• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Like my new diggs?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My best friend surprised me today and told me she discovered MBTI. (Nevermind the fact that I've talked about it a thousand times, which she's ignored :rolleyes:)

Anyways, this girl knows me better than I know myself and after meticulously reading all the descriptions she says that the ESFP description fits me more than any other one, but that I'm not that much of an extrovert nor want to be the center of attention. She thinks I'm nothing like the ISFP description at all but more like a combination of ESFP and ISFJ descriptions. She says everything except the extroverted materialistic parts of ESFP description applies to me, along with some parts of the ISFJ description (like needing to be needed etc.) SF is still the two strongest letters and borderline on the other two.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see that. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well hello dere.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
along with some parts of the ISFJ description (like needing to be needed etc.)
Your a 2, right? That could explain it. Have you tried any cognitive function tests?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I find myself compelled to rock my head in unison with the bird in your avatar.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ya I am also borderlined on one but not two of my letters, the S Vs. N, but the below forum made me decide INTP:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/54894-5w6-istp-vs-5w4-intp.html

Fair enough.

Your a 2, right? That could explain it. Have you tried any cognitive function tests?

I am and I have.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/38221-cognitive-function-results-isfjs.html
Confirms my :heart: for you.

*slurp*

:heart:

The guilt is kicking in though. I don't know if I can leave the SJs! This is my home. :puppy_dog_eyes:

I find myself compelled to rock my head in unison with the bird in your avatar.

Totally. Do it right now. It's madness!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what worries me is that you drastically changed your avatar to what is more in harmony with what your new type would have. in addition, your type letters aren't all the same cap size, so you don't seem too convinced of ESFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see much ESFP at core, but hey, whatever.
I'm giving up typing people I don't know IRL for Lent.
Or Memorial Day.
Or 2012 Year of Our Destruction as a Species.
Or something.

Hey, enjoy your new diggs!

what worries me is that you drastically changed your avatar to what is more in harmony with what your new type would have. in addition, your type letters aren't all the same cap size, so you don't seem too convinced of ESFP.

That worries you?
It's just MBTI, not cancer. ;)

People need to explore.
If she wants to explore it in terms of better understanding herself, even if she might not always head in the direction others think is right, she might as well. The journey is part of the process.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oddly, it stresses me out a bit when people I've chatted with, etc and feel more of a connection with change their type. ;)

I think I'd have a hard time thinking of you as other than ISFJ...BUT...I'd also say you should explore whatever works best for you.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So long as giggly remains giggly, all shall be right in the universe :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I speak for pretty much all the SJs when I say that we'll always be glad to have you around. :)

Thank you. :)

To be accurate, I've had this avatar before, maybe you don't remember. And, I changed it this time before I changed my type to ESFP. The E and P are my weakest letters. I could easily be iSFj too but my friend thought I was more eSFp than iSFj. I don't really know though.

Oddly, it stresses me out a bit when people I've chatted with, etc and feel more of a connection with change their type. ;)

I think I'd have a hard time thinking of you as other than ISFJ
...BUT...I'd also say you should explore whatever works best for you.

I know the feeling.

Thanks. I'm definitely still the same person no matter what the letters say. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, even though I still think I'm eSFp I'm going back to iSFj because I miss those letters by my name. :cry:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about SeFi suited you over SiFe? Was it based purely on what your friend said or did you also do some research for yourself?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about SeFi suited you over SiFe?

I underlined the things in the two descriptions that fit me and made comments in bold after it.

ESFP

As an ESFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit with your personal value system.
I do this A LOT.

ESFPs live in the world of people possibilties. They love people and new experiences. They are lively and fun, and enjoy being the center of attention. They live in the here-and-now, and relish excitement and drama in their lives.

I do love people and new experiences but I can get overwhelmed with too many possibilities and I don't like being the center of attention in groups but don't mind it one-on-one. I'm not a fan of being involved in negative drama either but I like positive drama.

ESFPs have very strong inter-personal skills, and may find themselves in the role of the peacemaker frequently. Since they make decisions by using their personal values, they are usually very sympathetic and concerned for other people's well-being. They're usually quite generous and warm. They are very observant about other people, and seem to sense what is wrong with someone before others might, responding warmly with a solution to a practical need. They might not be the best advice-givers in the world, because they dislike theory and future-planning, but they are great for giving practical care. This is spot on.

ESFP is definitely a spontaneous, optimistic individual. They love to have fun. Yes, yes I do.
If the ESFP has not developed their Thinking side by giving consideration to rational thought processing, they tend to become over-indulgent, and place more importance on immediate sensation and gratification than on their duties and obligations. They may also avoid looking at long-term consequences of their actions.

For the ESFP, the entire world is a stage. They love to be the center of attention and perform for people. They're constantly putting on a show for others to entertain them and make them happy. I've been told that I do this a lot and naturally but it's not deliberate and I would strongly balk at the idea of someone asking me to entertain them (because I'm not a clown).
They enjoy stimulating other people's senses, and are extremely good at it. I do enjoy that immensely but I don't know if others think I'm good at it though.
They would love nothing more than for life to be a continual party, in which they play the role of the fun-loving host.

ESFPs love people, and everybody loves an ESFP. One of their greatest gifts is their general acceptance of everyone. They are upbeat and enthusiastic, and genuinely like almost everybody. An ESFP is unfailingly warm and generous with their friends, and they generally treat everyone as a friend. True.
However, once crosesed, an ESFP is likely to make a very strong and stubborn judgment against the person who crossed them. They are capable of deep dislike in such a situation. Also true.

The ESFP under a great deal of stress gets overwhelmed with negatives thoughts and possibilities. As an optimistic individual who lives in the world of possibilities, negative possibilities do not sit well with them. In an effort to combat these thoughts, they're likely to come up with simple, global statements to explain away the problem. These simplistic explanations may or may not truly get to the nature of the issue, but they serve the ESFP well by allowing them to get over it.
Very true.

ESFPs are likely to be very practical, although they hate structure and routine. They like to "go with the flow", trusting in their ability to improvise in any situation presented to them. They learn best with "hands-on" experience, rather than by studying a book. They're uncomfortable with theory. If an ESFP hasn't developed their intuitive side, they may tend to avoid situations which involve a lot of theoretical thinking, or which are complex and ambiguous. For this reason, an ESFP may have difficulty in school. On the other hand, the ESFP does extremely well in situations where they're allowed to learn by interacting with others, or in which they "learn by doing".

Definitely.

ESFPs have a very well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty, and an excellent sense of space and function. If they have the means, they're likely to have to have many beautiful possessions, and an artfully furnished home. In general, they take great pleasure in objects of aesthetic beauty. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the finer things in life, such as good food and good wine.

I do love food for sure! I like aesthetic beauty too but I find it more entertaining than so much of a strong of a driving force for me or if it's that important to me, I'm unaware of it.
The ESFP is a great team player. He or she is not likely to create any problems or fuss, and is likely to create the most fun environment possible for getting the task done.
It's true that I like this, but I generally object to being the leader of a group so much that I will avoid trying to manipulate the environment.
ESFPs will do best in careers in which they are able to use their excellent people skills, along with their abilities to meld ideas into structured formats. Since they are fast-paced individuals who like new experiences, they should choose careers which offer or require a lot of diversity, as well as people skills. I actually don't like this.

ESFPs usually like to feel strongly bonded with other people, and have a connection with animals and small children that is not found in most other types. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the beauties of nature as well.
This is definitely true for me.

The ESFP has a tremendous love for life, and knows how to have fun. They like to bring others along on their fun-rides, and are typically a lot of fun to be with. They're flexible, adaptable, genuinely interested in people, and usually kind-hearted. They have a special ability to get a lot of fun out of life, but they need to watch out for the pitfalls associated with living entirely in the moment. I think this is true too but I need some time alone probably just as much.

ISFJ

As an ISFJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you takes things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system.

ISFJs live in a world that is concrete and kind. They are truly warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best of people. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people's feelings. People value the ISFJ for their consideration and awareness, and their ability to bring out the best in others by their firm desire to believe the best.
Yes, this is true.

ISFJs have a rich inner world that is not usually obvious to observers. They constantly take in information about people and situations that is personally important to them, and store it away. This tremendous store of information is usually startlingly accurate, because the ISFJ has an exceptional memory about things that are important to their value systems. It would not be uncommon for the ISFJ to remember a particular facial expression or conversation in precise detail years after the event occured, if the situation made an impression on the ISFJ.
People often tell me that they are surprised by my thoughts or feelings and I never really understand why they are surprised! I realize that there is some sort of disconnect there.

ISFJs have a very clear idea of the way things should be, which they strive to attain. They value security and kindness, and respect traditions and laws. They tend to believe that existing systems are there because they work. Therefore, they're not likely to buy into doing things in a new way, unless they're shown in a concrete way why its better than the established method.
I do like tradition and some routines but if there is a much better way I will definitely go with that. I will invite a new experience if it doesn't seem like it's inferior to the routine experience, which sometimes new experiences fail to prove to be not inferior.

ISFJs learn best by doing, rather than by reading about something in a book, or applying theory. For this reason, they are not likely to be found in fields which require a lot of conceptual analysis or theory. They value practical application. Traditional methods of higher education, which require a lot of theorizing and abstraction, are likely to be a chore for the ISFJ. The ISFJ learns a task best by being shown its practical application. Once the task is learned, and its practical importance is understood, the ISFJ will faithfully and tirelessly carry through the task to completion. The ISFJ is extremely dependable. I am bored with theory and too much abstractness but I can do it for a little while.

The ISFJ has an extremely well-developed sense of space, function, and aesthetic appeal. For that reason, they're likely to have beautifully furnished, functional homes. They make extremely good interior decorators. This special ability, combined with their sensitivity to other's feelings and desires, makes them very likely to be great gift-givers - finding the right gift which will be truly appreciated by the recipient. I've given some fabulous gifts but I've seen better in my friend so I know there's room for improvement here.

More so than other types, ISFJs are extremely aware of their own internal feelings, as well as other people's feelings. They do not usually express their own feelings, keeping things inside. This is probably the most true statement of all for me.
If they are negative feelings, they may build up inside the ISFJ until they turn into firm judgments against individuals which are difficult to unseed, once set. Many ISFJs learn to express themselves, and find outlets for their powerful emotions. If I'm comfortable with the person who offended me I will express my feelings to them. If I'm not, then I won't.

Just as the ISFJ is not likely to express their feelings, they are also not likely to let on that they know how others are feeling. However, they will speak up when they feel another individual really needs help, and in such cases they can truly help others become aware of their feelings.
Definitely.
The ISFJ feels a strong sense of responsibility and duty. They take their responsibilities very seriously, and can be counted on to follow through. For this reason, people naturally tend to rely on them. The ISFJ has a difficult time saying "no" when asked to do something, and may become over-burdened. In such cases, the ISFJ does not usually express their difficulties to others, because they intensely dislike conflict, and because they tend to place other people's needs over their own. I don't like conflict but I have learned how to say no as I get older. The ISFJ needs to learn to identify, value, and express their own needs, if they wish to avoid becoming over-worked and taken for granted.

ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right". So very true and I hate this.

The ISFJ is warm, generous, and dependable. They have many special gifts to offer, in their sensitivity to others, and their strong ability to keep things running smoothly. They need to remember to not be overly critical of themselves, and to give themselves some of the warmth and love which they freely dispense to others. I agree with this too.

BlackCat said:
Was it based purely on what your friend said or did you also do some research for yourself?

I always related to aspects of both, which is why I was always confused, but my friend knows me really really well and notices a lot of things about people that I don't, so that's why I put so much value on what she said.

A

Anew Leaf

Quoted for absolute truth.

:)

[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION], I don't know if seeing your type for so long has clouded my judgement of you... But I really think you are ISFJ. However, as so many people have said... It doesn't change how awesome and special and loving you are. And what a wonderful example you are going out into the world. You are a credit to that which has come before you on so many levels.