• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's .. Your space

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hello my lovelies ..

I am currently reading an amazing book (surprise surprise) and one question which was posed is something i wanted to bring here and ask you guys.

So .. If i were to come into your home and look around in the space(s) you occupy the most, what would i see around me which encapsulates what you hold dear.
For example someone who enjoyed their career as a surgeon may surround their space with medical journals, important ancient medical contraptions etc.

In my case you'd see in my living room miniature buddha's, candles, crystals, disorganised chaos around my bookcase, books on multiple subjects and in my bedroom you'd see a minimalist space with no electronics apart from my kindle, my love of pretty scarves, posters on cosmic ordering and chakra crystals, my angel/tarot cards taking pride on my cabinet and post-it notes on the side of my wardrobe so when i wake i can not help but see little quotes of inspiration.

So i believe from the above i find spiritualism, mental skill acquisition and an outlet for self expression important.

So how about you?

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohh wow... A lot of books from the Air Force Press. I have shelves of them. Along with a lot of clothes from the Air Force.
So my past military background and interest in leadership development might show just a little bit. Besides that, you'll find my Bible and books on doctrine.
I don't really have a lot of things in my room. The rest of my stuff probably displays that I have had a smattering of interests from psychology to amateur radio, reading to nerdy things like magic the gathering. And legos.. a lot of legos.

Besides that, I actually have nothing in my room. I have a bookshelf, and then totes of legos that I haven't played with in years.

I don't know what all that says.. My mind is apparently jumbled and I can't remember what words I'm thinking of to describe the above. It's driving me nuts and I need to just forget it. However, I've written this so I might as well post it. ;/

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread should be for everybody!!!!!!
(Wants to steal the SJ's one thread.) You SJ's hate sharing, don't you?
:sadbanana:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are so few of us... We get a little territorial. :peepwall:

(You can post here if you want though :))

As for my space... since I live in a dorm now, I can't really say that my space represents me as well as I would like, since there's only so much self-expression you can do via interior design without replacing furniture, painting the walls, hanging picture frames, etc. But here are some of the things that you'd see in my dorm:

- Textbooks, sci-fi collections, history books, graphic novels, blank notebooks, sketchbooks, art books, books on religion, books on knitting... books books books.
- Posters, flyers, postcards, and paper representations of anything and everything that I'm interested in, mostly movies, TV shows, music, and comic books. (I wouldn't put nearly so much stuff up on my walls if I could paint them... Nothing annoys me quite as much as a plain white wall with nothing on it.) Around my desk, I put postcards that my parents sent me from back home, with the text facing out, so I can read them and smile.
- Knitting things all over the place; yarn in a paper bag on the floor of my dorm room, knitting project by the couch, knitting needles under the bed.
- Prescription glasses/sunglasses, cases for them, and cleaning materials, all in awkward places in and around my desk. Their lack of a "place" is probably an accurate representation of my difficulty accepting the fact that I need glasses... lol.
- Cut-out pages from various Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters catalogs, each one of a stylish and luxurious bedroom (that I would rather be in, than be in my dorm bedroom). They are my interior design equivalent of the photos of sunny beaches that some people put in their cubicles at work.
- My closet has no door on it, so when you walk into my dorm you will see pretty much all of my clothing -- color-wise, it's a lot of dark gray, with smatterings of red, green, blue, and purple. Cardigans, blouses, and scarves. TONS of scarves. Too many scarves!

Can't think of anything else at the moment... but I could probably ramble on about everything I own, in a similar fashion :laugh:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really do this whole "this thing represents who I am" thing, but...

I have a lot of books on astronomy and physics. There's also a fully annotated-by-me copy of the Iliad (the translation I have by Stanley Lombardo is the best book I have ever read).
There's a Latin-English dictionary and a folder full of translations. Lots and lots of poetry I wrote in Latin, much of it unfinished.
My closet is divided into three sections, but in those sections it is unorganized.
On top of one of my bookshelves, there is memorabilia, on another is a radio, and another has a ton of stuffed animals.
There's a camera bag containing about $1000 dollars worth of equipment.
I have squishy balls so I don't mess with other stuff.
There's a bag for ballet and it has a dance journal in it.

The conclusion you could draw from this is that I am a total NERD. Who is a bit figety and has some other random hobbies.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Keep them coming guys :D

Ohh wow... A lot of books from the Air Force Press. I have shelves of them. Along with a lot of clothes from the Air Force.
So my past military background and interest in leadership development might show just a little bit. Besides that, you'll find my Bible and books on doctrine.
I don't really have a lot of things in my room. The rest of my stuff probably displays that I have had a smattering of interests from psychology to amateur radio, reading to nerdy things like magic the gathering. And legos.. a lot of legos.

Besides that, I actually have nothing in my room. I have a bookshelf, and then totes of legos that I haven't played with in years.

I don't know what all that says.. My mind is apparently jumbled and I can't remember what words I'm thinking of to describe the above. It's driving me nuts and I need to just forget it. However, I've written this so I might as well post it. ;/

Cool. I find lego to be theraputic.

I put it here for a reason ;)
But then since when did anyone really care about a topic of interest only being in one section. A lot of people reply to threads while paying no attention to who it's directed to, myself included. If you want to post here, then do so :hug:

There are so few of us... We get a little territorial. :peepwall:

(You can post here if you want though :))

As for my space... since I live in a dorm now, I can't really say that my space represents me as well as I would like, since there's only so much self-expression you can do via interior design without replacing furniture, painting the walls, hanging picture frames, etc. But here are some of the things that you'd see in my dorm:

- Textbooks, sci-fi collections, history books, graphic novels, blank notebooks, sketchbooks, art books, books on religion, books on knitting... books books books.
- Posters, flyers, postcards, and paper representations of anything and everything that I'm interested in, mostly movies, TV shows, music, and comic books. (I wouldn't put nearly so much stuff up on my walls if I could paint them... Nothing annoys me quite as much as a plain white wall with nothing on it.) Around my desk, I put postcards that my parents sent me from back home, with the text facing out, so I can read them and smile.
- Knitting things all over the place; yarn in a paper bag on the floor of my dorm room, knitting project by the couch, knitting needles under the bed.
- Prescription glasses/sunglasses, cases for them, and cleaning materials, all in awkward places in and around my desk. Their lack of a "place" is probably an accurate representation of my difficulty accepting the fact that I need glasses... lol.
- Cut-out pages from various Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters catalogs, each one of a stylish and luxurious bedroom (that I would rather be in, than be in my dorm bedroom). They are my interior design equivalent of the photos of sunny beaches that some people put in their cubicles at work.
- My closet has no door on it, so when you walk into my dorm you will see pretty much all of my clothing -- color-wise, it's a lot of dark gray, with smatterings of red, green, blue, and purple. Cardigans, blouses, and scarves. TONS of scarves. Too many scarves!

Can't think of anything else at the moment... but I could probably ramble on about everything I own, in a similar fashion :laugh:

Wooo. If i were to walk into your dorm room, i'm not sure what my eyes would rest on first. Interesting though :)

I don't really do this whole "this thing represents who I am" thing, but...

I have a lot of books on astronomy and physics. There's also a fully annotated-by-me copy of the Iliad (the translation I have by Stanley Lombardo is the best book I have ever read).
There's a Latin-English dictionary and a folder full of translations. Lots and lots of poetry I wrote in Latin, much of it unfinished.
My closet is divided into three sections, but in those sections it is unorganized.
On top of one of my bookshelves, there is memorabilia, on another is a radio, and another has a ton of stuffed animals.
There's a camera bag containing about $1000 dollars worth of equipment.
I have squishy balls so I don't mess with other stuff.
There's a bag for ballet and it has a dance journal in it.

The conclusion you could draw from this is that I am a total NERD. Who is a bit figety and has some other random hobbies.

That's OK. I'd probably sit on the floor by your bookcase anyway and flip through your physics books :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wooo. If i were to walk into your dorm room, i'm not sure what my eyes would rest on first. Interesting though :)
I think that's how my friends feel :laugh: And it's even worse in my room back home!

I'm looking forward to a time when I don't have to have all this junk lying around and stuck to everything, to feel like I'm in an environment that expresses who I am. But then again, I get the feeling that I'll never have a "minimalist" decorating aesthetic :laugh:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think that's how my friends feel :laugh: And it's even worse in my room back home!

I'm looking forward to a time when I don't have to have all this junk lying around and stuck to everything, to feel like I'm in an environment that expresses who I am. But then again, I get the feeling that I'll never have a "minimalist" decorating aesthetic :laugh:

Lol, as long as you can live with it comfortably then that's all that matters :)

Mia.

My ESTJ isn't much for clutter. He has only the practicalities such as snacks, water bottle, laptop and various tech stuff, and an Altoids tin collection in his area, everything neatly arranged. He's much neater than I am. :alttongue:

Sil

This is a test.
Where I currently live, my walls are bare and undecorated. I had planned to do some picture hanging at the behest of my ENFP relative, but forgot and haven't done anything since I first moved in. I don't notice.

I have some books on languages, some classic lit, a few obscure biographies and autobiographies, mostly on dead people from the early 20th century.

I have a corner where I keep all the slips of paper I write and draw on at work (it's my policy to keep anything I create).

There's a rug I bought...but I bought it because it was easy to clean. Didn't care about the design so much.

I have a desk. And a bed. And one of those electronic artist drawing tablets.

That's pretty much it. I guess if you saw my place (I rent a room in a house due to stupidly high cost of living where I am), you'd think very utilitarian. It's really more due to small space + uninterested in spending money on decorations.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My room and my stuff is super organized. I know where everything is. Since I used to live in a larger home and in my current home my room is smaller, some of my stuff is in a couple of boxes in my garage, but I can tell you what's in every box and know exactly where to find everything. And yes, I'm one of those people who makes their bed every morning, even though my parents never made me. :)

I have a lot of decorations on my wall. A few are posters that I've bought, but most of them are drawings or wall hangings my friends have made for me, keychains (again, most of them gifts), and a few sentimental items (like my full event pass badges from various conventions). Oh, and a latch hook of a unicorn that I made once. And a calendar.

My room is small but everything has its place. I also keep my fish in my room. He lives in a 5 gallon tank on an end table next to my bed. Despite his whole setup, even with the filter and heater, it actually doesn't take up too much room.

I have a TV that I used to keep on my desk along with my monitor. I recently ditched the monitor (a dinky little thing, 4:3 ratio) and started using my TV as the monitor instead (much better, 16:9). So I can't watch netflix while I browse websites now, but whatever. :)

Even my closet is organized. The one area that I'm terrible at is keeping my clothes put away, though. I don't have a lot of closet space, and no dresser (just some plastic drawers), and so usually my laundry just sits in the laundry basket until I pluck something out of it to wear.

You'd see lots of stuffed animals in my room (I looove them), LOTS of DVDs on my bookshelf, and a LOT of CDs (and only of Ayumi Hamasaki, no less! SO MANY of them!)

Sil

This is a test.
My room and my stuff is super organized. I know where everything is. Since I used to live in a larger home and in my current home my room is smaller, some of my stuff is in a couple of boxes in my garage, but I can tell you what's in every box and know exactly where to find everything. And yes, I'm one of those people who makes their bed every morning, even though my parents never made me. :)

I have a lot of decorations on my wall. A few are posters that I've bought, but most of them are drawings or wall hangings my friends have made for me, keychains (again, most of them gifts), and a few sentimental items (like my full event pass badges from various conventions). Oh, and a latch hook of a unicorn that I made once. And a calendar.

My room is small but everything has its place. I also keep my fish in my room. He lives in a 5 gallon tank on an end table next to my bed. Despite his whole setup, even with the filter and heater, it actually doesn't take up too much room.

I have a TV that I used to keep on my desk along with my monitor. I recently ditched the monitor (a dinky little thing, 4:3 ratio) and started using my TV as the monitor instead (much better, 16:9). So I can't watch netflix while I browse websites now, but whatever. :)

Even my closet is organized. The one area that I'm terrible at is keeping my clothes put away, though. I don't have a lot of closet space, and no dresser (just some plastic drawers), and so usually my laundry just sits in the laundry basket until I pluck something out of it to wear.

You'd see lots of stuffed animals in my room (I looove them), LOTS of DVDs on my bookshelf, and a LOT of CDs (and only of Ayumi Hamasaki, no less! SO MANY of them!)

What kind of fish?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What kind of fish?

Betta fish! He is my little baby (even though he's not a baby anymore ha). I've been keeping bettas for years now, but I think this one (named Jupiter) will be my last one. It's too traumatic when they grow old and die and my heart can't handle any more. :cry:

Sil

This is a test.
Betta fish! He is my little baby (even though he's not a baby anymore ha). I've been keeping bettas for years now, but I think this one (named Jupiter) will be my last one. It's too traumatic when they grow old and die and my heart can't handle any more. :cry:

I definitely understand. I've been keeping fish for about half a year and I just lost a betta. I moved recently, and it's been a struggle to keep the water conditions right. It always sucks, especially if they don't go naturally of old age. What kind of betta is he? And what are his colors?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I definitely understand. I've been keeping fish for about half a year and I just lost a betta. I moved recently, and it's been a struggle to keep the water conditions right. It always sucks, especially if they don't go naturally of old age. What kind of betta is he? And what are his colors?

Veil-tail betta, pic under the spoiler tag. :D

I've had him for a little over a year now. A few days ago he was sick, I was suspecting ich because he had a white spot, but I got some melafix (underdosed it though because it can be VERY strong) and within the same day I swear to god he was better, and the spot disappeared overnight. And his appetite came back immediately. :D

I also have a fish graveyard in my backyard. When my very first betta died, I found some strips of wood, painted them white, made a cross and put his name on it and marked his fish grave. I don't flush my babies. They're too important to me to flush & forget. :'(

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Forgot about this thread!

I'll reply later on -- when I get home and remind myself of how I've decorated things.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
if you come to my room:
I have a lot of Charles Dickens books
I have a lot of stuffed animals
I have a lot of religious devotional stuff.
I have a ton of notebooks where I wrote stories, songs, or artistic dabbles.
I have pets.
it is likely you may also find a stack of library books that are waiting to be read. and pens and pencils laying about. Also fan merchandise for my excessive fangirl spirit.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My room is either a complete disaster or impeccable. There's rarely a middle ground.

What you could tell about me from my room:
1. I LOVE turquoise. The décor's main theme is turquoise.
2. I like or want to travel: there's a definition of the word wanderlust hanging on the wall, and a picture of a city as well.
3. I play guitar (decorating with musical instruments ftw).
4. I really enjoy reading. One of the first comments I get when friends come over is "wow you've got a lot of books!" Most of them are fantasy, and one could also probably glean that I'm nostalgic as many of them are children's books.

That's about it, I think ... The rest of the apartment is boring 'cause my roommates aren't big into decorating. :(