• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs who take drugs

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do SJ's who take drugs look like?

And for that matter, wouldn't a Sensor who chronically uses drugs ( like the hallucinogenic type) start taking on more intuitive qualities?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A hallucination is just a sensation, so I don't think that would make anyone more intuitive per se.

Weed might. :laugh:

But most of these drugs won't have a permanent psychological effect after being taken.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A hallucination is just a sensation, so I don't think that would make anyone more intuitive per se.

Weed might. :laugh:

But most of these drugs won't have a permanent psychological effect after being taken.

http://www.treatmentsolutionsnetwork.com/blog/index.php/2011/11/02/magic-mushroom-study/

"Researchers found that 60% of the 51 participants experienced a measurable personality change lasting at least a year because of the drugs. Participants became more open about their feelings, more imaginative, and more in tune to abstract ideas and aesthetics. Participants who underwent the personality change also felt a mystical experience from the hallucinogen, or “a sense of interconnectedness with all people and things accompanied by a sense of sacredness and reverence.”

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://www.treatmentsolutionsnetwork.com/blog/index.php/2011/11/02/magic-mushroom-study/

"Researchers found that 60% of the 51 participants experienced a measurable personality change lasting at least a year because of the drugs. Participants became more open about their feelings, more imaginative, and more in tune to abstract ideas and aesthetics. Participants who underwent the personality change also felt a mystical experience from the hallucinogen, or “a sense of interconnectedness with all people and things accompanied by a sense of sacredness and reverence.”

I knew it!

Thanks.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
That's one study, and we know that each study has at least one opposing study.

If you're looking to develop your intuitive side, I don't suggest using hallucinogens :p... I mean :D

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If you're looking to develop your intuitive side, I don't suggest using hallucinogens :p... I mean :D

okay, find one then :)

honestly, i think trying mushrooms once would be a good experience for a lot of people. not everyone, because you have to be in the right mental state. not to sound cliche, but it really can open your mind to certain ways of thinking. it's probably the only drug other than weed i'd recommend to anyone.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I've heard that a lot, and I don't doubt that drugs such as mushrooms can really change one's thinking and perception in an interesting and even desirable way. I still would never personally recommend anyone to start down the path of drug experimentation. That stuff has claimed too many victims.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm not looking to take drugs (if I do I'm doing them with [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] ) but I think Jimi Hendrix was a Sensor.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not looking to take drugs (if I do I'm doing them with [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] ) but I think Jimi Hendrix was a Sensor.

some of the people i know who are most into hallucinogens are ISFPs, which makes sense to me. (that's what i think jimi hendrix was too.)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
some of the people i know who are most into hallucinogens are ISFPs, which makes sense to me. (that's what i think jimi hendrix was too.)

Me too!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ESTJ I used to know (read: have a crush on) took a lot of drugs when he was younger. He is now a serious Christian, so he stopped the drugs in his late twenties or so.

He told me that it was largely part of a search for the meaning of life, and I pretty much believe him on that. Part of the reason I'm pretty sure he's ESTJ is that while he's not opposed to a bit of fun and hedonism - and presumably if he was taking drugs when younger he was even less opposed to it - it seems to be mostly in aid of brightening up his otherwise hyper-responsible workaholic life.

He can also come across as kind of ESTP-like when he's having fun, which I think is not uncommon for ESTJs, especially younger ones - but there is no doubt that he's TJ, I don't think he could possibly be anything else.

I know that the drugs affected his memory long-term - ie. he told me his memory was crap (he's probably forgotten my existence by now...) and it was often fairly obvious. I think that having done a lot of drugs when younger, and having been a punk/anarchist and a child of the 60s/70s and all that, may have made him look a bit more "intuitive" than he actually is. I mean, in terms of occasionally shooting off in cosmic directions in conversation, or the words he would choose, etc. I thought at first that he was INTJ or ENTJ, but I have very little doubt now that he's ESTJ.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My mum and sister are SJ's and i don't think neither have taken drugs. I (I am an SJ to you [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] ;)) have taken Cannabis, LSD and Speed in my younger days. When i had Sciatica previously the doctor gave me Tramadol and that shit was great, much to the annoyance of my ex as he thought i sounded like a heroin user when i spoke (I was out of my face, what would one expect, lol). I haven't taken anything recently though and have no intentions of doing so.

Last edited:

Unique

I know some SJs that are into mushrooms, possibly more so than N types

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would think SJs due to a more compulsive-obsessive nature would be more into neurotic habitual routines such as drugs.

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I would think SJs due to a more compulsive-obsessive nature would be more into neurotic habitual routines such as drugs.

Perhaps, but I also know SJs who are self disciplined enough to do it moderately and benefit from it creatively...

and as Unique has mentioned, I think psychedelics (more so shrooms) add or bring out their creative sides that they keep tucked underneath all that practicality.

I know that for some ISFJs it has helped with those self victimizing qualities and has inspired them to forgive themselves and others much more permanently, rather than building up a grudge later on.

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Perhaps type stays with you forever, perhaps it changes. When I was in high school, I tested consistently as an ISFJ. Now I test exclusively as an INFJ. My first pychedelic experience was with cannabis at age 16 or 17. It was a silly, paranoid experience. I did not understand what was happening. I remained only a very occasional weed-smoker.

On my 21st birthday, I tried LSD for the first time and it was an amazing experience. I have since experimented with LSD periodically . . . about two or three times a year. I feel like I need a break after intense psychedelic experiences. I feel like a big problem lots of individuals have with psychedelic experiences is that society offers them no coherent way of integrating the experience. They just go back to their daily lives without a change, but their psyche has been changed forever . . . often for the better, sometimes not. I have also experimented with DMT, called the Spirit Molecule. I recommend DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Straussman. See: http://www.amazon.com/DMT-Molecule-...9278/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334941725&sr=8-1

To answer the OP, I think psychedelic substances can open up intuitive pathways in the mind not easily accessible in the material world. In many ways, I think they helped me access and realize my intuitive potential. Our culture has so consistently ignored the way of the shaman, which is basically the way of intuition. I do not think drugs like cocaine, heroin, etc. do anything for intuitive tendencies. I think they diminish them.