• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] What are the signs of a ISTJ liking or being attracted to you?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
If you aren't uncomfortable putting yourself out there, then yes, give him a clear sign that you are interested, and let him do the rest.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Clearest sign to me is not ending conversations quickly with me. If I feel I have to keep conversations going with you without you walking away, you're not interested. But, if you tend to stick around a lot, then that's obvious.

xisnotx

Permabanned
If he doesn't seem angry around you (at least most of the time). When he volunteers ANY information.

Nameless Hero

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
My ISTJ brother meets his women through the internet. I would guess he would email you...

After you meet, he tries hard to be entertaining and can become a bit infantile at it. He has a strong focus on "doing stuff" with the girl in question.

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
Clearest sign to me is not ending conversations quickly with me. If I feel I have to keep conversations going with you without you walking away, you're not interested. But, if you tend to stick around a lot, then that's obvious.

He doesn't try to end it or seem bothered when I talk to him even though I generally do more the talking asking him stuff , he seems to really listen and add stuff sometimes. Even though we only talk occasionally.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
He doesn't try to end it or seem bothered when I talk to him even though I generally do more the talking asking him stuff , he seems to really listen and add stuff sometimes. Even though we only talk occasionally.

With me, it's more of that a girl breaks nearly every rule I maintain when dealing with the general public. With most strangers or people, I'm constantly watching for timeliness, I'm standoff-ish, critical, looking for actually meaningful conversations to engage in and tend to avoid a lot of conversations. When I'm talking to a girl I like, all that is thrown out the window. I'll find any stupid reason to talk to you. I start teasing them. I try to stay in your general vicinity. I risk being late for something just to be near you for 2 more minutes. It's more of observing how conversations and interactions differ between people. To put it short, I minimize contact with strangers and cut conversations short because I just lack the desire for small talk. With a hot girl, it's different. Like a girl yesterday at work, came in looking for a shirt for work in the men's dept since it's a button down shirt she couldn't find in ladies. I spent a few minutes joking about a SHIRT with her because she was young, cute and playful. If I saw 2 people joking about a shirt, I would sit there thinking, "These people are idiots, laughing about something as trivial and meaningless as a SHIRT, WTF."

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
With me, it's more of that a girl breaks nearly every rule I maintain when dealing with the general public. With most strangers or people, I'm constantly watching for timeliness, I'm standoff-ish, critical, looking for actually meaningful conversations to engage in and tend to avoid a lot of conversations. When I'm talking to a girl I like, all that is thrown out the window. I'll find any stupid reason to talk to you. I start teasing them. I try to stay in your general vicinity. I risk being late for something just to be near you for 2 more minutes. It's more of observing how conversations and interactions differ between people. To put it short, I minimize contact with strangers and cut conversations short because I just lack the desire for small talk. With a hot girl, it's different. Like a girl yesterday at work, came in looking for a shirt for work in the men's dept since it's a button down shirt she couldn't find in ladies. I spent a few minutes joking about a SHIRT with her because she was young, cute and playful. If I saw 2 people joking about a shirt, I would sit there thinking, "These people are idiots, laughing about something as trivial and meaningless as a SHIRT, WTF."

He doesn't really tease anyone, he smiles a little sometimes. And just looks at me quite a bit

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Tish,

Don't think too hard about this. The dude likes you. Do you feel the same?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Give him your number, your address and tell him to come over. :p

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
Yeah I do like him lol. But I'm also the quiet type and I can't really ask him his number as I need to get to know him more and become friends. The other day earlier this week he was standing by the classroom him and this girl were talkign a little but there was a big distance between them he didn't stand too close. Then I went over to my friend who was nearby and he stopped talking and started looking at me, I saw him but pretended not to see him. An he was looking around .ISTJs are so hard to read.

Tish211

Enneagram
9w1
I posted in another thread things about him and he seems the most like and ISTJ. an others said that

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
So I'm guessing I need to be the one to be the pursuer? He does usually make it obvious when he is looking and doesn't seem to mind if caught or occasionally he'll look away . He stands beside me a lot before class(in the class without his friends) even though he doesn't speak to me until I start it.When I've spoken to him face to face which has only been a few times we've stood about 15cm apart and we're not that close. An he doesn't get distracted.

Yes. I'm the same way. Maybe he has been rejected a thousand times and it hurts to be rejected again, so he longer pursues. Maybe he's very insecure. Maybe that's why he likes you... because you seem like a pillar of strength to him. I am just guessing.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Touch him next time you si hi.. Sneak up on him touch hes back for instance and say hi. and blablabla casualy..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wouldn't recommending touching an ISxJ you don't know well unless they've allowed you into their personal space.

MBTI Type
INTJ
It has been suggested to me that I might be ISTJ, and I would say touch away. I will do my best to interpret any behavior on your part as something OTHER than "you like me". It's like a messed up Occam's Razor. I would like anyone attracted to me to make it plain as if they were talking to a moron, so that I cannot misinterpret it despite my best efforts.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't recommending touching an ISxJ you don't know well unless they've allowed you into their personal space.
Its not plutonium its a person... A slight touch when you say hi would not cause a new tsjernobyl disaster. its a gentle way to check hes response..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I know it's a person. And I've had some of those people tell me they hate being touched by strangers, it feels invasive to them.

Not all ISxJs are this way, of course, but I'd guess there's a greater possibility of this being so.

Besides, I said unless they've allowed you into their personal space, which you and effem seem to be presuming that the guy does actually like her. If he does, I'm sure he'd welcome the touch. But if it's an iffy situation, it might weird him out - not because he is weirded out by her personally, just because it's perceived that any strange person who does that is being overly familiar.

:shrug:

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yea best strategy is variable depending on hes interest in her. But how else are Tish going to get a hint without asking..

Any other options?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would recommend moving in slowly, in a friendly way, so they get used to you, and then touching them.

The way she had described it, it just seemed they didn't know each other very well. Maybe he would be comfortable with her walking up and touching him, I don't know how much they have interacted.