• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are SJs allowed to have pink hair?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're looking for more subtle, I also like this one:
1207080030.jpg

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm slightly bothered by dying only the bottom parts because it sort of looks like she dipped her hair in liquid bubblegum or something. Looks messy.

Hahahaha I won't lie, it sorta does, but I truly don't expect men to understand female fashion choices. We do crazy things out of boredom. /sexist

It will really depend on where you're getting the job and what sort of job you hope to have.

Hmm. My impression is that the entire financial industry is conservative in appearance. Can you give me some examples of where they are not?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Do it, giggles. You'll be like a Mermaid from the movie Hook :wubbie:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm. My impression is that the entire financial industry is conservative in appearance. Can you give me some examples of where they are not?

Well, the two things I'd ask are: How public would you expect your job to be and how much do you intend to climb ranks?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hahahaha I won't lie, it sorta does, but I truly don't expect men to understand female fashion choices. We do crazy things out of boredom. /sexist

I don't dislike dyed hair out of being conservative, I just dislike it when people do it wrong. if the dyed hair is (somewhat) natural looking, matching their appearence and dress, and doesn't excentuate their less desirable features, I'm all for it, but when most people do it it's down right ugly. exotic fashion statements like dying one's hair pink are harder to pull off correctly because it's hard to match something that bold with the rest of one's appearence that's why I liked the last pick, it's tasteful and matches her eyes, face and outfit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I honestly think the sexiest hair color I ever had was when I went to a salon and had them put golden blonde chunky streaks into my dark hair.

Sort of like this:

chunky-highlights.jpg

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
some bureaucratic entity will hire me. I plan to go up the ranks as slowly as possible assuming that entails entering management. I dont want to be a manager.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't dislike dyed hair out of being conservative, I just dislike it when people do it wrong. if the dyed hair is (somewhat) natural looking, matching their appearence and dress, and doesn't excentuate their less desirable features, I'm all for it, but when most people do it it's down right ugly. exotic fashion statements like dying one's hair pink are harder to pull off correctly because it's hard to match something that bold with the rest of one's appearence that's why I liked the last pick, it's tasteful and matches her eyes, face and outfit.

we are in complete agreement here. I've never been dye-crazy for this reason.
More bubblegum pink pics plz.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

There's nothing quite like having a gay man help you color your hair.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
some bureaucratic entity will hire me. I plan to go up the ranks as slowly as possible assuming that entails entering management. I dont want to be a manager.

it's said that ISFJs often shy away from management positions, but I think many would be rather good at it if they are managing people who actually care about their work. they can use extraverted feeling to ask themselves "why is this person not motivated? what needs does this person have in order to perform most productively? how can I help this person enjoy his work more?" not all managers are ESTJ plantation owners lol

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I honestly think the sexiest hair color I ever had was when I went to a salon and had them put golden blonde chunky streaks into my dark hair.

Sort of like this:

chunky-highlights.jpg

All in all I'm not a big fan of hair dye in general. For some reason, I particularly hate the sort of thing in that picture.

I think if you work mainly behind the scenes and don't plan to be a big fish, you might be able to get away with it. Where I work (though I realize I work for the government which can be quite different from private business) people are really casual in their style. Basically, most people aren't even supposed to see the stuff we work with, and important people don't give a crap about underlings like us, so... we can pretty much look however we want. My main caution though is that with the government, even if someone did care, we couldn't legally be fired for it. The same cannot be said about private enterprises.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
it's said that ISFJs often shy away from management positions, but I think many would be rather good at it if they are managing people who actually care about their work. they can use extraverted feeling to ask themselves "why is this person not motivated? what needs does this person have in order to perform most productively? how can I help this person enjoy his work more?" not all managers are ESTJ plantation owners lol
I think in general, the ISFJ just doesn't thrive being in that type of position. Not saying they aren't capable or that they wouldn't do a good job, but it's not really in line with what makes the ISFJ tick and feel energized.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
All in all I'm not a big fan of hair dye in general. For some reason, I particularly hate the sort of thing in that picture.

To each their own. I felt hot with my hair like that, and I attracted men who seemed to like it.

I think it looked really good because I had it done professionally. I do not like the really severe half blonde/half black bro ho hair look, though, which is a more extreme and home grown version of that.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
minus the lip piercings, I think this girl did a pretty good job of dying her hair pink in an aesthetically pleasing manner
IMGP0026.jpg

If that is all real hair, this separation of colors is a bitch/damn near impossible to maintain. You can't shampoo all of your hair together or the darker color will bleed onto the pastel pink, making your hair a splotchy purple mess. You would literally have to separate the layers of color, shampoo them separately, and wash them in ICE COLD water to maintain crisp colors.

/Things learned from experience.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's nothing quite like having a gay man help you color your hair.

while I appreciate the complement :laugh: it's only some gay men. other gay men are just weird and do all these bizzare things that they think are fashionable that in reality are just hideous. for instance, many dye their hair weird colors like green or purple and at the same time will wear digusting black eye liner and think that it's sexy. or they're talk like a high school cheerleader and wear clothes like a woman and think this looks sexy (none of these things are sexy AT ALL lol). the gay men that fit your compliment specifically are the metro/high fashion type of gay men you see on the cover of GQ :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think in general, the ISFJ just doesn't thrive being in that type of position. Not saying they aren't capable or that they wouldn't do a good job, but it's not really in line with what makes the ISFJ tick and feel energized.

you have a good point

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More bubblegum pink pics plz.

Ermm, ummm....

Here's what I presume to be a wig that looks like it's made of cotton candy (or perhaps it actually is?). *nom nom nom*
07-pink-hair.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
But that was just my off-topic 2 cents. It served no point, really. You were right though in how an ISFJ would probably do a good job of detecting and being attune to people's needs which is an important trait. I just think in the context of the larger picture of managerial work, an ISFJ wouldn't be so happy there :)