• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] Why are there no ESFJs on Typology Central?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a newly converted ESFJ (not really lol) and I am wondering where the rest of my kind are. WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE!!??

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wooooo welcome, new ESFJ!!!! :D

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I have an ESFJ friend who discusses typology with me all the time. But she says that even though she enjoys discussing it with me, she would never spend time on an online forum reading / writing about it. I don't know if she is representative of all ESFJs, but there you have it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In short they much prefer in life (or telephone) interactions to traditional online message boards (although I have seen quiet a few on facebook of recent)

MBTI Type
ESFJ
nobodycares.gif

Phony.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pure Mercury is an ESFJ.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One I know doesn't apparently care for or have much interest, at all, in MBTI.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
In short they much prefer in life (or telephone) interactions to traditional online message boards (although I have seen quiet a few on facebook of recent)

Facebook isn't really a message board. It's an electronic extention of high school cliques and a common tool to organize shit IRL - so no surprise that ESFJ are all over it.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Facebook isn't really a message board. It's an electronic extention of high school cliques and a common tool to organize shit IRL - so no surprise that ESFJ are all over it.

Hear, hear!

ESFJs I know were never big into computers but they did have those fancy electronic address books before PDAs and smart phones...and were always the person to ask when you wanted to see an old high school yearbook.

Unique

This question has been answered about 5 billion times

Sensor types especially SJs have less interest in these types of topics/these kind of websites/forums

That is not to say they are not on the internet, as stated above, facebook is littered with them

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Even if there were more ESFJ's than we think online, would they ever want to identify as one?

The amount of pre-conceived notions about that particular type would put anyone off....although someone might take pride in being rare on a forum if that type of thing floats your fruit cake.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Even if there were more ESFJ's than we think online, would they ever want to identify as one?

The amount of pre-conceived notions about that particular type would put anyone off....although someone might take pride in being rare on a forum if that type of thing floats your fruit cake.
Lies, I proudly revel in my four-letter stereotype!

R

RDF

I'm quite new to this and tested as an ESFJ... and I do enjoy this forum quite a lot. Why would ???

Does anyone care to elaborate on that?

This particular message board (Typology-Central) is INTP-heavy, since it was an outgrowth of INTP-Central. And INTPs like taking humorous potshots at their opposites (ESFJs, that is).

INFPs do the same thing with their own opposites (ESTJs). Other types probably do the same with their repsective opposites.

It’s all done in jest. I wouldn’t make much of it. But just a warning: if you go over to INTP-Central, it can get a bit thick over on that particular message board. No disrespect to those guys, but sometimes it’s like an echo chamber over there. The INTPs all echo one another, and they start believing their own trash talk.

On another topic: I used to attend Mensa events pretty heavily, and I was surprised how many ESFJs I met there. Great people. They’re quick on the uptake, they’re team players, and they contribute a lot to the maintenance and running of that organization. But I can see where they would prefer face-to-face interactions over on-line interactions; they’re such a social personality.

Anyway, welcome, Rosamunda!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9517]Malice[/MENTION] identifies as ESFJ, I think, and she seems pretty cool. I don't think she's here a lot though.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Every single answer so far is a lie, fueled by self-deception, insecurity, and all-around ego neediness.

There are many ESFJs on this forum, but they'll never accept their type.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFjs actually deal with, you know, REALITY. So they use the internet mostly for business and connecting with family. So probably Facebook lol.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Every single answer so far is a lie, fueled by self-deception, insecurity, and all-around ego neediness.

There are many ESFJs on this forum, but they'll never accept their type.

Names, please! :popc1: