• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Fellow SJs: do people see you as "closed-minded"?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hear this mostly from people who would define themselves as unconventional. It isn't that sort of natural unconventionality; but that sort of flamboyant ''I'm seeking for attention and validation'' type. I find that annoying because they are purposely trying to disrupt the atmosphere of others. I also find that misleading. The way it is misleading is that when people whom are naturally unconventional tend to denounce that part of themselves because those flamboyant ''transgenders'' or flamboyant humans decided to adopt the word as their own. I am not traditional: but in the Myers Briggs world you either are a traditional/close minded doormat or a free-spirited transgender. I think the Myers Briggs should be tweaked a little informational wise. I see where she was going there and I have applied this theory to reality and it has worked; but I feel like there has been some information that hasn't been talked about. I am often told that I am closed-minded because I don't believe in what this generation believes. I believe in how things used to be and I feel like they need to set some laws in place so that way nobody gets hurt.
Strange use of the word "transgender". Do you really mean "transgender" when you mention it, above? How are you defining it?

Also, you discuss the difference between people being unconventional because they can't help it, and being unconventional to get attention from others. I'm not sure how much the MBTI measures either of those qualities, though your dislike of that disruption sounds awfully SJ to me. I'd say SFJ but that's not how you've typed yourself.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when I first meet an SJ particularly ESTJ my first reaction is ugh omg so closed minded but once i get to know them i decide that aren't, like [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION] i did not like at first and that he/she was closed minded but i kept reading his/her replies in the ask ESTJ thread and I'm actually beginning to sort of like that person. now whether or not they like me is something different entirely.

but like my sister in law who is i believe an ISFJ is closed minded as is my brother but in the california style closed minded in that they look open minded but aren't actually. like they hold liberal values and on the surface look very open minded yeah...... um not sure where i was going with this

ooh maybe people who look closed minded are often open minded and people who look open minded are closed minded :shrug: lets just go with that sounds good to me.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I don't think that's happened. I've been accused of being selective in filtering information but the charge is usually made by people with a very limited knowledge base, so I can't take them seriously.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Strange use of the word "transgender". Do you really mean "transgender" when you mention it, above? How are you defining it?

Also, you discuss the difference between people being unconventional because they can't help it, and being unconventional to get attention from others. I'm not sure how much the MBTI measures either of those qualities, though your dislike of that disruption sounds awfully SJ to me. I'd say SFJ but that's not how you've typed yourself.

Yes, I do know what it means and I said that because I didn't feel like typing up a whole book. I said Transgender to mean the LGBT community. Because of all of this Cis-gender and other types of gender I just put them into a bubble because I didn't feel like naming it all. I should have used a better example. I'll say for instance, Caitlyn Jenner. That's a good example for who I am mostly talking about.

^^^ That guy is such a bullshitter.

Sil

This is a test.
when I first meet an SJ particularly ESTJ my first reaction is ugh omg so closed minded but once i get to know them i decide that aren't, like [MENTION=22628]Sil[/MENTION] i did not like at first and that he/she was closed minded but i kept reading his/her replies in the ask ESTJ thread and I'm actually beginning to sort of like that person. now whether or not they like me is something different entirely.

but like my sister in law who is i believe an ISFJ is closed minded as is my brother but in the california style closed minded in that they look open minded but aren't actually. like they hold liberal values and on the surface look very open minded yeah...... um not sure where i was going with this

ooh maybe people who look closed minded are often open minded and people who look open minded are closed minded :shrug: lets just go with that sounds good to me.

That's adorable. I've never been automatically disliked before on a forum. Unless we're counting knee jerk reactive INFPs on PerC.

You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy.

And as an aside,I don't have an opinion of you except I think you might be someone who used to hang around on PerC who was rather awesome. But it was awhile back and they were banned.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That's adorable. I've never been automatically disliked before on a forum. Unless we're counting knee jerk reactive INFPs on PerC.

And as an aside,I don't have an opinion of you except I think you might be someone who used to hang around on PerC who was rather awesome. But it was awhile back and they were banned.

i hung around perc for 6 months on one of my bans before it became what it is now. i went back recently it wasn't the same. and my user name is the same every where, because i'm too lazy to think of a new one
#perceiverProbs

and i figured you were most likely neutral or secretly disliked me i was leaning more towards neutral.

Sil

This is a test.
i hung around perc for 6 months on one of my bans before it became what it is now. i went back recently it wasn't the same. and my user name is the same every where, because i'm too lazy to think of a new one
#perceiverProbs

and i figured you were most likely neutral or secretly disliked me i was leaning more towards neutral.

Oh ho, then you were the one with the cat in the chicken costume? If so, you had great posts on PerC. Quite enjoyed your brand of zaniness.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Oh ho, then you were the one with the cat in the chicken costume? If so, you had great posts on PerC. Quite enjoyed your brand of zaniness.

yup that was me. i probably still have that same avatar. and wait i was banned? i had no clue, that's how often i log in anymore

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What the hell is happening in this thread? :unsure:

The way it is misleading is that when people whom are naturally unconventional tend to denounce that part of themselves because those flamboyant ''transgenders'' or flamboyant humans decided to adopt the word as their own. I am not traditional: but in the Myers Briggs world you either are a traditional/close minded doormat or a free-spirited transgender.

Lol.....?

I'm trying to think of how to respond to this but there are literally no words. :huh:

Last edited:

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I haven't been blocked on PerC quite yet. I have been blocked upon its chatroom because I was banned from an anxiety forum almost 5 years ago. They searched for my old records just because they didn't like me chatting with them. I have my opinions on things and I say what I feel. Sometimes it offends people and some people may agree. PerC is basically for pussies anyway. I'm hardly on there because you'll never get a good answer for your questions. Don't worry.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This quote: "I am not traditional: but in the Myers Briggs world you either are a traditional/close minded doormat or a free-spirited transgender."

Not only does it not really make any sense so I don't know how to respond to it, but basically what I've gathered from your posts in this thread is that you're equating special snowflake syndrome with being transgender and that seems really transphobic to me lol

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This quote: "I am not traditional: but in the Myers Briggs world you either are a traditional/close minded doormat or a free-spirited transgender."

Not only does it not really make any sense so I don't know how to respond to it, but basically what I've gathered from your posts in this thread is that you're equating special snowflake syndrome with being transgender and that seems really transphobic to me lol

I'm not transphobic, I'm using that as an example of someone who is basically asking for a certain kind of attention. When I mentioned the transgender community I was REALLY talking about Caitlyn Jenner. I understand that Gender Dysmorphia is a chromosome disorder. Caitlyn Jenner doesn't have Gender Dysmorphia. People like Caitlyn Jenner sicken me. I said that I should have said Caitlyn Jenner instead of mentioning all Transgender because I understand that some people whom are Transgender cannot help themselves. That's what I mentioned about putting them into a bubble because I didn't feel like naming all sort of genders. Here is what I mean. People like Caitlyn Jenner ARE bullshitters that crave attention. Jazz from I Am Jazz isn't a bullshitter. That person has an ACTUAL problem. I've done my research on Gender Dysmorphia and its a neurological thing. Caitlyn Jenner is a attention seeker whom wasn't trapped. Someone who was trapped was that Jazz person. I could see it. But I feel like Caitlyn Jenner did that just for attention. That is what I meant. It is my fault that I didnt make that clear.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes, I do know what it means and I said that because I didn't feel like typing up a whole book. I said Transgender to mean the LGBT community. Because of all of this Cis-gender and other types of gender I just put them into a bubble because I didn't feel like naming it all. I should have used a better example. I'll say for instance, Caitlyn Jenner. That's a good example for who I am mostly talking about.

^^^ That guy is such a bullshitter.

Transgender and LGBT are not interchangeable words. If you think they are, you may want to look at a dictionary. Doesn't matter what your personal opinion on either is.

Here you go.

LGBT | Define LGBT at Dictionary.com

Transgender | Define Transgender at Dictionary.com

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not transphobic, I'm using that as an example of someone who is basically asking for a certain kind of attention. When I mentioned the transgender community I was REALLY talking about Caitlyn Jenner. I understand that Gender Dysmorphia is a chromosome disorder. Caitlyn Jenner doesn't have Gender Dysmorphia. People like Caitlyn Jenner sicken me. I said that I should have said Caitlyn Jenner instead of mentioning all Transgender because I understand that some people whom are Transgender cannot help themselves. That's what I mentioned about putting them into a bubble because I didn't feel like naming all sort of genders. Here is what I mean. People like Caitlyn Jenner ARE bullshitters that crave attention. Jazz from I Am Jazz isn't a bullshitter. That person has an ACTUAL problem. I've done my research on Gender Dysmorphia and its a neurological thing. Caitlyn Jenner is a attention seeker whom wasn't trapped. Someone who was trapped was that Jazz person. I could see it. But I feel like Caitlyn Jenner did that just for attention. That is what I meant. It is my fault that I didnt make that clear. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Okay, thank you for clarifying. :D I honestly haven't followed Caitlyn Jenner that much (surprisingly lol) so I don't have much of an opinion there

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I figured they were trans, mostly because the color of the writing screams that or 14 year old girl. and me not being part of the community and not judgemental about people who are figured it was a new tumblr thing where they are allowed to use the terms interchangeably even though they aren't at all. while the rest of us would have our heads on a platter if we did.

but i am extremely judgemental of the color of writing and font people use on the internet apparently.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, thank you for clarifying. :D I honestly haven't followed Caitlyn Jenner that much (surprisingly lol) so I don't have much of an opinion there

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure you understood where I was coming from. I can be judgemental at times over things of this nature. Caitlyn Jenner claimed to have Gender Dysmorphia: but stayed a male for 50+ years. This person dislikes Gays and does not follow the LGBT community. Jazz on the other hand was BORN this way. This person constantly dressed out as female from 3 on up. That IS an example of Gender Dysmorphia. Caitlyn didn't dress out until later on. He is a conservative/ republican. I despise him and how he hurt his wife of 20+ years and his children.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
The past couple of pages in this thread are making me feel stupider just reading them.

Sil

This is a test.
yup that was me. i probably still have that same avatar. and wait i was banned? i had no clue, that's how often i log in anymore

Huh, I thought you were. Maybe not? I don't know.

No worries. Haven't missed much.

Is it just me or do you seem a lot more serious on here, though? Granted, maybe the forum has lost its fun element after eight years and 24,000 posts.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm close minded, sure. I can't speak for others though; they don't open their minds to me.