• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder what would things be like if I stuck with my childhood dream of becoming a cartoonist.

I might have a chance of working with (or for) DC comics, as in Batman, because I could ask you for a recommendation.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am such a bad SJ at home but such a good SJ at work.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
i want to print this slide out and staple it to the forehead of everyone whose first response is "BUT SCIENCE!!!"

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
This may sound strange but I wonder about fly swatters and millenials. There was a time when the USA made excellent fly swatters using a soft rubber paddle that flexes (kind of like the soft rubber used in wrist watch bands), but it's been a very long time since we made a decent fly swatter. Today's swatters use a relatively rigid plastic for the paddle and aren't nearly as effective.

So do you millenials use fly swatters at all?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This may sound strange but I wonder about fly swatters and millenials. There was a time when the USA made excellent fly swatters using a soft rubber paddle that flexes (kind of like the soft rubber used in wrist watch bands), but it's been a very long time since we made a decent fly swatter. Today's swatters use a relatively rigid plastic for the paddle and aren't nearly as effective.

So do you millenials use fly swatters at all?

I used to, but I've found that taking a vacuum hose is more effective. Sucks them in if you get close enough, and you can catch them in midair when they try to fly away. That, or just plain simple ninja skills - clapping them out of the air with your bare hands.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to, but I've found that taking a vacuum hose is more effective. Sucks them in if you get close enough, and you can catch them in midair when they try to fly away. That, or just plain simple ninja skills - clapping them out of the air with your bare hands.

This post has all the potential of innovative marketing: "Dyson vacuum cleaners: Vacuum cleaner for humans. Harbinger of Death for flies."

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This post has all the potential of innovative marketing: "Dyson vacuum cleaners: Vacuum cleaner for humans. Harbinger of Death for flies."

I always knew I would make a good marketer, ever since my article "Top 10 Cutest Items in Neopia" was published in the Neopian Times.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yama said:
I used to, but I've found that taking a vacuum hose is more effective.

That's sounds like a lot of work. My Kenmore vacuum is about 30 lbs and the wands are heavy steel tubes.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's sounds like a lot of work. My Kenmore vacuum is about 30 lbs and the wands are heavy steel tubes.

It's not easy being a harbinger of death for an entire species of insects. Sacrifices have to be made. Families have to be torn apart.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think of attack on titan when ants raid my house. Thankfully that hasn't happened in a while.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lot of people don't realize that end-of-year charitable giving gets applied to the preceding year (December) vs. the subsequent year (January) depending on the postmark date of the envelope - not the date of the check.

Meaning: not only do people like me, who work in fundraising, know when you lie on your check, but your lie ends up doing absolutely no good.

I get a real sick sense of ESTJ 1 satisfaction from that. Good try, rulebreakers - you ain't gettin' past me.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Working alone can be great sometimes but 3 days is too long! I'm starting to get lonely in there!!! I keep wandering into main lab just to bask in the presence of other humans. :(

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Working alone can be great sometimes but 3 days is too long! I'm starting to get lonely in there!!! I keep wandering into main lab just to bask in the presence of other humans. :(

Wow, what an extrovert.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
6 Things That Happen When an ISTJ Falls for You

HOW DO WE EVEN GET LAID

ALSO

ACCURATE

4. We send mixed signals.

During the time of our deliberation, we may or may not exhibit the following behaviors:

Avoiding you. This could range from full-on panic and running in the opposite direction to seeming overly busy or preoccupied when you try to talk to us.
Prolonged eye contact to suss out the vibes (and because we probably read somewhere that we’re supposed to).
Saying hi to a mutual acquaintance you’re talking to while just barely acknowledging your presence.
Cornering you for slightly scripted conversation.
Complimenting you to other people (in your absence) to see if they offer any additional information.
Generally speaking, I will dismiss any signs of interest (which I have researched on the internet) as you just being friendly and polite. I tend to be attracted to people who are friendlier than me, so this is often a logical conclusion.​

god

so bad

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
good thing about fi

actually not giving a shit about something unless it violates your principles, and even then it’s like ‘fuck off don’t speak to me or my son’s son ever again’

bad thing about fi

has to google 'how to show emotional support'