• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
... What
I'm
supposed to contextualise almost one century's worth of political and social developments and explain with case examples into one Sitting?
HOW

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Dear translators,

Idgaf what language this was originally in and what Lyotard actually wrote, USE SOME FUCKING COMMAS. This sentence is barely grammatically acceptable, and hardly legible, which makes you a poor fucking piss poor excuse of somebody whose main (paid??) task is the realm of communication and language.

...Though also, my balls would shrivel up at the thought of trnalsating homi bhabha.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is there a record for longest amount of time an ESTJ spends in shadow INFP mode? Can someone give me a medal for it? It'd be nice to have a medal.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there a record for longest amount of time an ESTJ spends in shadow INFP mode? Can someone give me a medal for it? It'd be nice to have a medal.
🥇
Shadow-Fi Award
"You felt ALL the feels!"​

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
i just realised my 'gaydar' is accurate only because 'm fucking gay and its about a mode of relating that doesnt exist for hets

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i just realised my 'gaydar' is accurate only because 'm fucking gay and its about a mode of relating that doesnt exist for hets

So if somebody claims to be straight, but can point out the LGBT by sight, would you question their sexuality? :thinking:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
So if somebody claims to be straight, but can point out the LGBT by sight, would you question their sexuality? :thinking:

....... If they're looking at me with that intense flirting Gay (tm) look and they've pegged me for the gender they're supposed to not be interested in, then yes.

In reality, though, that's never gonna happen.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
....... If they're looking at me with that intense flirting Gay (tm) look and they've pegged me for the gender they're supposed to not be interested in, then yes.

In reality, though, that's never gonna happen.

Does TM mean To Me or TradeMark? :thinking:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
"freshly fallen snow looks like dusted sugar on a cake, don't you think?"

now this lighting, this scene, makes me think of that morning in rubashov's cell, with the same light and snow as described by koestler

koestler was definitely influenced by the linguistic turn, i think, like beckett was. the rhythm of the unnameable were amazing towards the end. ah, literature, so useless, so nerdy

- - - Updated - - -

SJs know how to relax and accommodate others.

no, we're only here for discipline and punishment

Metis

"freshly fallen snow looks like dusted sugar on a cake, don't you think?"

now this lighting, this scene, makes me think of that morning in rubashov's cell, with the same light and snow as described by koestler

koestler was definitely influenced by the linguistic turn, i think, like beckett was. the rhythm of the unnameable were amazing towards the end. ah, literature, so useless, so nerdy

That's pretty, whatever you mean by it.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
That's pretty, whatever you mean by it.

Koestler's Darkness at Noon was a story about a Bolshevik who was arrested in the Great Purge in the 30s and got put in solitary, subjected to interrogation, and made to admit things he didn't do. As he was about to be sentenced to death, he realised that the "grammatical I" exists. He comes to understand that the neglect of the "grammatical I" was the failure of the revolution.

It's beautifully written:

Perhaps later, much later, the new movement would arise—with new flags, a new spirit knowing of both: of economic
fatality and the “oceanic sense”. Perhaps the members of the new party will wear monks’ cowls, and preach that only
purity of means can justify the ends. Perhaps they will teach that the tenet is wrong which says that a man is the quotient of
one million divided by one million, and will introduce a new kind of arithmetic based on multiplication: on the joining of a
million individuals to form a new entity which, no longer an amorphous mass, will develop a consciousness and an
individuality of its own, with an “oceanic feeling” increased a millionfold, in unlimited yet self-contained space.​