• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Your surroundings

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
Do you have to take a moment to think about your surroundings, or can you just walk out side then 10 min later describe exactly what was happening around you?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It I really concentrate on it I can recall what was happening. If I got outside with the mindset that "I'm going to pay close attention" than I will. Normally I don't do that. I'm anticipating what's happening next. I'm going outside to go somewhere, thinking about my destination and what I'll do when I get there and I'm not really all that tuned into what's going on around me unless I've deliberately decided to make that my focus.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm usually aware of my surroundings, unless I am distracted by someone.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It I really concentrate on it I can recall what was happening. If I got outside with the mindset that "I'm going to pay close attention" than I will. Normally I don't do that. I'm anticipating what's happening next. I'm going outside to go somewhere, thinking about my destination and what I'll do when I get there and I'm not really all that tuned into what's going on around me unless I've deliberately decided to make that my focus.

but you're not an sj!! haha

i'm curious about this too tho...are you guys just naturally very present? if three people walked into a room real quick and then left and i asked you what they were wearing...would you know?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I have to consciously survey my surroundings to be keen on recalling what was seen. It's not automatic. I miss some pretty obvious stuff when I'm not paying attention.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
Personally I don't notice a lot of things, even when I am looking for it. Example: when I was younger my dad used to point out deer or other animals in the distance. I could never see them until I looked for about 5 or more minutes.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
At least for me.....There's no guarantee that I'll remember anything about a place I've been, because if I'm in my head the whole time it won't stick. Then there are times when I'll have a very clear, short term recollection of a place. Then there are times when I remember something very detailed- it's very real, for a long time.

I can't guarantee what I will and won't remember. It's selective, and I have no control over it.

Si equaling memories and details is incorrect.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not an SJ, but my memory is excellent. Surroundings, areas, names. I remember a lot of things in great detail. I remember things that happened from before I could walk or talk. I remember things that I don't want or need to remember. I remember things like crying in my crib and learning to get out of my crib. (Nobody believes that one.) Things that people said, facial expressions, moods... Everything.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
At least for me.....There's no guarantee that I'll remember anything about a place I've been, because if I'm in my head the whole time it won't stick. Then there are times when I'll have a very clear, short term recollection of a place. Then there are times when I remember something very detailed- it's very real, for a long time.

I can't guarantee what I will and won't remember. It's selective, and I have no control over it.

Si equaling memories and details is incorrect.

Agreed.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I remember more of facts regarding what happened. What was said, what was done. I don't remember the surroundings too much. I have to intentionally pay attention a lot because I just don't notice details around me.