• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] My ENFP Friend

Moi

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree- i find that SJs have simple to understand 'rules' of being a friend that you need to satisfy. For example, friends send you birthday cards, friends call you at least once a week, friends show they appreciate you with thank-you notes, etc). Once I found out my younger sister was an ESTJ our relationship improved hugely - I just make sure i did things to show her that I appreciated her (call, write emails, etc). very simple interaction in that way.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
:hi: Welcome to MBTIc Moi! May your posting days be long and prosperous. *treckie hand gesture*

Taberculosis

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I am pretty sure my boyfriend is an ENFP or an INFP. I cannot really tell. ....He does not really have any friends anymore since he decided to stop associating with druggies, but compared to me and my extra-introvertedness he seems like an extravert. (He is a car salesman so he has to be able to tolerate people)

I am not sure if we complement each other or not. We've been together four years but he still gets on my last nerve sometimes.

One weekend we drove down to the city. He wouldn't let me drive, or tell me what we were doing. But then he decided he was too drunk to drive us home so we got a hotel room. sooo I had not contact solution, no tooth brush or toothpaste.

I was just like.... had you told me or had we planned this I could have been prepared! Unpreparedness drives me insaaaane.

Yeah. I sound like a douche bag.

possom

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am an ENFP woman with an ISTJ man. We have been together as man/woman (not husband/wife) for 20 years. When I first met him , there is no way I thought he had anything to offer me. I was trying to save the world, he was merely trying to meet his obligations and paddle his own canoe. But he kept coming around , week after week. Grandually I began to appreciate his calm demeanor ; he took delight in my adventures. I provide the song and dance, he keep gas in the car and the insurance paid. Now, here we are twenty years later, I cannot imagine my life without this man. He says that he lives to be with me, that the rest of his life is just meeting his obligations. And when I'm with him I feel truly loved and appreciated and needed and adored.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One weekend we drove down to the city. He wouldn't let me drive, or tell me what we were doing. But then he decided he was too drunk to drive us home so we got a hotel room. sooo I had not contact solution, no tooth brush or toothpaste.

I was just like.... had you told me or had we planned this I could have been prepared! Unpreparedness drives me insaaaane.

Yeah. I sound like a douche bag.
I complain to my friends about things like that, too, and I also kind of feel like a d-bag as soon as I say it. I don't do that kind of stuff to people I don't know, but with my friends, they know me, so I figure that they can "take it".

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
wow, this is very nice to know. i know for a fat that keirsey believes that opposites attract. the quotes that moi used were both from him. the thing about these extreme opposites are that they can either work very well or absolutely horribly. i'm glad to hear all these success stories :). we all have a gut attraction to 'the other'. from keirsey's philosophy they 'complete/anchor each other'. i've been hopelessly obsessed with an ISTJ for years. you guys had to revive it :)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I like ISTJs, because of their groundedness. They are calm, practical and helpful. You know, gentleman types. I have respect for them. :)

Good call. Ya ISTJ's are some of the best friends. Once you get close to them, they are with you till the end. Through thick and thin.

wutup?

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFP
hahaha... sounds like me

its weird because im an ENFP/ISTJ

during summer im all "WHOO ENFP" and then school year i transform into an ISTJ to get work done, or maybe its shadow...

you see its like the 1st few months of school ill be soooo stressed out with how life is all new and i constantly have to work so ill go "shadow" and then ill stop flipping out and just stay ISTJ permantently, and then in june again i go WHOO!

whats wrong with me!!

actually, i may be mistaken. I think that im just like that under stress, and school is a huge stress factor to me, so maybe... i mean i cant be two different personalities! i mean i was told by people that im a very strong ENFP which makes sense, cuz i do possess those traits, but uhh, school year? i deff. do change and it takes a while, but still i mean i literally CHANGE!!! can someone figure this out?

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I seem to know a lot of ENFPs, they almost seem to be drawn to me, lol, which is odd because I don't think of myself as being the person people want to be friends with. All I can say is yay for the friendliness of ENFPs! They seem so pleased to see me, even spotting me in the distance and running over! This is probably something ENFPs do with everyone though, making everyone seem really appreciated and like a close friend.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am an ENFP woman with an ISTJ man. We have been together as man/woman (not husband/wife) for 20 years. When I first met him , there is no way I thought he had anything to offer me. I was trying to save the world, he was merely trying to meet his obligations and paddle his own canoe. But he kept coming around , week after week. Grandually I began to appreciate his calm demeanor ; he took delight in my adventures. I provide the song and dance, he keep gas in the car and the insurance paid. Now, here we are twenty years later, I cannot imagine my life without this man. He says that he lives to be with me, that the rest of his life is just meeting his obligations. And when I'm with him I feel truly loved and appreciated and needed and adored.

Aww :) True love, in fact.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
ENFPs!! :D My best friend is an ENFP. We get along great! Like Beat said, light in the dark. :yes:

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
My best friend is ENFP as well...we've known each other for 11 years! We crack each other up!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awww...such sweetness this thread :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ISTJs exhibit a good deal of patience with ENFPs. We seem to amuse them more than infuriate them. LOL. I think they appreciate that we may sometimes (or are always) extremely flighty or even irresponsible compared to them but we care and we like to add levity and camraderie to relationships. ISTJs, at least the one that I know, is very generous with friends.

I think it's a case of ENFP bringing the intangible and ISTJ bringing the tangible to the table. It also only works if the ENFP has their act together in some areas and the ISTJ is yielding in others. In other words, an extreme ENFP and an extreme ISTJ would probably not work and yes, would drive the other nuts.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Example: My ENFP friend will be unknowingly dancing about to an imaginary song in his head whilst we are walking out in public (and unbeknownst to him people are watching) or if we are riding in the car... I will turn to him with a dead serious look on my face (trying not to laugh) and say "Dude, what the hell are you doing?".... He stops what he's doing and all cool he goes "Oohhh... nothing..." LOL! It's hilarious! Then we just start laughing. :rofl1:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!! i love it!! and can SO relate! :D

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I have dated an ISTJ for 5 years. I just recently moved out and I'm not sure what is happening between us right now.

We are complete opposites. Complete black & white. I love him and miss him but we are just not good for each other. I am usually a pretty high flying happy person but the man can crash me with 2 words in a certain tone of voice. And he has over the last 2 years started to show shadow tendencies, and I know he is miserable. we drag each other down to the point of existing - nothing more.

We were so good as friends.... so good - but as a couple not so much. It makes me feel kind of sick.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have dated an ISTJ for 5 years. I just recently moved out and I'm not sure what is happening between us right now.

We are complete opposites. Complete black & white. I love him and miss him but we are just not good for each other. I am usually a pretty high flying happy person but the man can crash me with 2 words in a certain tone of voice. And he has over the last 2 years started to show shadow tendencies, and I know he is miserable. we drag each other down to the point of existing - nothing more.

We were so good as friends.... so good - but as a couple not so much. It makes me feel kind of sick.

ugh...i know. :hug::hug: great as friends though.