• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] What attracts you to ISTJ men and women?

sculpting

cause they make me giggle and I can make them giggle. They are so ordered, so I delight in introducing insanity, which they can then follow for a bit.

My favorite little girl is a 3yo ISTJ and we have the greatest convos. She is very Si in her data collections of terms and names and then i will trick her.

Once I tolde her that thier was an satallite on the roof of our building-She just laughed and laughed at me. She gets my jokes. :)

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
cause they make me giggle and I can make them giggle. They are so ordered, so I delight in introducing insanity, which they can then follow for a bit.

I love this. I think it would be fun to watch an ISTJ (myself included) scurry around trying to keep everything in order and neat while you just stand back and laugh at how overly serious we take everything. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah! A thread for meeee. As a self-typed ISFP who many people think is ESFP or ENFP, and who has lived a very free spirited life, I can summarize precisely for you why I LOVE ISxJ men (and the occasional ESFJ)...

I really love organized, clean, good smelling men with money. The only thing that's more delightful than that is good-humored, polite consistency. Predictability and stability is so hot when you run three miles every morning and smell like Macys.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=6166]Orobas[/MENTION]

oh yeah I agree that ISTJs are actually great to laugh with. A lot of people dont seem to realize that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes yes I like that whole mature, cold, shy thing too, but Im fascinated how no one but me here has mentioned how physically hot SJs can be because of their sense of order, normality, professionalsim, etc.
[MENTION=4644]Habba[/MENTION] touched on it bc of how ISTJs get laid bc they wear suits, but even when they wear jeans, its always so effing clean and detailed, its something they tend to advertise very physically, but in this understated way.

I hate slobby men. Hate them. So gross. Just no.

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Yes yes I like that whole mature, cold, shy thing too, but Im fascinated how no one but me here has mentioned how physically hot SJs can be because of their sense of order, normality, professionalsim, etc.

I hate slobby men. Hate them. So gross. Just no.

In my experience, women prefer men who are more laid back and messy and risky and "masculine" if you will in the sense that they are more care-free and don't care as much. In today's culture, it is almost feminine to be neat and tidy and old-fashioned to dress well. And yet you say those qualities are attractive? I would never consider becoming less of who I am (neat, tidy, enjoy dressing well/suits), but I have to wonder who exactly I'm inadvertently catering too? (as in, how many feel the same why you do and what kind of person?)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
My ex is probably ISTJ. She was loyal, dependable, funny, cute, very tough and sometimes fearless. She was less socially adept than I, so I did most of the event planning, while she planned vacations and outings for the two of us. We even worked together for several years, so we were together nearly 24 hours a day. But it all fell apart. We still communicate a few times a month, usually via text.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is one thing I'll say for ISTJ men. I usually relate most to the ones in sales, and god can they handle their liquor. I could see how they would be appealing to a more stability/security oriented personality, maybe an sp first or something.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In my experience, women prefer men who are more laid back and messy and risky and "masculine" if you will in the sense that they are more care-free and don't care as much. In today's culture, it is almost feminine to be neat and tidy and old-fashioned to dress well. And yet you say those qualities are attractive? I would never consider becoming less of who I am (neat, tidy, enjoy dressing well/suits), but I have to wonder who exactly I'm inadvertently catering too? (as in, how many feel the same why you do and what kind of person?)

I guess you're mostly seeing an STP/SFJ dichotomy that is male/female in the American media then?

Yeah, I like for men to be clean. Some of my bfs have been more organized than me. There's something awesome about a man who vacuums, washes the sheets, and it's a real plus of he's one of those that smell like Macy's. Yeah, I know all SJs aren't athletic or prone to wearing sexy cologne, but it's a specific manifestation of a general attitude toward health and grooming that can come along with Si/Je.

An ISTJ can give a very "cold" appearance that's still masculine and "not caring as much" that makes him seem stronger; he's just strong in a different way. He cares very much about risks, but won't let your emo affect him on his way to achieve his goals.

Of course, men "not caring" really shouldn't be normative, either. After the initial chase and courtship, I actually prefer an attentive and reliable man who shows he cares in concrete way that manifest in providing in some way for my well-being.

I've noticed even with the SFJs I've dated, they manage to be more comfortable with their feelings without overdoing it, like they still have a pretty firm sense of cultural masculinity, though they may be more companionable and/or emotionally expressive then some men. I eat it up with a spoon.

What kind of person? Well I'm sure an ESFJ could just as easily marry an ISTJ as an ESFP or ENFP or ISFP, so it depends on the individual. Each combo comes with its own challenges and rewards.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I attract you to ISTJ men and women because I don't like messy, ill-groomed, funky smelling slobs?

I love dirty men who don't shave and smell kinda bad sometimes. no wonder I've never dated an SJ.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love dirty men who don't shave and smell kinda bad sometimes. no wonder I've never dated an SJ.

lolololololol

To each her own!

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So grumpy but loveable? ;) A kind of curmudgeonly but huggable person?

yes, something like that. I didn't think of Stephen as very grumpye or curmudgeonly but he's deffo the other two!