• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ males: How do you feel about INFJ women?

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Your type doesn't change. So, you can't change from an ESTJ to an INFJ. Not possible.

I think, considering how flexible the mind it, it's a little ridiculous to say that types can't change. It's uncommon certainly, but impossible? As I mentioned before that seems to me like one of those ignorant statements that is later to be found laughable like saying that south america and africa were never once connected or that the earth is flat.

I think this stuff can be very useful in relationships - understanding differences and that sort of thing. There's a lot more to people than their MBTI type though and it's dangerous to base too much on it.

Like I said before "I know type is not the end all and the be all of compatibility but it does have an impact."

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think, considering how flexible the mind it, it's a little ridiculous to say that types can't change. It's uncommon certainly, but impossible? As I mentioned before that seems to me like one of those ignorant statements that is later to be found laughable like saying that south america and africa were never once connected or that the earth is flat.

Actually, it isn't an ignorant statement. That's how the theory works. You temper or moderate preferences as you get older. You become more balanced. However, your type doesn't change. You can create a different theory but it won't be MBTI/Jungian Functions. It's not unusual for someone to have a hard time figuring out what their type is though.

Like I said before "I know type is not the end all and the be all of compatibility but it does have an impact."

You're right, it does have an impact. However, I'm with an ISFJ and according to the theory, we shouldn't be a great match. If you look at the functions in order, they are diametrically opposite.

INTJ is Ni, Te, Fi, Se, Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.
ISFJ is Si, Fe, Ti, Ne, Se, Fi, Te and then Ni.

If you look at any conversations on the forums, you'd find a lot of disparaging remarks on INTJ and ISFJ types together - especially from INTJs - but it does work - at least for me.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Actually, it isn't an ignorant statement. That's how the theory works. You temper or moderate preferences as you get older. You become more balanced. However, your type doesn't change. You can create a different theory but it won't be MBTI/Jungian Functions. It's not unusual for someone to have a hard time figuring out what their type is though.
That's how the theory works now at least. ;)

You're right, it does have an impact. However, I'm with an ISFJ and according to the theory, we shouldn't be a great match. If you look at the functions in order, they are diametrically opposite.

INTJ is Ni, Te, Fi, Se, Ne, Ti, Fe, Si.
ISFJ is Si, Fe, Ti, Ne, Se, Fi, Te and then Ni.

If you look at any conversations on the forums, you'd find a lot of disparaging remarks on INTJ and ISFJ types together - especially from INTJs - but it does work - at least for me.
I judge compatibilty off of personal experiences not how our functions match up.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I want to run my head towards a cement wall right now.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I don't even know where to start Re: OP.

yeah . . . it is pretty embarrassing . . .:S

like I said I would have deleted it but seeing how you can't delete threads I just left it as was.