• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] STJs in law enforcement

mbticop

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hey guys-
I'm not a frequent poster here (I think it's been years), so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. Please feel free to direct me if so.

I'm working on a paper for an education class. I seem to remember reading somewhere that a large percentage of law enforcement officers were either ESTJ or ISTJ. It's certainly true in my own agency (about 44%). Unfortunately, I'm looking for a source for my paper and I can't find anything, anywhere.

Anyone know where I can find this? Or am I out of my mind, and just made up the idea?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm an aspiring cop, if that counts for anything towards statistics. As for articles on the topic, I'm not sure. I've been involved with a law enforcement web forum for many years and made a thread in the past asking people to take the online test and see their results. Most were xxTJ (obviously), and lots of those were S's.

Are you a sworn police officer? How long you been on the job?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you cut people slack when you pull them over, or do you do this: :rules:

mbticop

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I've been on the job for 15 years. It's great, and you can't beat the retirement.

Do I cut people slack? Sure. I always find it funny when people say, "What'cho stopping me for?" Uh... you were doing 25 miles over the speed limit, you weren't wearing your seatbelt, your inspection sticker is expired, your license plate is expired, your window tint is illegal... do you want me to go on?

I'd be unlikely to write someone a ticket for all of that stuff. ISTJs are logical, and to me, it's inappropriate (in most cases) to slam someone with a ticket for all that stuff. And in general, you could go out and write hundreds of tickets a day. People are committing traffic violations (some very dangerous ones) everywhere, all day long. You have to prioritize sometimes.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Don't think you're gonna find a cop that tickets 100%. Talk about a waste of time if you did.