• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xSTJ hipsters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Hipsters are giant douchebags who are, almost by definition, inauthentic.

I don't find this crosses over very well into TJ territory.

Perhaps more for ETJs, but, even then...

But with ITJs, not really.

Some of us might have eclectic taste, but we almost unanimously hate hipsters.

I find this OP rather odd... are you asking because you're looking for an STJ hipster, or you think you may have found one?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, I've never met anyone who actually does what your definition of a "real hipster" does. Most of the hipster people I know have that nihilistic attitude which manifests in completely insincere cultural references, but I don't think they're doing it to be cool and detached. I DO think some might look down on a sort of artistic sincerity, though. I might be guilty of this--I was kind of shocked at how honest and earnest non-postmodern literature was after not reading it for a while.
I guess I associate that insincerity with being detached. Sincerity means believing in something, which means being attached to something emotionally. You don't need to be attached to anything if you just sit back and make snide comments from your lofty hipster pedestal -- especially if you're mocking them for having any of those sincere attachments at all! (Which hipsters seem wont to do.)
And I've never met anyone who ACTUALLY dislikes bands because they're mainstream and likes bands because they're not. I really think that's a pretty cynical way of looking at it.
I have met one of those people, and he was obnoxious as hell! When asked why he felt that way, he went off on this pseudo-intellectual-poser-Marxist spiel about how "art is a commodity". :doh:
Yeah, I take back what I said. Hipster isn't a good way to describe it. Pretentious, maybe. Though frequently pretentious people like hipster art because they want to be seen as having good taste.
Ok, I guess this makes sense, especially in light of [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION]'s post. But I think an STJ would have to be pretty insecure, to want to act like that, since I agree with [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] that healthy STJs aren't naturally prone towards that level of fakery.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other types of hipsters are so mainstream.

Sunny Ghost

Hipsters are giant douchebags who are, almost by definition, inauthentic.

I don't find this crosses over very well into TJ territory.

Perhaps more for ETJs, but, even then...

But with ITJs, not really.

Some of us might have eclectic taste, but we almost unanimously hate hipsters.

I find this OP rather odd... are you asking because you're looking for an STJ hipster, or you think you may have found one?

Odd? I was just curious. Wasn't sure if I had ever seen one. I have since met an ISTJ hipster. As well as dated an INTJ hipster. Though he would never call himself one. :newwink: