• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJ's and organisation of the physical world?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Ive heard many times that judging types, and especially SJ's, are geared toward organisation and keeping track of physical details.

On top of this I have read quite a lot of information on the nature of SJ's keeping the house clean and generally just being on top of important details such as birth cetificates, documentation like P45's and other related bureaucratic requirements.

But see, im a bit out of sorts because....well im quite messy. Im not too bad on tidiness but usually my room is a tip compared with the rest of the house, although I see it more as organised chaos. Also while im sometimes on top of the documentation...often I slip up and it can elude me quite well, meaning I get into a lot of trouble at jobs in terms of pay and bank statements.

I am somewhat of an unhealthy ESFJ though. So this could be a functional switcharoo going on. Any other ESFJ's relate?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My spouse is ESFJ and isn't particularly into keeping the house clean and documentation. :shrug: He keeps on top of them to a certain extent, but I'm actually better about both. :D He is meticulous about keeping the yard and cars clean though, so perhaps it's just that the house is more my domain, in terms of cleaning.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
My spouse is ESFJ and isn't particularly into keeping the house clean and documentation. :shrug: He keeps on top of them to a certain extent, but I'm actually better about both. :D He is meticulous about keeping the yard and cars clean though, so perhaps it's just that the house is more my domain, in terms of cleaning.

Hmm interesting. Mind you given the nature of Si, it could just be that those areas have left a bigger impression through Si, so he has ended up gathering more information and more attention for those tasks.

G

Glycerine

My dad is fairly relaxed but he definitely likes things a certain way. Things don't necessarily have to be exact but he likes tidiness. Where his "attention to detail" comes into play the most is planning. He can plan things down to the last detail effortlessly when he needs to. I, on the other hand, being the strong N, usually slip up somehow no matter how hard I overcompensate with the details.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
My dad is fairly relaxed but he definitely likes things a certain way. Things don't necessarily have to be exact but he likes tidiness. Where his "attention to detail" comes into play the most is planning. He can plan things down to the last detail effortlessly when he needs to. I, on the other hand, being the strong N, usually slip up somehow no matter how hard I overcompensate with the details.

Interesting. I wonder if the presence of my ESFJ mother sort of...compensates me from having to make the same effort she does when planning, for example, holidays. When going on holiday I frequently forget items of importance, such as skiing jackets and occasionally: Passports.

Suffice to say this has caused some big conflicts in our family.

G

Glycerine

Interesting. I wonder if the presence of my ESFJ mother sort of...compensates me from having to make the same effort she does when planning, for example, holidays. When going on holiday I frequently forget items of importance, such as skiing jackets and occasionally: Passports.

Suffice to say this has caused some big conflicts in our family.
That reminds me that although my dad is very detailed, he can be very forgetful and lose things. :D

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That reminds me that although my dad is very detailed, he can be very forgetful and lose things. :D

Hah today at work I was halfway home and I suddenly thought...did I clock out? So I went all the way back to make sure. Im not losing my pay.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not an ESFJ -- but I definitely can be messy*, and I've been known for losing things since I was a little kid. Left my coat on an airplane a few weeks ago and didn't realize it was gone until the plane was already halfway to its next destination.

*First, let things get out of hand for a week or three. Then, insanely power-clean for a day, Rinse, repeat.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Not an ESFJ -- but I definitely can be messy*, and I've been known for losing things since I was a little kid. Left my coat on an airplane a few weeks ago and didn't realize it was gone until the plane was already halfway to its next destination.

*First, let things get out of hand for a week or three. Then, insanely power-clean for a day, Rinse, repeat.

YES! This is exactly how it is for myself too. My mother is obsessed with tidyness though, but I always say the same thing: " If you let me get on with it, I will tidy it in my own time". And I do.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YES! This is exactly how it is for myself too. My mother is obsessed with tidyness though, but I always say the same thing: " If you let me get on with it, I will tidy it in my own time". And I do.
I'm the same way. :solidarity: My interactions with my parents would go very similarly.

That's why I'm so glad I don't live with them anymore!! :yesss: