• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] Why are there no ESFJs on Typology Central?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'd much rather more ESFJs join the forum than all these fucking INFJs that keep popping up.

Stop the madness.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd much rather more ESFJs join the forum than all these fucking INFJs that keep popping up.

I'd get my ESFJ bestie to come, but I can't get her to go on the computer for more than 3 seconds. :alttongue:

L

LadyLazarus

Here I am!

All of you tuck in your shirts!

Seriously though, I assume it's because typology isn't something that would naturally appeal to most ESFJ's,or at least not enough to join a forum based on it.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i wonder if it's because of all the "Why do *you* hate ESFJs? Please, share your stories!" threads on here :rolleyes:

No, that can't possibly be a contributing factor. Those aren't intimidating or uninviting or anything.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore :sage:

:coffee:

....:smooch:

Those comments are from another era in TypeC history - remember that.

The coming of more xSFJs has definitely shown a decrease in those comments and threads despite them being necro-ed all over the place. You have brought light into our darkness :wubbie:

Besides, every type has its bash threads on here, though I will fully admit that due to the fact that ESFJ were the exact opposite of the type that first populated and started this forum (INTP), the harshest bias and frustration has been with ESFJs, as this place became a sort of venting place for Ns to hide from Ss in the real world - where we tend to feel misunderstood and bashed. While that is no excuse for the outright sensor hate that occasionally has roamed these forums, it has been cathartic over the years - and yielded results as to further understanding each other, especially with the addition and patience of a couple of SJs and SPs along the way.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The coming of more xSFJs has definitely shown a decrease in those comments and threads despite them being necro-ed all over the place. You have brought light into our darkness :wubbie:

:blush: :hug: (I know it's not directed at me specifically, but still)

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Here is my epic personality type journey

I took a mbti test when I was 13 and I think I scored ESTJ. I had myself biased on logic because I thought that's how I was supposed to think. I took another test when I was 19 and I scored INTP. I thought that I'd scored some kind of lottery because all of my awkwardness could be explained by these little personality descriptions. I went to intpc for a while so I could bro it up with my fellow INTPs, but something didn't seem right and it took a while to dawn on me (I'm a bit dense). It felt like kind of a circle jerk there anyway so I left to find answers on my own. First came F for my bleeding heart, then came J for my sense of determinism, then came E because I enjoy people, then eventually I settled on S for my priorities (it was the most difficult).

So there's hope for you yet, you reading this might actually be ESFJ. Good on you!

ESFJ is not a type for everyone though, it takes a unique combination of compassion and ruthlessness that few types have.

G

garbage

ESFJ is not a type for everyone though, it takes a unique combination of compassion and ruthlessness that few types have.
Seriously. This. That's a large part of their gift.

Stick around. This forum needs a different (i.e. real) perspective on ESFJs.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here is my epic personality type journey

I took a mbti test when I was 13 and I think I scored ESTJ. I had myself biased on logic because I thought that's how I was supposed to think. I took another test when I was 19 and I scored INTP. I thought that I'd scored some kind of lottery because all of my awkwardness could be explained by these little personality descriptions. I went to intpc for a while so I could bro it up with my fellow INTPs, but something didn't seem right and it took a while to dawn on me (I'm a bit dense). It felt like kind of a circle jerk there anyway so I left to find answers on my own. First came F for my bleeding heart, then came J for my sense of determinism, then came E because I enjoy people, then eventually I settled on S for my priorities (it was the most difficult).

So there's hope for you yet, you reading this might actually be ESFJ. Good on you!

Haven is one of my favorite ESFJs tbh.

Question: what priorities specifically made you switch from N to S? And why was that switch the most difficult?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Haven is one of my favorite ESFJs tbh.

Question: what priorities specifically made you switch from N to S? And why was that switch the most difficult?

Thanks, I was most convinced of N because that's how I always scored post-childhood, and had some pride in being intelligent and insightful. All my qualities aside, I kept moving towards immediate, practical things. Insight is great, but I cared less and less for it in my efforts to solve other problems that I felt like I had more control over. Plus I can't identify with Ni, it just seems convoluted to me.