• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJ Quote Of The Day (7/13/12 or 13/7/12)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I hate my hair. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it."

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
"In essence a man must understand his own intangibility, without such an understanding he fails to ever become tangible at all." - Me....just this second, pretentious isnt it?

"In every moment we should stop ourselves and consider the implications of an automatic response, because then it is no longer an automatic response and thus is becomes static and controllable and through this control we grow and change. Then what was once a problem becomes a solution and such a person is able to expose themselves to the core of truth, however it might be defined, without shying from the horrors it may once have revealed about themselves." - Also me

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"In essence a man must understand his own intangibility, without such an understanding he fails to ever become tangible at all." - Me....just this second, pretentious isnt it?

"In every moment we should stop ourselves and consider the implications of an automatic response, because then it is no longer an automatic response and thus is becomes static and controllable and through this control we grow and change. Then what was once a problem becomes a solution and such a person is able to expose themselves to the core of truth, however it might be defined, without shying from the horrors it may once have revealed about themselves." - Also me

Your quotes belong with the INFP quotes of the day. The very nature of your quotes shows this. Especially the second one which mentions growth and change.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Your quotes belong with the INFP quotes of the day. The very nature of your quotes shows this. Especially the second one which mentions growth and change.

Do you think I could ever convince you to come on vent and chat? You might see me differently then.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think I could ever convince you to come on vent and chat? You might see me differently then.

"In essence" is an intuitive manner of phrasing a point. "The core of truth" is an intuitive manner of phrasing. "In every moment we should stop ourselves and consider the implications of an automatic response" is not part of any ESFJ thought-process.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
"In essence" is an intuitive manner of phrasing a point. "The core of truth" is an intuitive manner of phrasing. "In every moment we should stop ourselves and consider the implications of an automatic response" is not part of any ESFJ thought-process.

You're mean Mal!! I bet we could have you singing "Gin-gan gooley gooley...." in no time if you joined our fun.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're mean Mal!! I bet we could have you singing "Gin-gan gooley gooley...." in no time if you joined our fun.

At one time I would have, but I'm too embarrassed to do any of that with family always hanging around.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
At one time I would have, but I'm too embarrassed to do any of that with family always hanging around.

Oh I see :(. Im sorry Mal. I reckon id have enjoyed your company.

Although I still think that there will always be some contention over my type, possibly because im odd and inconsistant or more likely that I am just a person who lacks the ability to consider things in a logical framework of fitting together.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The light side of the Force is weaker because they cannot use lightning with it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I see :(. Im sorry Mal. I reckon id have enjoyed your company.

Although I still think that there will always be some contention over my type, possibly because im odd and inconsistant or more likely that I am just a person who lacks the ability to consider things in a logical framework of fitting together.

Your videos show that you try and fit things inside of a logical framework. Your self-typing problem is lack of self-knowledge.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Your videos show that you try and fit things inside of a logical framework. Your self-typing problem is lack of self-knowledge.

Yeah I suppose, I was actually going to write about a lack of self knowledge but I...hmm forgot it some how. Oddly enough I was going to ask what you were on about because I thought id put that in there lol.

Mind you I think I wrote something similar on my blog. The annoying thing about self-knowledge is whenever I claim I do not wish to do something because I do not feel im suited for it, im always shouted down and told im wrong about myself.

This has resulted in an uncertain self-identification because there was a lot of invalidation of what I thought I knew of myself, people always assumed they knew me better. Annoyingly, they were often proved right in their expectations and my reactions.

Sorry this isnt really related to ESFJ quotes is it?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I suppose, I was actually going to write about a lack of self knowledge but I...hmm forgot it some how. Oddly enough I was going to ask what you were on about because I thought id put that in there lol.

Mind you I think I wrote something similar on my blog. The annoying thing about self-knowledge is whenever I claim I do not wish to do something because I do not feel im suited for it, im always shouted down and told im wrong about myself.

This has resulted in an uncertain self-identification because there was a lot of invalidation of what I thought I knew of myself, people always assumed they knew me better. Annoyingly, they were often proved right in their expectations and my reactions.

Sorry this isnt really related to ESFJ quotes is it?

When has keeping with the topic ever mattered around here?

I think you're just grasping at labels for yourself. Try identifying some real personality characteristics that you have. Anxiety, depression (neurosis). So far you're sounding like an average 6. But that's just a label.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
When has keeping with the topic ever mattered around here?

I think you're just grasping at labels for yourself. Try identifying some real personality characteristics that you have. Anxiety, depression (neurosis). So far you're sounding like an average 6. But that's just a label.

Most likely the case, of course someone might make the argument that all these theories are is a series of labels, seeing as how they are putting expression to observable traits.

The important part is im not going to act any different just because my label changes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most likely the case, of course someone might make the argument that all these theories are is a series of labels, seeing as how they are putting expression to observable traits.

The important part is im not going to act any different just because my label changes.

Maybe not, but I did. Finding my enneatype was a life-changing experience. But of course your label doesn't determine who you are. I have tried to put forth on this forum that you can determine your label to an extent. That is in line with Fourth Way teachings upon which the enneagram is based.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Maybe not, but I did. Finding my enneatype was a life-changing experience. But of course your label doesn't determine who you are. I have tried to put forth on this forum that you can determine your label to an extent. That is in line with Fourth Way teachings upon which the enneagram is based.

Well I can agree with that. The ennegram was certainly more engaging and understandable to me than any MBTI type so far. I think the problem is I can see how ennea 6 fits with me, but I find it difficult to see any MBTI type that fits.

I know we have discussed this before, but I do struggle to define my behaviour into consistant modes of operation which I keep thinking is what is required for an MBTI type to be easily applied. But of course I could easily be very flawed in thinking this. I do find it difficult to see a different angle since ive now looked at Keirsey's interpretation, Lenore Thompsons', Myers-Briggs themselves and Jung. There are possibly more though which ive not considered.

This is partially, or perhaps mainly, why I turned more towards the cognitive function side; although that tends to have as many detractors as supporters. The only reason I did that is because of my inability to define and recognise my own consistant behaviours. So I thought it perhaps easier to try and define some intangible notion of cognition within my own mind. But that obviously is just as big of a viper's nest to walk into, since cognition can be even more varied than the behaviour which accompanies it.

This leaves me somewhat at the judgement of others but since no majority can agree on anything either it becomes rather...hard to pin down.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I can agree with that. The ennegram was certainly more engaging and understandable to me than any MBTI type so far. I think the problem is I can see how ennea 6 fits with me, but I find it difficult to see any MBTI type that fits.

I know we have discussed this before, but I do struggle to define my behaviour into consistant modes of operation which I keep thinking is what is required for an MBTI type to be easily applied. But of course I could easily be very flawed in thinking this. I do find it difficult to see a different angle since ive now looked at Keirsey's interpretation, Lenore Thompsons', Myers-Briggs themselves and Jung. There are possibly more though which ive not considered.

This is partially, or perhaps mainly, why I turned more towards the cognitive function side; although that tends to have as many detractors as supporters. The only reason I did that is because of my inability to define and recognise my own consistant behaviours. So I thought it perhaps easier to try and define some intangible notion of cognition within my own mind. But that obviously is just as big of a viper's nest to walk into, since cognition can be even more varied than the behaviour which accompanies it.

This leaves me somewhat at the judgement of others but since no majority can agree on anything either it becomes rather...hard to pin down.

If you're a 6 then you don't have consistency of behavior. I agree that it's a mistake in your case to look for any. I must admit however that there are surely MOOD patterns, which some would call "cycling" patterns.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an extreme example of mood patterns, I lived with my wife and her ex for two weeks while they were still married. While there I could easily spot her ex's mood swings because in his case they were so frequent I could time them by the hour. Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying...

I'm not saying that's you, I'm just giving you an extreme case to think about because it was so obvious.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
As an extreme example of mood patterns, I lived with my wife and her ex for two weeks while they were still married. While there I could easily spot her ex's mood swings because in his case they were so frequent I could time them by the hour. Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying; Calm - Angry - Crying...

I'm not saying that's you, I'm just giving you an extreme case to think about because it was so obvious.

Ah I see the point.

Well in my case it would probably be: Calm>contemplative>calm>contemplative>worried>grumpy>contemplative>talking>talking>talking>HAPPY!.............Well ok the talking ones arent a mood lol.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah I see the point.

Well in my case it would probably be: Calm>contemplative>calm>contemplative>worried>grumpy>contemplative>talking>talking>talking>HAPPY!.............Well ok the talking ones arent a mood lol.

Yes, you probably have no psychological knowledge to begin with.