• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Im ISTJ but...

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I've read this about ISTJ people

"The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others"

What do they mean with that??
I would say i empathyze easily, even easier with people i care...

I dont get it

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Empathize with a person, yes that's not related to type, but being aware of their feelings at any given moment is another matter.

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
there's a good chance you aren't an ISTJ as people incorrectly type themselves all the time because of how fallible the test is and because they only rely on the test to type themselves.

It says that because ISTJs are naturally Fe (extraverted feeling) inferior meaning they most likely would have that problem but an ISTJ with developed Fe probably would not.

Also there's a good chance you aren't an ISTJ as people incorrectly type themselves all the time because of how fallible the test is and because they only rely on the test to type themselves.

ISTJs have inferior Ne, not inferior Fe.

Anyway, I've come across more than one emotionally perceptive and empathic ISTJ in my life. My best friend is one of them. These things can be cultivated, even on supposedly infertile soil.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
maybe you're enneagram 2

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
maybe you're enneagram 2

I dont even know what is that, but im going to research.

I just say im ISTJ because of two things, the description is the more accurate i've read and i've done the test 2 or 3 times on different websites, asnwering slightly different questions but getting the same results.

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
giggly has a point though. the problems you're facing are more likely to be related to your enneagram type not your MBTI type.

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Just did the enneagram test, scored "6w5"

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Note the word 'Naturally'

Meaning, if just out the box you be bad with feelings. But nurture can make you one of the more Feely ISTJs.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
In your personal relationships - are you able to tell people that you love them? Or is that too scary to say?
If someone asks you to tell them how you feel - do you ignore the request because you get confused?
Do your ever have emotional outbursts because people push you too far to reveal yourself too soon?
Do you ever feel alone because you have purposely isolated yourself due to your inability to be directly sympathetic with people?

it's all very ISTJ.

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
In your personal relationships - are you able to tell people that you love them? Or is that too scary to say?
Not to a friend, but i guess i could to girlfriends.

If someone asks you to tell them how you feel - do you ignore the request because you get confused?
Depends on who is asking and what is troubling me

Do your ever have emotional outbursts because people push you too far to reveal yourself too soon?
Im not sure i understand this question

Do you ever feel alone because you have purposely isolated yourself due to your inability to be directly sympathetic with people?
Yes, sometimes

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your response format looks pretty ISTJ to me.

Question. Your answer.
Question. Your answer.
Question. Your answer.

If it were me, this style of being questioned / interviewed / interrogated works best. Ask me questions, and I could keep answering all day. Yet, when you start asking me to do the detective work, I don't know where to start. So much space to cover, who knows where it should start?