• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] TJ's using Fe

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh man, what a sight to behold. It is truly a beautiful thing to see. *sigh* :wubbie:

That is all I wanted to say.

/pointless thread

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not going to lie, it's pretty sexy :wubbie:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think someone is confused. TJs tend to only turn to Fe to harass, annoy, or trick/trap others. Like an ISTJ might lecture you about being tacky and improper in the middle of an argument or nervous breakdown, but in a state of calm centeredness they'd find Fe oppressive coming from others, and may even shut down into a defensive Fi mode in the face of being overwhelmed by it, but usually will try to logically deconstruct it. Or if they do agree its for pragmatic reasons. An IxTJ may appear to use Fe to try to "look classy" but its for their own Fi motive of being perceived as made of win, not because they actually care about social norms in and of themselves.

A TJ might let out their Fi gooey center, at which point they may look and/or sound like an FP in the depths of empathetic feeling. Because it will be under rare circumstances, come across as almost awkwardly authentic, and may involve statements like "I can relate to that feeling. I wouldnt want to feel that way. Ive gone through something similar" and sometimes even make statements that sound a great deal like IxFP adolescent poetry. Its very endearing.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dr Phil is a good example of TJ who uses Fe, I think.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If they use it at all, I don't think TJ types use much Fe. Even if they did, it wouldn't be very effective - sort of what Marm said. So, if people think an IxTJ is using Fe, they are probably mistaken.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If they use it at all, I don't think TJ types use much Fe. Even if they did, it wouldn't be very effective - sort of what Marm said. So, if people think an IxTJ is using Fe, they are probably mistaken.
Yes, when it is important to us, we can simulate Fe using a combination of our other functions, but it isn't genuine Fe at all. We simply learn the patterns of what others expect, how A generally leads to B interpersonally, and employ them when needed to get what we want.

I for one have very little patience with Fe-driven behavior, and find Te will get me to the same result 90% of the time.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe you guys are funny.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
but it isn't genuine Fe at all. We simply learn the patterns of what others expect, how A generally leads to B interpersonally, and employ them when needed to get what we want.

This is my observation of TJs as well. :yes:

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Boogeyman? If you are over age five, that shouldn't work any more.

G

garbage

With respect to cognitive functions and their use, I personally subscribe to the "looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, probably is a duck and who the hell cares if it isn't actually a duck, really" theory.

That said, what prompted this thread? Now I'm all hot and bothered curious. :popc1:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Great thread idea, [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION]! :)
Fe Fi fo fum
I love that everyone's talking about the Boogeyman, and then you post this! :laugh: Good timing, earthtrekker.
Yes, when it is important to us, we can simulate Fe using a combination of our other functions, but it isn't genuine Fe at all. We simply learn the patterns of what others expect, how A generally leads to B interpersonally, and employ them when needed to get what we want.
This rings true for me, from my personal experience. (Edit: And it is extremely well phrased! Coriolis, I think you're getting a reputation on this forum for articulating everything the reasonable TJs on the forum want to say, but can't. :) Nice work.) But an additional factor in my case, due to my 2 wing, is that I'll simulate Fe to make people like me.

Which leads me to a question, for anyone who can answer: If you're a TJ 2, or a TJ with a 2 wing, are you using Fe? 2 (and 2 wing) behavior blends so much with Fe that I'm not sure if they're even distinct at all, let alone how they're distinct.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With respect to cognitive functions and their use, I personally subscribe to the "looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, probably is a duck and who the hell cares if it isn't actually a duck, really" theory.
It seems lots of people share your perspective. That is why our ersatz Fe can be so successful.

That said, what prompted this thread?
Someone is trying to peek behind the curtain.

O-Ee-Yah! Eoh-Ah!

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Which leads me to a question, for anyone who can answer: If you're a TJ 2, or a TJ with a 2 wing, are you using Fe? 2 (and 2 wing) behavior blends so much with Fe that I'm not sure if they're even distinct at all, let alone how they're distinct.
I don't think 2 automatically means Fe. There are ISFPs and INFPs who are 2s.