• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are SJs allowed to have pink hair?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If that is all real hair, this separation of colors is a bitch/damn near impossible to maintain. You can't shampoo all of your hair together or the darker color will bleed onto the pastel pink, making your hair a splotchy purple mess. You would literally have to separate the layers of color, shampoo them separately, and wash them in ICE COLD water to maintain crisp colors.

/Things learned from experience.

Yeah it may very well be a weave. I've had blue weaved into my hair once.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
what's a weave? (it sounds really interesting :laugh: )

It's something that is generally stereotyped with African American hair, but women with "white hair" get them sometimes for reasoning of things like color.

I would be very willing to bet the girl in that picture has naturally blonde hair dyed light pink with the darker pink weaved in.

Oh, it's a very arduous, slow, and painstaking process too. I only had it done once, never again. They literally have to sew or glue hair to your head, and it's a bitch to take out.

*did anyone else notice that I put "willing to bed the girl?" LMAO!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
what's a weave? (it sounds really interesting :laugh: )

The short version is, they braid your hair really close to your head, sort of like corn rows. They can then use the corn row as sort of an 'anchor' to weave fake hair through it. It's sort of just a way to tightly attach a wig to your head so that you can treat it like real hair and it won't come off. It looks quite real when done well.

It's very popular among black girls. Not so much with other ethnicities.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The short version is, they braid your hair really close to your head, sort of like corn rows. They can then use the corn row as sort of an 'anchor' to weave fake hair through it. It's sort of just a way to tightly attach a wig to your head so that you can treat it like real hair and it won't come off. It looks quite real when done well.

It's very popular among black girls. Not so much with other ethnicities.

so does that mean one's hair would have to be past shoulder length for it to work correctly?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Hang on, why can't SJ's have pink hair?

I've had pink, pastel pink, lilac, blue, silver, red, orange, salmon and various other shades.

HAIR IS A FREE FOR ALL.

Also, no, i didn't read the OP. I'm at work and being lazy. So this post may ACTUALLY be irrelevant.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
so does that mean one's hair would have to be past shoulder length for it to work correctly?

No, I'm pretty sure Paris Hilton had it done when her hair was super short.

Mine was long though. I just had color weaved in rather than actually extending the length, it gave me more volume, I suppose.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess

I don't think so. I mean, you need to have long enough hair to get a tight cornrow, but I think you can do that with medium length hair.

I found a good image. See how the hair is braided into circles? Thats the real hair being turned into a 'net' almost. The bottom picture shows them sewing a chunk of fake hair into the weave.

how-to-weave-1.jpg

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, no, i didn't read the OP. I'm at work and being lazy. So this post may ACTUALLY be irrelevant.

OH FINE. After your blew off my awesome shoes I posted for you. :p

And Elfboy, Britney Spears wears a weave to make her hair fuller-looking and maybe longer.

If I had to guess, I'd say a bunch of celebrities wear them, but it's a secret. Shhhhhhhhh!

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
OH FINE. After your blew off my awesome shoes I posted for you. :p

NOWAI!!!

I totally saw them, THEY WERE TEH AWESOMES.

I'm just lame at replying.

thaaaaaankk youuuuuuuu!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ooh i like vala's idea about lavender extensions... i've always wanted light blue streaks. extensions would be fun!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Jumped from page 1 to 8.

Babe .. Go for it and make a statement. And yes, you are allowed to have your hair pink ;)

As an ex SJ, i've had my hair black, blonde and red .. Like the idea of baby blue slices but think i may just go with blonde highlights.

Post pics when you've had it done .. I'm sure you'll look gorgeous.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
If I was a girl, I'd so highlight blue or pink.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's said that ISFJs often shy away from management positions, but I think many would be rather good at it if they are managing people who actually care about their work. they can use extraverted feeling to ask themselves "why is this person not motivated? what needs does this person have in order to perform most productively? how can I help this person enjoy his work more?" not all managers are ESTJ plantation owners lol

I think in general, the ISFJ just doesn't thrive being in that type of position. Not saying they aren't capable or that they wouldn't do a good job, but it's not really in line with what makes the ISFJ tick and feel energized.

But that was just my off-topic 2 cents. It served no point, really. You were right though in how an ISFJ would probably do a good job of detecting and being attune to people's needs which is an important trait. I just think in the context of the larger picture of managerial work, an ISFJ wouldn't be so happy there :)

I realize that these posts are off topic but I just wanted to briefly comment on them anyway:

You're actually both right. I am a residential property manager during the day. I have people that work under me (contractors, an office manager, various vendors) and I often have a lot more responsibility than I care for. Elfboy was correct in that a lot of the qualities that I have does serve me in that I've learned how to talk to people and get them to do the things that I need them to do (mostly, but not entirely).

That being said though, as Ignite pointed out, I have found that there are a lot of aspects about the job that aren't well suited for someone like me. I do find parts of it where I can shine but it's a job that has a lot of confrontation and a need for a heavy use of Te. I think an xSTJ would thrive much better than I have.

In spite of all of that though, I do like the job. I get to feel needed (as my owners depend on me) and while it does tax on me a little but, I also feel it has made me stronger in some respects as it's forced me to work on some of the weaker aspects of my personality. As such, I feel like I'm becoming a better person by becoming better at my job :D

To each their own. I felt hot with my hair like that, and I attracted men who seemed to like it.

I think it looked really good because I had it done professionally. I do not like the really severe half blonde/half black bro ho hair look, though, which is a more extreme and home grown version of that.

Marmie, sweetie, your hair would have just been one of the many reasons why men find you so irresistible ;)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do it.

I seriously regret not having done it when I was younger. I simply jumped into the corporate world at a pretty young age (while in school), so pink hair was always out of the question. I'm 22 now. I run a business, and due to extensively interacting with clients, I don't think pink hair would enhance my image, even though when I'm just in my office, I can dress however I please.

And now I'm getting too old to ever be able to dye my hair pink without seeming like I'm an overgrown kid. lol

(Damage isn't a concern, since my hair's already white blonde, I'd just be adding in color)

But you, you're in the perfect position to do whatever you want with your appearance, so long as you can undo it when the Financial District becomes your stomping ground. ;)

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
On topic, got my hair cut yesterday, and re-did the pink highlights. I am the proud owner of a hot pink faux-hawk.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On topic, got my hair cut yesterday, and re-did the pink highlights. I am the proud owner of a hot pink faux-hawk.

Lucky you! :)

I cannot believe this. ISTJs and ISFJs, being wilder than an ESTP! :steam:

lol

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Lucky you! :)

I cannot believe this. ISTJs and ISFJs, being wilder than an ESTP! :steam:

lol

Bah, I'm still in college. I can afford to fuck around. When I finish my Master's and head out to the real world... I'll be fixing my hair color and removing my eyebrow piercing.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bah, I'm still in college. I can afford to fuck around. When I finish my Master's and head out to the real world... I'll be fixing my hair color and removing my eyebrow piercing.

I'm still in college, too. Grr...

All you kids out there - DON'T work full-time while attending college if you don't have to. Seriously. Reserve college as THE last time to fuck around.