• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Does it suck being an SJ?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd fucking LOVE to be an SJ, are you kidding me?? I have the hardest time with Si, and the devil is in the damn details.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd fucking LOVE to be an SJ, are you kidding me?? I have the hardest time with Si, and the devil is in the damn details.

you raise a good point. whomever came up with that quote was probably and N wondering "why the hell can't I get anything done?!"

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you raise a good point. whomever came up with that quote was probably and N wondering "why the hell can't I get anything done?!"

I'm not proud of it, but when I saw your thread title I hoped the SJs and their simpaticos had chewed you alive and spat out the bones.

I see now that they handled it in a much more dignified manner than I would've. Bravo forumites, I defer to your wisdom in the face of <insert impolite commentary> posting.

/polite golf claps/

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not proud of it, but when I saw your thread title I hoped the SJs and their simpaticos had chewed you alive and spat out the bones.

I see now that they handled it in a much more dignified manner than I would've. Bravo forumites, I defer to your wisdom in the face of <insert impolite commentary> posting.

/polite golf claps/

...huh?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

/polite golf claps/

:cheers:

yeah... the SPs were much less polite about it :laugh:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe it's because I'm an ENFP... but I see this as a perfectly polite, valid question. :shrug: I don't see what everyone's going on about...

I know a lot of SJs, and my whole theory is that it must suck to be Se or Si dom where Ne or Ni would be more useful, and vice versa.

Other types always see something about types they're not a member of as "sucking" because they don't like to operate that way. However, I also recognize that sometimes being an NF sucks (everyone inevitably hurts your feelings, no one seems to understand you, and if you do feel depressed there's a nasty little voice in your head informing you that everyone thinks you're pathetic). I've heard other types say that sometimes being an XX sucks, and the reasons they give usually aren't the ones I would have expected.

I would think that it would suck to be an SJ because they get a lot of crap about being boring, and it's usually not true.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
no offense chiharu i like you but i'm ENFP and i definitely found the question offensive and inappropriate. just to be clear it's not a type thing :/

there's nothing wrong with the idea behind the question but the wording is very rude and misconstrues intent, imo.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no offense chiharu i like you but i'm ENFP and i definitely found the question offensive and inappropriate. just to be clear it's not a type thing :/

there's nothing wrong with the idea behind the question but the wording is very rude and misconstrues intent, imo.

What's the trip over "wording" lately on TypoC? Bottom line, the question's the same. You can call it poop, feces or caca - but it ultimately means shit.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
What's the trip over "wording" lately on TypoC? Bottom line, the question's the same. You can call it poop, feces or caca - but it ultimately means shit.

How you say.....it's not what you say but how you say it?

Yeah you can look at it in the bigger sense - a more universal application- but consider the sender.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't suck in real life. It only sucks on this forum.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I'm late to the party, but I'll join the fray. If you can't tell right away why this is an incredibly asinine question, well, you need to hit the psychology books a little harder.

It would only suck relative to your own perspective, Elfboy. That's because your perspective is that of an intuitive. Furthermore, you generally have only negative experiences with Si. If you were an xxSJ, your experience of the world would be radically shifted. You would probably ask if being an xxNP sucks, what, with not being able to keep your shit together and all.

There literally is no way to qualitatively compare the experiences of two people with their perceiving functions as the determining factor. It's as absurd as saying "it must suck being a native Japanese person, because I don't speak Japanese."

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

IZthe411 said:
it's not what you say but how you say it?

yep. OP himself pointed out the trip:

Elfboy said:
I used acontroversial thread title because I thought it would get more views, but it ended up just being confusing and obscuring the main point of the thread

bottom line is language is more than denotation.

and it frustrates me when things i don't relate to at all get attributed to my type. i want to prevent misperceptions.

A

Anew Leaf

And the voice of reason has arrived.

I thought it was stupid/offensive because it was just one of a million similar started threads by the same OP. Maybe more introspection and less naval gazing. Or more bunnies. Or glitter. Or galaxies.

I'm late to the party, but I'll join the fray. If you can't tell right away why this is an incredibly asinine question, well, you need to hit the psychology books a little harder.

It would only suck relative to your own perspective, Elfboy. That's because your perspective is that of an intuitive. Furthermore, you generally have only negative experiences with Si. If you were an xxSJ, your experience of the world would be radically shifted. You would probably ask if being an xxNP sucks, what, with not being able to keep your shit together and all.

There literally is no way to qualitatively compare the experiences of two people with their perceiving functions as the determining factor. It's as absurd as saying "it must suck being a native Japanese person, because I don't speak Japanese."

Flight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
7w8
guys chill how about i restate the question non offensively:

what is it like to be an sj/can you imagine being an sp or np?

i couldnt imagine being an sj but that is only really because i am not one. i like sjs a lot but i bet most of em cannot stand me because i am p messy and care free

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
guys chill how about i restate the question non offensively:

what is it like to be an sj/can you imagine being an sp or np?

i couldnt imagine being an sj but that is only really because i am not one. i like sjs a lot but i bet most of em cannot stand me because i am p messy and care free

It is impossible to imagine what it would be like to have a different dom/aux perceiving function. That's sort of the whole point.