• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Does it suck being an SJ?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wooo! Giant thread bump!!

Everything is pretty zen in DisneyGeek land right now. Of course, I am obviously not speaking for others.

:)

I feel fine too.

Hecuba

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Yes, it sucks a lot some times. I mean, a lot.

R

Riva

Where rules are concerned -

Most ISTJs I've met are more likely to adhere to a set of rules they believe are just and not rules enforced on them. Yes they would obey (like many of us would) where not adhering to rules enforced would be punishable but they (from what I have noticed) do so with scorn.

Where boredom is concerned -

STJs are quite funny and are usually good story tellers.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I will never understand claims like these. Do you guys think that the millions of Americans bullied and isolated each year are facing that because of abstract perception or something? That the millions suffering from depression and anxiety would automagically be cured if they thought concretely and enjoyed stable guidelines? That you must deeply relish metaphor to be prone to poverty or motivation issues? :huh:

If the majority of Americans really are SJ and a substantial portion of Americans are suffering from some of the above issues, that alone should tell you that SJ doesn't equal "normal" and perfectly molded, shouldn't it?

One of the best posts I read here in some time.

One thing that doesnt work either tho is that in our present times, you aint allowed no more to have any prejudices against SJs. If you were to make a thread about "SJs suck" and a thread about "NTs suck", you'ld face more rejection of your polemics in the first case than in the latter. The latter would prolly drift to self-irony and not take the topic serious, while the first one does form into some sort of "highschool gang" where it is either you are with us or against us.

That doesnt work either in my book.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Doesn't it suck being an NF who is constantly ruled by your own emotions and has no rhyme or reason to any of their actions?

Oh look. I can use extreme typology stereotypes, too.

No. It doesn't suck being an SJ.
:cry: sorry i'm being ruled by emotions :cry:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is just so stupid. I have to work on "being an SJ" constantly since all my problems stem from not having full access to those functions. I wish people would notice that MBTI could be helpful if you can work on using your weak functions. Yes, it sucks to be an SJ with handicapped use of Ne just as much as it sucks to be an NP who's handicapped in Si. I know this thread was 2011, I hope this fact has become 100% clear to 100% of people who have spent more than 2 months on this site.

T

The Iron Giant

Yeah, this is an old thread. I know [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] has gotten better in his understanding of type since making this. Obviously Keirsey's stuff is crap. But to answer the question anyway, no, I like being what I am. Si for me is nothing like it's described in the OP. My life is pretty great.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Yeah, this is an old thread. I know [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] has gotten better in his understanding of type since making this. Obviously Keirsey's stuff is crap. But to answer the question anyway, no, I like being what I am. Si for me is nothing like it's described in the OP. My life is pretty great.

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

come to think of it, that was probably the main reason for said misconceptions

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
It doesn't suck, mostly. Sometimes I wish I could be a little less stressed and little more carefree and relaxed about things. But I remember that everything around us in this world needs people behind the scenes to make it work. At a party, you will see SJ's cleaning, preparing, cooking, etc. In an office, you will see them running things making sure things go smoothly. I don't think anyone can fully know what it is like to be a "different type." Who we are is all we know and what we know is what we are used to and like. Being an ENFP, you look at the world through your own lens, and through that lens, anything that isn't quite as carefree, adaptable, loose, etc does not seem fun. Monotonous work, planning, organizing, may seem like chores to you [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] but for others those things are what we love and keep us sane in a crazy and ever changing world. We all have a place in this world, not little boxes, but places in which we can flourish and do what we do best. It does not suck to be an SJ, it can be tiring, it can be stressful, but we are best equipped to handle the negatives. NF's perhaps don't like the idea of being an SJ because it's boring and it "sucks," SJ's perhaps don't like the idea of being NF because its useless and lazy (stereotypes and nothing more). For myself, I wish I could be a bit more extroverted, intuitive, feeling and perceptive, but I'm happy and proud to be a curmudgeonly ISTJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It doesn't suck, mostly. Sometimes I wish I could be a little less stressed and little more carefree and relaxed about things. But I remember that everything around us in this world needs people behind the scenes to make it work. At a party, you will see SJ's cleaning, preparing, cooking, etc. In an office, you will see them running things making sure things go smoothly. I don't think anyone can fully know what it is like to be a "different type." Who we are is all we know and what we know is what we are used to and like. Being an ENFP, you look at the world through your own lens, and through that lens, anything that isn't quite as carefree, adaptable, loose, etc does not seem fun. Monotonous work, planning, organizing, may seem like chores to you [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] but for others those things are what we love and keep us sane in a crazy and ever changing world. We all have a place in this world, not little boxes, but places in which we can flourish and do what we do best. It does not suck to be an SJ, it can be tiring, it can be stressful, but we are best equipped to handle the negatives. NF's perhaps don't like the idea of being an SJ because it's boring and it "sucks," SJ's perhaps don't like the idea of being NF because its useless and lazy (stereotypes and nothing more). For myself, I wish I could be a bit more extroverted, intuitive, feeling and perceptive, but I'm happy and proud to be a curmudgeonly ISTJ.

The day I'ld have a place in the world, I'ld have failed :)

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is delightfully ironic considering that you are an NFP, lol :)
In my experience, Fi moral perfectionism is equal to, if not more than, the amount of stress one could possibly get from Si propriety perfectionism.

If you are indeed ENFP, you're probably projecting inferior Si onto others and is perhaps why it makes you think having higher Si would be insufferable. What you are fundamentally missing is that your complex (the particular way Si is behaving and your own reaction to it) is somewhat unique to those with inferior (ENP) or shadow (NFJ) Si. For an actual SJ, Si is prone to be just as relaxing as Ne is for you (with just as many occasional annoyances as you too may get from Ne).

To further answer your question though, yes, if I can be considered a proper example of SJ, it is tough being SJ sometimes. I experience this when my needs are continually not being met (in times of heightened stress in other words). I start to think of those needs as character flaws and might wish I didn't have them. I believe a similar thing can happen with non-SJs too.

Hey, cool post!

But that's ESFJ, not Si per say.
Don't mislead the poor souls who think they can understand from explanations and not from personal experience :newwink:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't have an issue with SJ's. Honestly, I think I've had more pressure in my life to conform to SP and NF values than SJ values (at least as Keirsey defines them), so I tend to have more issues with those temperaments. Even so, I don't think they suck, and I think they bring valuable things to the table.