• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Are ISTJ's insecure?

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Hi. I am very insecure. It has been one of the main causes of my major depression and anxiety for all my life. I think for some ISTJ's, they have such very high standards for everything and they are perfectionists that nobody and nothing can meet those standards, least of all themselves. ISTJ's are the ultimate practical people. They don't embellish themselves or disillusion themselves with false confidence or make up skills or strengths. They know what they are good at, but because even what they do, know and are does not meet their standards, this can lead them to become insecure and have a very low self-esteem. I also think it depends on life experiences. ISTJ's, from my experience of myself and other ISTJ's, value sincerity above most qualities. They will refuse to take compliments not just because they are modest and humble but because they truly do not believe them. So the only options are either another person brings them down and hurts them, or they give them a compliment, but because the ISTJ does not believe it for him/herself, that persons opinion is devalued. I hope this helps.