• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
PEOPLE NEED TO EMAIL ME BACK RIGHT NOW OR SO HELP ME

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I really don't like the term "bleeding edge" because it doesn't make sense. Sure, "cutting edge" is cliche and you want a fresher term, but pick something that makes sense.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really don't like the term "bleeding edge" because it doesn't make sense. Sure, "cutting edge" is cliche and you want a fresher term, but pick something that makes sense.

Perhaps "haemorrhaging edge" is more to your liking?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Korvinagor said:
Perhaps "haemorrhaging edge" is more to your liking?

Good luck selling a product with a word that evokes hemorrhoids.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Other Side of Anne of Green Gables

On Anne’s first journey to Green Gables in the new TV show, she is still, as in the book, so overcome by the beauty of a drive thick with apple trees in bloom that she renames it “the White Way of Delight.” But in an invention of the show, she is also overcome by memories of being beaten by her former employer. The resulting seven-episode season, the first of a hoped-for five, all based on the first novel, is an amalgam of that which is expected from Anne Shirley (her buoyancy) and that which makes for prestigious television today (her depths).

Oh dear. It might be good; it might even be great, but I'm not watching this.... at least not for several years. It's mutilation of someone else's work, kinda like what Shymalon did with the Airbender film.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Judgmental – Opinions are opinions and facts are facts, and ISTJs are unlikely to respect people who disagree with those facts, or especially those who remain willfully ignorant of them.

...HOW IS SEPARATING OPINIONS FROM FACTS NOT UNIVERSALLY A REASONABLE THING?!??!?!??>!??!?? :doh:

Like SERIOUSLY!?? I can't believe it's so specific that it has become a type descriptor. This is ... absurd, honestly.

Now I GOTTA STOP before i spiral into honestly depressing questions about the state of human existence. :doh:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Judgmental – Opinions are opinions and facts are facts, and ISTJs are unlikely to respect people who disagree with those facts, or especially those who remain willfully ignorant of them.

Can't speak for other ISTJs but it's not a matter of not respecting people, it's not respecting their positions on that particular subject.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Mandarin Chinese is the most efficient language, grammatically speaking.

There's something about the speed of languages and the amount of meaning each syllable conveys, or so I've heard. Chinese associates a lot of meaning in one syllable, and as such is a relatively slower language. And Japanese syllables have much less meaning per syllable, and so speak much faster.

Or something like that. Interesting to think about.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've subconsciously picked up so many of my ISTJ's habits and mannerisms, ranging from verbal cues and gestures to the way I laugh.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Souplantation tips: wonton salad is delicious; caesar salad is almost as good; skip the spaghetti as it's bland. Clam chowder and chili are both decent. I was too full so I never got to the mac n cheese.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I really love outside xD im born to be a hobo

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hello I see the SJs are not being good SJs. GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ever accidentally press Ctrl + Alt + Down arrow key?