• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Good things?

BeBecky

MBTI Type
ISFJ
True. I guess I was thinking it of it as negative because if you get all these traits together in someone who isn't very well balanced, it doesn't seem to leave much room for fun. But you're right, they are good traits as long as they don't totally take over your life or something.

dancinglissa

MBTI Type
INFJ
I know some ISTJs. They're very hard workers, intelligent, but they still can have fun if they want to. They're not too rigid at all!

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
My ISTJ father has the following traits...

-Very dependable. If he says he's going to do something, he will do it. If he makes plans, he will honor them/

-Dark sense of humor... which makes him hilarious at times.

-Extremely intelligent. I cannot and now outright refuse to debate with him because I can never keep up with the factual information he throws at me. He's also really good with remembering details that nobody else pays attention to & tends to use them in debates. He is highly interested in a few subjects - mainly history, politics, and religion. I'd consider him an unofficial expert in these subjects as he knows them better than anyone else I know.

-Family oriented. We've had a few bumps along the way, but any distance I took from him has been MY decision. He has never shut me out & always been there when I came around after shutting him out. He values me as his daughter, despite not understanding me at all. I remember the last time I contacted him after a long time of not communicating. Sure he said his peace about the situation, but that was after he immediately welcomed me back into his life.

-He's a quiet guy, but can hold his own in conversation with close friends. He values his solitude, however, and takes daily hikes near his home to clear his head. He values "inner peace" highly and works to maintain it.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Sometimes I am IsTJ. It makes me very concious of where I am, my environment, and how I can react to it. I become quieter and more disciplined. People respect me immensely for being more "mature" than the others around me. This happens when I have an IsTJ phase.

The IsTJ that transfers to my InTJ is a strong sense of honor. I hesitate when I do not tell the truth (not when I omit), and I always keep a promise. It makes me even more ruthless than a normal INTJ.

littlemissgiggles

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
ISTJs are the best study buddies! They're highly focused, smart, and don't give up when they don't understand something. They work very hard but they can also be fun. My ISTJ friend and I complement each other well when we study: We bounce facts and ideas between us until we both understand everything and fill in the gaps in each other's notes. She's very polite and very dependable. Sometimes I wish she'd stand up for herself more, but she wants to avoid conflict with the people she cares about, and that's understandable, even if it means she sometimes gets the short end of the stick.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
What are some good things about ISTJs? Apparently I am one, and all I've found so far says that we're rigid, rulezy, serious, boring, super-organized, and hate everyone else who doesn't do things their way. I don't think I'm like that :cry: ...are there any good traits? Maybe I got that side of the deal ;)

i totally thought this was gonna be about martha stewart... i wonder what type she is?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
They actually do what they say they're going to do.

I highly respect this.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
OMG. I demand this doggy:

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
What are some good things about ISTJs? Apparently I am one, and all I've found so far says that we're rigid, rulezy, serious, boring, super-organized, and hate everyone else who doesn't do things their way. I don't think I'm like that :cry: ...are there any good traits? Maybe I got that side of the deal ;)

I have a cousin who I think is TOPS...she is ISTJ and married to an INTP with an INTJ son and an ISFP daughter...she handles all those personalities really well as far as I'm concerned...she's interested in knowing more about MBTI so that she can understand what she doesn't really get. She's SUPER intelligent and very broad in her interests...she is one of those S's who says...I MUST be an INTJ which is what she'd like to be..but she knows she's not. I always tell her there is NOTHING wrong with her type...she is one of the least boring people I know.

I know some pain in the butt ISTJ's just like I know pains in almost all the types.