• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ever been door slammed by an ISFJ?

R

Riva

Oh I love ISFJs. Unlike INFJs you could beg and beg and crawl back to them and sooner or later they would forgive you. And beg and crawl I always do when it comes to ISFJs, especially females.

So have you ever been door slammed by an ISFJ? Or have you (ISFJ) ever doorslammed anyone for good?

From what I have noticed is that ISFJs are way more forgiving than INFJs. Is it a functional factor? But how could it be? Isn't Si what would plague one more for the wrong doings done to one/them by another?

R

Riva

Me as an ENTP has never door slammed another. There are people that I know that I would love to impale while singing and dancing to 'Bad' by Michael Jackson. But even these people I tend to associate (at arms length) and sometimes even help. At the same time I would have it at the back of my mind to punish them. But never do I door slam. What's the use of door slamming I would think to myself, without even knowing that I am thinking it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes Si can focus more on the good times than the bad times (assuming there were authentic good times). Combine that with bleeding heart Fe and that results in forgiveness.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep. For good and forever.

R

Riva

Yep. For good and forever.

Shuttup Mac, we know you are a gigantic INTP nerd.

Edit - Oh wait! You probably meant you were door slammed 'for good and forever'. Well I am sorry to hear that.

Hmmm.....

I just remember crawling to an INFJ begging and been forgiven. She didn't door slam me though. Was just livid.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] if I think someone has a good intentions and cares I will forgive them if they come back. If I think someone doesn't really care, or worse, is set on doing me or my loved ones harm, I will door slam them.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just door slammed someone....dunno if it will be for good though

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it doesn't exist conceptually the same way that NFJ doorslam does (if that one even exists, either)...

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've witnesses some serious ISFJ door slam. It's not undertaken at all lightly, which I guess is why people perceive them as being quite forgiving. Often they talk tough but in the end will forgive the person. However, there is a line and once it's crossed, all bets are off. You should see the way my ISFJ mum has door slammed my sister's (major asshole of a) ex-boyfriend - he's terrified of her. :laugh:

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've only door slammed once. I didn't feel like it was satisfactory, just adding salt to the wound. I have punched and broken many things in anger, but never in front of the person. There's something more satisfying in releasing pain through some spontaneous action of destruction(immediate but temporary result of unexplainable frustration) and feeling that little bit of physical pain (knuckles hurt, but strangely felt good).

But those times were in the past, and I'm much too calm and laid back now to cause unnecessary damage to myself physically. Not to mention the mental influence or habit that I don't want to start.

I still think about it though when I'm at my worst, but confrontation these days is easier with just doing it at the time and I just don't want to have to wait to solve a problem(less patient these days to wait for others to confront me) I see is going to inhibit my productivity in the near future.

It also helps that I'm physically fit. The person (much bigger than me) I've had most problem in the past with knows I'm rather reserved and I like to keep my composure, even when I'm obviously enraged about something. After a final confrontation(in which I had set up a private lunch meet to discuss our personal issues) I was told that I was rather intimidating:shrug: and so they didn't want to initiate any solution other than just "hoping the problem would just fade away".

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it doesn't exist conceptually the same way that NFJ doorslam does (if that one even exists, either)...

xNFJ's that tend to doorslam do leave the door open for people who knock "the right way".

I have a bit of a "doorslam, but don't lock it and keep listening through the door" policy.

That said, the guard doesn't go down again though - and my relationships where I have allowed people back in were never the same again, because the potential of something possibly going wrong again in the future always remains.