• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Things SFJs hate about intuitives

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And you think it is an improvement to keep your idiotic shit in complete disarray? How do you ever expect to find things when you need them???

Bwah? It wasn't directed solely at INTJ's. INTP's construct systems too. I said NTs, not INTJs. Read the post again.

I was thinking more of INTPs to begin with, if you must know. Both Ti and Te are systematizing, and this is actually more true of Ti in some ways. Te has to bump up against external, messy reality.

To answer your question, idiotic shit is idiotic shit. It makes no difference how organized is it.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I wouldn't even necessarily call Te a messy way of systematizing. In fact, due to Ti largely being a subjective way of thinking and thinking for the sake of thinking. It would make a lot of sense for Ti to often be considered to be "messy" by extroverted thinkers. Due to the fact that it's not really orientated toward anything outside of the Ti user's definition of knowledge and what is the truth to them.

Both orientations of thinking are systematizing, but towards different ends.

Wacky and nonsensical use of systems are the product of inferior thinking. While conspiracy theories are generally something that is attributed towards inferior intuition BTW. I would imagine that an Ti/Te type's weakinesses to generally be more alongside of using systems that are used to justify a generally misanthropic prejudice or something along those lines, but I have no way of clarifying if that is the case though.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bwah? It wasn't directed solely at INTJ's. INTP's construct systems too. I said NTs, not INTJs. Read the post again.

I was thinking more of INTPs to begin with, if you must know. Both Ti and Te are systematizing, and this is actually more true of Ti in some ways. Te has to bump up against external, messy reality.

To answer your question, idiotic shit is idiotic shit. It makes no difference how organized is it.
You read again: I said nothing about INTJs, or NTs for that matter. Yes, I am very familiar with the well-ordered but useless systematizing outcomes of INTPs, as I live with one. Just remember, though, one man's shit is another man's compost.

(Plus, my whole post was meant to be facetious . . . )

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like SFJs. I mean aren't they like the biggest rule-followers and the weakest rebels in all of existence? In contrast, STPs are the ultimate criminal masterminds, responcible for the coming chaos and destruction unleashed upon an unsuspecting world!

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
I don't like SFJs. I mean aren't they like the biggest rule-followers and the weakest rebels in all of existence? In contrast, STPs are the ultimate criminal masterminds, responcible for the coming chaos and destruction unleashed upon an unsuspecting world!

Or ODing on the couch, after they fucked a 500 whale of a woman, because they have no sense of that magical Fe charisma that attracts the ladies.

If you want to take stereotypes TO THE NEXT XTREME LEVEL!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The way they believe in stupid and foolish personality theories.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've found my mom to struggle with the way I'm 'unreliable' to her. It took her years to understand that this wasn't done out of maliciousness from my side, but that consistency was truly something I struggled with. Considering how high she values loyalty, hard work and trustworthiness, I can only imagine how often I disappointed her.

The other thing that drives her mental is living in a house with 4 intuitives of which only *one* is semi-capable of finding his own stuff and remembering where he put it. She used to think we were taking the mickey out of her, when truly we were just grateful she knew where everthing was :shrug:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You read again: I said nothing about INTJs, or NTs for that matter. Yes, I am very familiar with the well-ordered but useless systematizing outcomes of INTPs, as I live with one. Just remember, though, one man's shit is another man's compost.

(Plus, my whole post was meant to be facetious . . . )

Gotcha. I suppose I was guilty of reading into the fact that you were reading things into my post that weren't there.

It's a Jacob's ladder of shitty F!

This is why I've taken recently to just start acting on and verbalizing my emotional reactions, and then, I can determine, based on the other person's reaction if they were justified or not. This is an attempt to safeguard me against developing my own elaborate system of bullshit.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't even necessarily call Te a messy way of systematizing. In fact, due to Ti largely being a subjective way of thinking and thinking for the sake of thinking. It would make a lot of sense for Ti to often be considered to be "messy" by extroverted thinkers. Due to the fact that it's not really orientated toward anything outside of the Ti user's definition of knowledge and what is the truth to them.

Messy may have been the wrong word. But my point is that Te has to bump up against objective reality, as I understand it, while Ti does not necessarily need to do so. This isn't saying that it's incapable of aligning, but just that it's possible for it not to align.

Both orientations of thinking are systematizing, but towards different ends.

Yeah... T is a systematizing function, so I may have mistakenly implied that Te is not systematizing.

Wacky and nonsensical use of systems are the product of inferior thinking. While conspiracy theories are generally something that is attributed towards inferior intuition BTW. I would imagine that an Ti/Te type's weakinesses to generally be more alongside of using systems that are used to justify a generally misanthropic prejudice or something along those lines, but I have no way of clarifying if that is the case though.

A decent amount of the people who subscribe to nonsensical systems type themselves as NT's, especially introverted NT's. I have to either conclude that they are not "true NT's", which sounds like self-congratulatory bullshit on my part, or that it has something to do with being an NT. I think conspiracy theories and "alpha males" are attempts to use T to make sense of things that exist outside of the domain of T while having inadequate information and experience, and being unwilling to seek that information and experience out.

I suppose the attempt to use only Ti, and not use Ne to generate alternative possibilities, can explain the usage of idiotic systems.

I also think exclusive use of Ni might play a part in this, as well. I don't understand this function very well, but it seems to me that it could also be capable of generating craziness without needing to see if it reflects the way things actually are.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose the attempt to use only Ti, and not use Ne to generate alternative possibilities, can explain the usage of idiotic systems.

I also think exclusive use of Ni might play a part in this, as well. I don't understand this function very well, but it seems to me that it could also be capable of generating craziness without needing to see if it reflects the way things actually are.
IME, Ti leads to construction of elaborate but idiotic systems (mental Rube Goldberg structures), while Ni leads to conspiracy theories (implied value judgment and action required).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IME, Ti leads to construction of elaborate but idiotic systems (mental Rube Goldberg structures), while Ni leads to conspiracy theories (implied value judgment and action required).

I like that, a mental Rube Goldberg structure.

Conspiracy theories reach often reach into the past, and attempt to predict the future, which relates to my understanding of Ni, I suppose. There's also a fuzziness to them, that, if you ask a theorist what exactly they think happened, they won't tell you, they'll say things like "I'm just asking questions," or be vague in some other way. Could this fuzzy "asking questions" be part of Ni?