• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How Many of You ISTJs Keep a Log?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which ISTJs keep a gasoline/maintenace records/repair log inside your car and regularly record your gas fillups etc?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Negative. I'm horrible with car maintenance. I promise to do better with my new wheels. The winter is testing me, though.

I think the most neurotic thing I do (well used to do) was use my trip odometer to monitor how many miles I got per tank. 250 was the goal. Now with my new car I monitor my MPG but not on a per tank basis.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Negative. I used to try to plan out my gas usage with spreadsheets, but that's about it. I'm horrible with most logs. Though I still spreadsheet my general expenses and keep a laid out day to day schedule on my phone.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Stardate 739861944 - Captain Entropy

Today I flipped a coin from the kitchen room into the toilet. It was awesome !

Over and out

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Last time I tried to do anything with a car I dumped windshield washer fluid into the wrong place.

My ENTJ checks up on my car. I don't mess with it.

I do reset my trip meter whenever I refill so that I can just quickly mentally do the math to figure out my gas mileage. Just because my stepdad always did that and I picked it up form him. So that if I refill 2-3 times and have really bad gas mileage for several days in a row I have a heads up that something is wrong with my car.

Hobbes

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I keep a log of all automobile expenses - gas, oil, maintenance, mpg, etc. The log stays in the car and after a few receipts accumulate I enter them in the log book. When I sell my car I give the buyer a folder of all maintenance records and the logbook documenting every drop of gas or oil that went into the car. My last car sold to the first person who showed up to look at it once they saw how well maintained (and documented) it had been.

gromit

likes this
My parents used to do this. I one time went to fill up at the gas station they usually go to and after the transaction, the employee smiled and said "don't forget to write it in the little book!"

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I had an ESTJ friend who was meticulous about keeping the maintenance log filled out. We would always make fun of him for it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My grandma had a friend who kept meticulous records of all of her purchases and the day each thing was purchased. When she brought groceries, she would label the date on each item she brought. Don't know her type as I've never met her but wouldn't be surprised if she was an ISTJ.

rav3n

My ISTJ ex used to keep a fillup and mileage log. Maintenance and repair receipts were kept in a little brown envelope in the glove compartment of his vehicle. If he changed his own oil, he would keep the receipt for the oil, gasket, plug (if necessary). They were organised in date order with the newest receipt on the outside of the bundle. The bundle would get pretty fat if he owned the vehicle for a number of years.

Homer

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I calculate every tank of fuel. reset trip meter. then I write it down in my daily diary and throw away the reciept.

this is my way of monitoring if the car is running properly and only doing a tuneup when required.

I went to school when we were being changed from Imperial to Metric system , and I still calculate economy to MPG.

had a 86 VW golf diesel that got 55mpg right up to its last tank when I pulled it off the road at 498,000km or around 300,000 miles.
I like to get maximum use from my vehicles:hi:
ok I'm cheap

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Not at all. The person that owned the truck before me did though. A better ISTJ than I, apparently.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ich habe ein log, ja.

Arnold_Log.jpg

(Gotta get some activity on these forums!)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always kept a log of all car maintenance. I'm not an S.

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
Uhh. I do not. But all my gas station and automobile transactions are automatically downloaded into my finance software, and filed under auto expenses. If it's a car repair invoice, I just put it in my filing cabinet at home.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Uhh. I do not. But all my gas station and automobile transactions are automatically downloaded into my finance software, and filed under auto expenses. If it's a car repair invoice, I just put it in my filing cabinet at home.

Makes me second guess if my girlfriend is an istj. Lately she's even starting to check out gas station in the vicinity for the cheapest and it's about 1 cent differences. She's creepy :D

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Makes me second guess if my girlfriend is an istj. Lately she's even starting to check out gas station in the vicinity for the cheapest and it's about 1 cent differences. She's creepy :D

I hate when people do that. People will cross the bridge into New Jersey b/c the gas is about 10-20 cents cheaper. But then it costs $4 to cross the bridge.