however, and find all the stereotypes they can to slander us. Having said this, I myself have a few complaints about them, but I would never say them with the hate that they do, because if I where to voice one of those opinions, it would be to help them...rant over.
+1

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
... when I judge someone out loud, it is to help them to become a better person, if not just more efficient. The introverted folks seem to take things like this personally however ...

And it's not personal? It is literally personal because you've set yourself as the judge of what's better vs not better about a person. Since no one died and made you king, you don't get to rule over all. Je is not the final arbiter of truth.

And yes, welcome new ESTJ.

Porter

MBTI Type
ESTJ
And it's not personal? It is literally personal because you've set yourself as the judge of what's better vs not better about a person. Since no one died and made you king, you don't get to rule over all. Je is not the final arbiter of truth.

And yes, welcome new ESTJ.

Worded it a little strangely, more like, they get very offended, and that confuses me. If they where to say something about me with the intention of making me better in their eyes, even if I dont agree with the observation, I would take it, change if I want to, and if I dont agree, I wont sit there all sad about something someone thinks of me, because I dont think their correct.

And hello to you too.