• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] What is an ESFJ like?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm curious, and I want to hear it from you. Not from someone speculating about you with some weird-ass theory. I would like to understand, and it would be great if you could tell me:

- How you think about important things to you?
- What is important for you?
- What's your opinion of novel or new things?
- How do you feel about people?
- What do you think your purpose is?

Or anything else you'd like to share. :) It would help me. Thanks so much. :hug:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm curious, and I want to hear it from you. Not from someone speculating about you with some weird-ass theory. I would like to understand, and it would be great if you could tell me:
- How you think about important things to you?
- What is important for you?
Not sure if I understand. It's really difficult to tell what isn't important and what isn't. Insignificant things can seem life threatening and extremely bad things can seem unimportant. Friends are important. Family is important (no matter how much they piss me off). Everything is groovy as long as they are happy, so something that is important to them suddenly becomes important to me.

- What's your opinion of novel or new things?
This is probably more related to the big 5 open to experience trait: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience
Personally, I am enthralled by new and exciting things. I have traveled a lot and I like to see and touch everything. I bungee jumped just to see what it was like and to prove that I could do it. I'm never doing it again, but it was still awesome. I think there are ESFJs on both ends of the spectrum with this.

- How do you feel about people?
Love people, but many of them are jerks. It's unfortunate because I want to like everyone, but it is impossible to please everyone. I try to focus on people that matter to me as a sort of cost-benefit optimization, but in doing so I end up ignoring a lot of people that should matter.

- What do you think your purpose is?
I'm living it up! That's a tough one. I could try to work my ass off and try to make as much money as I can and maybe bring some benefit to society, or I could descend into hedonism and make love to everything that walks. That is actually one of my greatest fears--not having purpose or value. I generally assume other people like to feel valuable as well, and I hate when people feel left out just because they're different or whatever.

sooo... I hope I helped :yes: