• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ's being Sx

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've read that certain MBTI types tend to be certain enneagram types as well. Would that also be the case with instinctual stackings and do you think ISFJ are commonly Sx first?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Once upon a time I took a crack at tallying up peoples' types and their instinctual stackings. I found no meaningful correlations (though the sample was unavoidably small). The only thing I found is that across the board being Self-preservational is really common. :huh:

I think it makes sense, though. I think the instincts refer to something so different from what the rest of the enneagram does that I don't see why there'd necessarily be a relationship between the types.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read that certain MBTI types tend to be certain enneagram types as well. Would that also be the case with instinctual stackings and do you think ISFJ are commonly Sx first?

I do think certain MBTI types tend to be certain enneagram types. I think IxFJs are likely to be SO though.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Once upon a time I took a crack at tallying up peoples' types and their instinctual stackings. I found no meaningful correlations (though the sample was unavoidably small). The only thing I found is that across the board being Self-preservational is really common. :huh:

I think it makes sense, though. I the instincts refer to something so different from what the rest of the enneagram does that I don't see why there'd necessarily be a relationship between the types.

Hmmm, I see.

I do think certain MBTI types tend to be certain enneagram types. I think IxFJs are likely to be SO though.

I'm more certain of being Sx first than I am of my MBTI and enneagram type. I'm sort of curious now what other ISFJs are in terms of instinctual stackings. Too bad we don't have many on here. :(

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think it makes sense, though. I think the instincts refer to something so different from what the rest of the enneagram does that I don't see why there'd necessarily be a relationship between the types.

It seems to me like there would be a correlation between SO and Fe. That cold be completely wrong though.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems to me like there would be a correlation between SO and Fe. That cold be completely wrong though.

I have thought this too and I have often scored quite high on so - like, I've had test results of sp/so or so/sp. But I commonly identify the most with sp/sx descriptions, particularly for type 6 specifically.

I do have strong Fe, but actually, the recent thread on the social instinct convinced me more so that I probably have so-last; or, if it's possible, maybe I am very close on sx and so. The thing is, I am very concerned with dynamics between myself and individuals - extremely concerned with interpersonal relationships particularly where I have something long-standing already built up with a person - a friend, a family member, a significant other. I am very preoccupied with the balance between maintaining personal space and autonomy, and reaching out to others (which I see both as a responsibility and as something that can refresh me). And I would like to play my part in keeping things running smoothly and pleasantly for everyone.

BUT, I'm not much interested in group dynamics. I often find them rather silly a lot of the time. I tend to think of them in terms of people who want to create unnecessary drama, and who are insecure. I find office politics laughable and don't understand why people get so hung up on them. I've felt uncomfortable when I end up in social settings where there are cliques and hierarchies. I mean, I have a feeling I'm being left out and possibly looked down upon for that, but I'm not annoyed so much by not fitting in that well, I'm annoyed that this sort of social structure exists and that societal pressures are making me worry about it at all. It all makes me think of high school and I want to tell the people who really participate in it to grow up.

You could say I'm interested in group dynamics in that, if I notice someone in the group who seems shy and uncertain, I am likely to make an extra effort to draw them out and be friendly. But trying to dominate the group myself; or trying to ingratiate myself with the top dog; or trying to establish where I come in the hierarchy; or knowing who the top dog is at all - I just find this a waste of time, and frankly juvenile.

I'm not sure - it's possible I am misinterpreting what so is about. But that thread touched on a lot of this and it made me think more so than before that I probably really am sp/sx. (I'm definitely not sx-first, either.)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think that depends on the enneagram type. Certain enneagram types seem to "do better" with certain variants (meaning the variant isn't at odds with the enneagram type.) Could probably ask [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] if he is actually back on TypoC.

Though I'm not sure about [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION]'s testing.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION] , maybe Fe doms are SO first.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ here, and I tend to score as either an Sx/so or an So/Sx :shrug:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I haven't ever seen a stacking / type correlation analysis, and I haven't personally noticed any meaningful correlation between stacking and MBTI / socionics. There have been a good number of studies correlating MBTI to enneagram, though; 6w7 and 9w1 resulted as being the most likely e-types for ISFJs.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My ISFJ Mum is totally SP first - which covers the sort of 'nesting' side of ISFJs. I can't say if there is a dominant variant among the type, though. I would agree that SO correlates well with Fe, so it would make sense that Fe firsts are more likely to be them.

Snow Turtle

Most likely SP/SX here.

For the most part I think that Fe's behaviour when it comes to other people will naturally look like a Dominant-Auxillary SO individual. However I don't think there is any real correlation as such. It'll just manifest differently (Fe) depending on the instinctual variants or vice-versa if you want to see it that way.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] Not sure if there is a correlation as such. I think my ISFJ gf is SX/SO or SO/SX. I'm not 100% sure which.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see no reason why an ISFJ couldn't be sx first. Almost any JCF type can be matched with any enneagram type or instinctual varient.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just be sure not to be afraid of being sx. ^_^

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The ISFJ I dated was sx/so.

saskiazaaza

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No , I have ISFJ male friend who has So blind spot too. He is 9w1 SP/SX ( strong SP although ).
Although , he has Fe Aux too.But , he doesn't want into groups too much. And , he doesn't like talk too much. But , he has ability to read person gestures. Unlike, my sis who is ISFJ , she has SO variant.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who’s that ISFJ sx chick that used to post? Can’t remember her username but she looks like Aubrey Plaza